* Author Topic: Intersono  (Read 126560 times)

0 Members

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
Hiya - just wanted to add my penny's worth (that's funny cos Penny is my name  ;D ).  Have had one trip to Intersono without success and just about to do another.  Am already loaded up with various hormones and am injecting Decapeptyl each night.  Period should start any day now and on Sat I start the next lot of oestrogens etc. 

We leave for Lviv on 17th and will stay 10 days.  We are really lucky as my DH is now (by the wierdest coincidence) outsourcing in Lviv.  A few weeks ago he was there for 6 weeks and his company offered to fly me out to stay with him for a week.  This was great as the clinic wanted me to have a hysteroscopy before tx, so I went out there and did it during my "holiday".  If anyone needs more details on that, just ask. 

We're staying 10 mins from centre, gorgeous apartment (50 UAH a day), but I will be walking back up to Rynok square each day for fabulous chocolate (literally melted chocolate in a cup :P ).  DH will be working >:( , which is great as it means he doesn't lose wages and they pay for his flights and our apartment.  Can't believe our luck on this. 

Hoping and praying we are successful this time ^reiki^ .  It will be my 3rd ED ivf - went to Altra Vita first - but that just got mad expensive. 

Nb Re Donors - I didn't bother about a donor - just told clinic to choose for us.  Last time the donor we had chosen dropped out at last minute and cycle abandoned and the next donor was chosen for us then too.  When we got there they gave us a photo of her as a little girl, so we felt ok about it.  I really don't know if this time it will be the same donor or a different one, but I don't care.  Providing she is healthy and her eggs are good, then it just doesn't matter. 

If you want any advice on the place and people please message me. I also have loads of photos I can send if you want any, having now been there twice and my husband many times.

Good luck to those about to go! ;D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline parma violet

Hi penny
    everything crossed for your treatment. Can I ask did the hysteroscopy solve the mystery of why your previous treatment didn't work? I ask because I've had 4 failed DE cycles anf would love to get some answers.
    best
    parma

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    Hi

Could anyone give me an idea of what they charge please.

Thanks

Offline AustinSuzie

I am curious, how did you get them to communicate effectively with you?  I've been trying to get answers out of the clinic for some time now and they are very slow to respond if they respond at all.    Are they just overwhelmed with business?   Could it be the language barrier?  I am all the way in the United States so not able to do a preliminary appointment in person.   They said that was okay as I sent them all of my medical records.  I would be very interested in cycling with them as they seem to have an excellent reputation plus I get to see childhood photos of my anonymous donor, but the lack of communication is rather maddening.

Oh, and I too would like to know how much they charge for a donor cycle.  That's one of the many pieces of information I have not yet received from them.  If anyone can share that info and how much they ask you to pay upfront to get the cycle going, I would be most appreciative. 

Any other tips from those of you who have cycled there already?

Thank you!!!

Offline parma violet

Hello ladies
    the price is 3894 euro 50% of which you have to pay up front before they start stimming the donor. Re. communication I think I was lucky initially but now have been waiting for a reply for a week. I'm going to drop them an email again today so fingers crossed.
    [/size]best
    [/size]parma

Offline Hearty

hey all!

well aren't intersono gonna be very busy with us?!!!! ;D   (oooo i just found the smilies, watch out girls!!!  I may leave out words and just use the nice shiny yellow faces!).

Hey Penny, that sounds absolutely fantastic!  And talk about omens!  By the way are u in the UK or Irl?  17th, oh wow, not long now!  I'm not sure if you're having a single donor or double donor?  I'm hoping the drugs for double are low, 'had ovarian torsion on my last treatment ('have had 7 and overstimmed on most but bloody hell last time was really bad), so I cant use my own eggs since my poor little ovary (only had one to start with!) is now a bit fried! 

As regards hearing from them ladies, I found the only thing to do was email them every few days, I hate doing it because you dont want to be the one they think "oh not again" when they open they're mail about!  But I just gently prodded and it may take 2 or 3 but then i'd get a reply.

They've now got our funds (well the 50% up front) and i'm waiting for my protocol; have to say I find it all very James Bond-esque ("send us the money and we'll send you the rest of the instructions" sort of thing!), I'm half expecting the doctor to be sitting with a large white cat on her/his lap when we get there!!!!

We are looking at Aug so trust me i'll be annoying your hearts looking for how/where to book etc!

Happy Thursday! 

Love

Hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi ladies,

Gosh, some of you have had a tough time.  The price quoted is good I think, though they've not mentioned it this time.  Nor have they asked for payment up front (though that may come) :( .  We were there a few weeks ago and have been before so maybe they will want it all when we get there (nb we usually pay by credit card - but you will need cash for your meds)..I also got all my meds when I had the hysteroscopy, came to 230. 

I am only having the one egg donor - hubby is doing his business the day after we arrive (poor soul  :) ).  Quite funny really.  We stick needles in ourselves for weeks >:( , take horrible drugs :o , avoid alcohol ^bigbad^ , and feel ill :'( - they just have a ****

I also didn't go in advance of our first tx.  I am in the UK, by the way.  And they were fine with that.  We did everything via email.  Yes, they can be slow, but they will get back to you.  I never really chased them up, just waited.  Once things get going, they will be in touch regularly with requests and you need to be prepared for that.  Scans, blood tests, can be tricky to organise at short notice.  This was the email I got from them this morning (to give you an idea)

Dear Penny,

Just a short email to confirm that the donor is doing fine.
    Have you already had any scans, what is the thickness of your lining?
    We wait for you husband at the clinic on June, 18 at 10:00.

Best regards,
    Lyucyna Didina

Notice the sudden mention of linings.  I replied that it was too short notice to get them done by my dr (they take 6 wks).  I could get it done privately, for around 400, but I hope they won't ask.  They didn't last time.  I just had a scan when I got there, while DH was doing his stuff (!).

With ref to reasons last time failed.  No one knows.  And of course it really is a lottery (as it would be in natural circumstances).  My periods had become irregular so I started hrt, but this meant my periods became very very light and I felt that the lining was never really "fresh" - does that sound silly?  So when Dr Lubov suggested a hysteroscopy to check things I was more than happy - when she did the D&C I was delighted.  My period started today and it's GOOD and heavy, so I feel much more positive about it all. Nb I only know she did the D&C cos I read the protocol she gave me afterward - took a couple of hours translating Ukrainian, but surprisingly most words were in English. 

NBNBNB you MUST learn the cyrillic alphabet before you go - and Ukraine, not Russia. You will be utterly lost otherwise.  It took me a day to get most of it and then practice after that.  It's surprising how quickly you learn.  I find I can almost read everything now (though slowly) and so much of it is in English, you'll be very surprised. They do like you to try to speak the language - although like any country, they can be a bit painful.  I have yet to find a taxi driver who speaks English or even remotely understands you when you say in perfect Ukrainian where you want to go!  Best to hand over a sheet with full address in cyrillic and english, and then flash the exact cash you are prepared to pay - don't let them haggle!

Re the clinic - it really is lovely.  It's very small, but I believe they are moving to larger premises later this year.  You go in through the door and the doorman will ask you to use the blue shoe covers - if he's not there, you must do that anyway).  The reception desk is to your left and if you ask for Dr Lubov or Lycucyna, they will buzz either of them.  They also understand taxi and can get one for you to take you back to town (it's too far to walk).  There's a nice waiting area (take your own books) and a couple of offices downstairs, including the pharmacy.  Upstairs is the small theatre - where I had the hysteroscopy and also the egg transfer.  There is a recovery room with 4 beds (usually filled with Ukrainian girls nattering away - no doubt having just delivered up their eggs) and me.  Husbands can wait downstairs or at the top of the stairs outside the recovery and op theatre.

On a positive note, the weather seems to be improving there - it's been rain for weeks - and I shall be taking my sunhat and painting things (I'm an artist, for my sins).  Any questions, fire away!

penx

Offline Hearty

hey girlies!

Wow Penny, you know your stuff!!!!  I hadn't thought about the language and I should have really, Brussels was a lot easier!  At least I can muddle thru with school level french!  Um, how did you learn the crillic alphabet?  Library?  Net?  Bloody hell, it's sounding a bit complicated!  And eh how do you know how much to pay the taxi guy?!!!!!  Agh, now I'm nervous!  Irish charm only works when you can communicate!!!!

It sounds like it's all systems go for you, fantastic!  Did you have to take many drugs?  I'm assuming because it's more down regulating it shouldn't be like the up stimming for the actual ivf?  'Poor donor's it's not easy, am kinda glad I'm not doing it again!  I will have to take hepron I think but what other drugs did you need?  The last clinic I did a cycle with is going to do all the scans etc for us, so as soon as I get the protocol i'll mail them, they've done it for other people so i'm hoping it'll be ok.  I hate this part actually, have now been to 4 hospitals and of course each one is different!  Anyway, 'shouldn't complain, at least it gives us a really positive chance, without it we wouldn't have that.

Happy Saturday ladies, it's a bank hol weekend here, weather's gorgeous!

love

Hearty  :-*

Offline AustinSuzie

Penny, I want to say THANK YOU for sharing these details on your experience.  I have had great difficulty getting timely answers to my questions from the clinic.  Your post is full of helpful info! 

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    AGH.

Just spent an hour and a half giving you loads of info and somehow deleted the lot!

DH says I should have done it in a text editor

Will have another go in Word.  God I hate computers - doesn't help that I am typing with one hand - will explain in next missive.  For now just wanted to say GGGGRRRRRRRR ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^