* Author Topic: Intersono  (Read 126558 times)

0 Members

Offline Hearty

hi girls

Pen thanks so much, that's just fantastic!  I've contacted the website and no 115 is available they do need the exact date ('makes sense!) so i'm hoping not to have dates changed for e/t!  will also look into the flights on mon (i dont why taking the drugs dont worry me but i freak about booking flights!!!).  How's your hand by the way?  bad cat biting u!

My own clinic here did the protocol for me when i sent them what the ukraine sent, 'have to say they've been fab, have all my scans and bloods booked and they're doing an intralipid infusion before and after (never had those before).  So, i'm trying to be a lot more zen and being positive, 'got into "ivf craziness" immediately but i've told myself not to do that because it's not a nice place to be and it soooo doesn't help!

Suzie and wishful, wow, long flights from the 'States, now i'm not worrying about will the flying really make a difference! (though our clinic said no way will it so long as you fly not exactly at implantation time).  We're gonna go a few days in advance too (no, no, really i AM trying to stop the control freaky ivf nature of mine, 'just want to give us some time for volcanic ash or something stupid!).

Girls, what are our dates like?  I thought I'd start a list because I'm losing track and I think i've already mixed people up (way too much peroxide in this Irish hair!).

Hearty: E/T (donated egg and sperm) 9th Aug,
please add!

love to all

Hearty

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hearty

sorry girls, i've one more question: the protocol shows superfact and later on buserelin spray, what i got from my clinic was the buserelin spray for the whole thing, 'presuming the injections and the spray are similiar?  'Have never had the injections before just the spray so i'm assuming it's ok?  I dont really want to kinda second guess my clinic here in case they get sick of me! 

'Appreciate any comments (and apologies for being so needy :-[ !).

Hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Not sure about buserelin (?) spray.  I've just had suprefact or this time decapeptyl.  As far as I know they are the same thing so it seems odd to have two types?  Maybe contact your clinic.

penx

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hearty - sorry, forgot to add to your list. I put my real name instead of MadM as I sign off with it anyway. :)

Hearty: E/T (donated egg and sperm) 9th Aug
    Penny: E/T (donor egg) 23rd June

Update on my meds/protocol - I'm on the last page, yay!.  ;D Have been getting the occasional and truly terrible headaches. They can be hit with ibuprofen (should be avoided really) and paracetamol,  but the latter on its own barely touches it.  The pain was so bad I couldn't cry and was very close to throwing up.  ^bigbad^ I do get migraines, but this was not the same.  The headache comes on within minutes - very nasty.  It's only started since I've been upping the dose of the divigel sachets to 6 a day.  Fortunately, I've only got 5 more of the decapeptyl injections, which I suspect are ultimately responsible.  Otherwise all is well. 

Forgot to knock the air out of the syringe a few nights ago and DH made me think I was going to die in the night.  Have been more careful since. 

No other symptoms really, looking a bit bloated (face, normally quite gaunt, is looking healthy!)  and did put on a couple of pounds (common side effect) but got rid of those with careful dieting.  I stress the careful because I understand putting the body in "famine" mode is not conducive for pregnancy. :o    Not that I care about weight gain too much. When we get to L'viv I shall be heading straight for the chocolate shop, where I will be drinking cups of pure heavenly melted chocolate. Literally. It's melted chocolate in a coffee cup.  The Russians do these too, but this one is the best I've found. Lvivska Maysternia Shokoladu which is on 3 Serbska Str. their webpage is   http://www.chocolate.lviv.ua/
    You can get chocolate drinks (cups of melted chocolate) in a couple of other places in Lviv too, but try the above first. It's my favourite place.  NB they also do melted white and dark chocolate.  For pure indulgence (and after what we've been through it's entirely necessary) have a plate of their homemade chocolates at the same time.  I think my poor DH was nearly sick watching me eat it all the first time - I had to finish his "drink".  Since then, I go alone  ;D .

NB have found I can't reply to anything here using my ipad ::) - weird - the box comes up ok, but no keyboard on screen! 

Speak soon,
    penx

Offline butterflys

Hi all,

Sorry I havent had a chance to reply until now,

Penny: E/T (donor egg) 23rd June
    Butterflys: E/T (donated egg and sperm) 2th Aug
    Hearty: E/T (donated egg and sperm) 9th Aug

Good luck Penny, not long now! Hearty you're putting me to shame, I've nothing booked yet, scans, accomodation, flights etc - think I'll be up all night!  With regard to the protocol I received it from Lyucyna and set it to link nurse in Irish clinic for "translation", even though it was in english!! I've had 4 protocols in Ireland already (one cancellation just before ET, one hormone trial, and 2 neg cycles) and had lots of medication difficulties to sort out, so I'm sticking to protocol that was fine tuned for me in Ireland previously. I'm on the pill at present and I dont take the nasal spray or injections, I stop the pill on a certain date and then start the meds protocol.

I'm off to book everything, talk soon and good luck!

Butterflys x

Offline Empty2

:o :o :o hi girls, wow haven't you all been busy!!!!!!

Been trying to read all what you are up to and where you are on your cycles etc but way too confused!!!

A few tips - yeh the chocolate is a must Cafe Dukat is the best, full fat milk etc is recomended through your pregnancy anyway ( I had a glass a day even before transfer)!

Scans - I went for private scans in the UK at MUMS (midland ultrasound & medical services) they are based in solihull West Midlands and are cheaper than NHS 0845 230 1032

Travel with embies - After transfer we went on a very bumpy journey back to the apartment, then up 80 steps (yep I counted them) to our apartment and rested all afternoon and evening.  We did our souvernier shopping next day and we then flew back 2 days after transfer with my friend our surrogate both of us with embies onboard.  We both had a small bleed by the time we reached Vienna after a bumpy flight from Lviv in the tiniest of planes.  We rested at Vienna for a few hours till our flight and then flew to Heathrow where we stayed for the evening.  I thought it could not of possibly worked afterall I had virtually lay with my feet out the windows from the UK clinics willing them to stick!!!!!  I was shocked to find it had worked for both of us, so I really don't think their is anything physical you can do to blame yourself if it doesnt work, I have had years of what ifs.

One thing I will recomend have your insurance to hand at the airport because they will try and get you to buy it there.  There are loads of taxis outside the airport, print off an A4 sheet with your addresses for your accomodation and the clinic and prices then waft it in their direction.  Try to learn a few basics with the language  but we found everyone was so friendly they were as keen to practice their English!

Enjoy yourselves out there too and good luck  ^fairydust^

emps
    x

Offline kitty9000

Hello ladies,

Good luck with your forthcoming treatment.

I have looked at the Intersona website but I can't seem to find anything on success rates.  Please can you share them with me.

Thanks
    Kxx

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi Emps - how are you and your wonderful massive family?  All this must seem like years ago.  ::) How are you coping with 4 babies or are they toddling now? :o   Travelling in the car must be a bit tricky for the whole family and how do you do the baby buggy thing? 

DH has regular work in L'viv now, so we are getting much of our travelling expenses and all our accommodation paid by his company (still can't believe our luck ;D ).  It means we can have 3 or 4 more goes, rather than just the one.  We're both getting to know L'viv and the people really well.

Interesting about your bleeds on the flight - did you not think they might be implantation bleeds  ??? - would be about the right time?  And yes, sometimes the little airbus Vienna/Austria flights are NIGHTMARES  ^eyes^ - I actually screamed the time before last when it hit turbulence, not to mention the last flight landed so abruptly all our foot luggage shot to the end of the plane and we hit the seats in front. Also had to laugh at your "bumpy ride"  back to town centre - that was the only thing that worried me - those rickety old taxis, held together with string, doing that last mile on those ruddy cobblestones. I thought my fillings were going to fall out!

Also, you mention insurance and I always do have it to hand.  But in all the 7 times DH has been and me (3 times) we've never been asked for it or had anyone try to sell it to us.  Maybe it's something the airport has stopped? That reminds me, girls, don't forget to hold on to your immigration papers (you get them to fill in on the last plane and hand them to passport control), you'll need the departure ones to get out of the country!   

Kitty - sorry,  can't help on success rates.  Emps is a great ambassador for the place tho - a wonderful success story.

Butterflies - good luck with all your organising - do try InL'viv for accommodation - Maryana is lovely and it's very easy to do it over Skype if you have it.

penxx

Offline Hearty

hey girls!

how's everyone?  As ever, thank you for all the news that's great!

O God I remember the headaches, the buserelin is the same as superfact (i was having a meltdown which i've now stopped, talked to myself sternly and am now way calmer!).  But the headaches are terrible!  Water really helped but once one comes on, no amount of water's gonna help!

I'm having tremendous fun trying to book flights, girls, are they usually fairly bang on with their dates because it'd be awful to have to change everything.  I'm thinking dublin to vienna, vienna to lviv, that way 'can avoid a 3rd flight ie from dublin to heathrow but i'll check out prices.

love to all,

Hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi Hearty - your flight plan is sensible - how long are you in Vienna for?  We've opted for the 30 minute connection (yikes) but it's usually ok.  Makes the whole trip very quick- altho you gain an hour in Vienna and then another in Lviv!  Coming back is really weird, you are almost  home before you left!

Yes, they were bang on with dates last time.  Our ivf in Russia was all over the place, but in L'viv it seems fine.

One thought.  If you are travelling with syringes etc you should notify your flight authorities, or at the very least have a letter from your doctor to say you are carrying these for medical purposes.  Although last time I went I forgot the letter, but no one noticed the 20 hyperdermics & vial of suprefact in my hand luggage - just the bottle of water!!!!!!  This time I finish the injections before I go, thank goodness, so don't need to worry.  Nb I came back a few weeks ago with 2 boxes of syringes filled with decapeptyl in my main suitcase (not hand luggage) - and multiple ice packs - again, this went unnoticed.

penx