* Author Topic: Why you have to be careful in what you say!  (Read 12881 times)

0 Members

Offline Anthony Reid

• Volunteer
Why you have to be careful in what you say!

Unfortunately, and I'm saddened to say.... "Free Speech" does not exist online - no matter what people say.

"permissible to express" underlines 'Free Speech' and it is a logic that defines if something is ethical/moral or legal.

Should a member post(or create) a message with potentially illegal(libellous) content about a clinic , person or race in public(ie on this website), then Fertility Friends has a legal obligation to either remove the posting, or move it to a restricted area whilst the issue is being resolved.

If we do not do this, then it opens up a potential nightmare for both Fertility Friends and the member concerned.

As an example - Should the clinic discover that a member has talked about them in public then, if they want to, they can prosecute the member for any liable comments said against them. Obviously this can also cause serious issues for Fertility Friends for allowing the member to continue in public view.

A couple of people in the past have contacted me and suggested that I stop moving any discussions against clinics as I am blocking free speech and it should be openly discussed in public view. This is not viable.

I AM DOING IT TO PROTECT BOTH THE MEMBER AND FERTILITY FRIENDS FROM ANY LEGAL ACTION THAT THE CLINIC MAY TAKE AGAINST THEM/US.

If anyone wishes to discuss this with me or an admin then please feel free to contact us.

Tony

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement