* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47572 times)

0 Members

Offline javlin

Have just returned from Norway with our prescription.  Now having problems trying to get drugs.  Need to have it re-written by a registered UK GP.  Mine is reluctant to do this.  Does anyone know where we can purchase drugs with a foreign private prescription or is there another way around this??

Javlin

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription
    « Reply #1 on: 8/05/07, 14:58 »
    This is a frequent problem with and for abroadies as it is not permitted in the UK to allow overseas prescriptions. In a way this is good practice however not if it means people resort to other means which may put them at risk.  I have never been entirely sure whether this is a safety thing or due to revenue.

One way is to see if a private UK consultant can work in partnership with your overseas clinic and prescribe your meds here.   I did find this hard to arrange however due to liability issues.

There is a pharmacy in Italy- Farmacia Cerati - which I have used extensively which works closely with a lot of European fertility clinics and can send meds by post if they have  a proper prescription by that clinic.  They provide a very good service, and safe as everything has to properly prescribed and verified by a Dr - they seem to know who is who in which clinic- so its not the same as buying meds just off the internet which I think is foolish as you just have no control over the quality. This way everything is done to EU standards.  www.farmacia.cerati.it.   ( I think this is right- if not just Google it).

It may be possible for your Norway clinic to send them by post? Otherwise it may need a return trip to get them there.  It may also be possible to get the meds in another European country, ie France, which may be easier to get to  but I could be wrong.

When being treated in Kiev I bought all my meds there and then.

best of luck,

roze xxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline javlin

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/05/07, 16:20 »
    Thanks for your reply Roze.

I think this is turning into a nightmare and we havent even got to the starting treatment stage. We need the drugs by next Tuesday and there's no way we can go to Norway by then to collect (or France). I can't believe no one told us about this earlier, especially the doctor in Norway who gave us the prescription - surely he would have come across this before.

Javlin

Offline brownowl23

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/05/07, 16:24 »
    JAvlin

Try this place

International
    Pharmacy
    Organisation
    85 Station Road, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7JH, UK
    Tel : +44 208 381 1911
    Fax : +44 208 952 2063 
    E-mail: [email protected]   

Chris

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline javlin

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/05/07, 16:55 »
    Thanks Brownlow - will try them.

Javlin

Offline tattyt™

• Gold Member
    • Born @ 37wks 3 days
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 8/05/07, 16:59 »
    Hi Javlin,

The contact details for the Italian Pharmacy are:

Monica Manzone
    PR Manager Farmacia Cerati
    tel ++39 0141 982653
    fax ++39 0141 982653
    [email protected]
    www.farmaciacerati.it

They are very quick to respond and may be able to arrange a quick courier service.

Tattyt

Offline javlin

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 9/05/07, 12:05 »
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm looking into them. This sure is a learning process!!!

javlin

Offline orla w

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 17/05/07, 15:04 »
    Did you have  any joy getting your prescription filled?  Hope so

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 21/05/07, 15:11 »
    A pharmacy I called said that they would not post the drugs because they should be kept at the right temperature. Is it really an issue?

Offline tattyt™

• Gold Member
    • Born @ 37wks 3 days
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 21/05/07, 15:57 »
    Depends which drugs, Pregnyl definitely needs to be kept at the right temp.