* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47578 times)

0 Members

Offline elisahack

modify
Re: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription
« Reply #10 on: 24/05/07, 18:42 »
Hi Javlin

Have you had any success in obtaining the relevant fertility drugs with the prescription  :-\, I too am experiencing the same problem, totally deflated by it, local GP could not help, red tape and all that?

Regards Elisa

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 25/05/07, 13:50 »
    I still think you should have a chat with Farmacia Cerati to discuss the practicalities and heat sensitivities of meds.  If you can arrange next day courier delivery then the risks of problems re temperature are reduced, also bearing in mind that most packages will be travelling in the hold of the plane which will be cold.  There may be provision for storage at the correct temperature.

best of luck, this is not an easy one,

roze  xxx

Offline cb64

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 25/05/07, 13:52 »
    Hi Roze

What about seeing a private GP in your area?

best wishes
    cb64

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 29/05/07, 23:32 »
    Sorry, a silly question again. Do pharmacies send you syringes etc when you buy the drugs? And if not where do I get them from?

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 30/05/07, 11:03 »
    We had to buy the syringes and needles from ISIDA but even then I came home with the wrong ones for progesterone in oil injections ( needles too short and narrow) so I bought some from my local pharmacy. 

Not every pharmacy will do this however but you can also buy them from medical supply companies on line. Best to find out exactly what you need for each type of medication. PIO needs a thicker needle as it is an oily substance, for instance.

best of luck

roze

Offline brownowl23

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 30/05/07, 11:29 »
    Langue

There is a pharmacy called John BEll and Cryden in Wigmore Street, London (just behind jon Lewis's. They sell all syringes and needles and thats where I got mine from. They are quite cheap, compared to my clinic in South africa.

Chris

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 30/05/07, 19:04 »
    Oh, great. Thanks for the suggestions, roze & brownow123.

Offline javlin

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 31/05/07, 09:07 »
    Hi Elishahack and everyone who responded to my SOS,

Sorry I haven't been online for a while but I just wanted to let everyone know that I got the prescription filled by the company recommended by Brownow123 at the top of this thread. They were very friendly, prompt and efficient and I would thoroughly recommend them to everyone.  So Elishahack - don't panic, I know its a rotten situation to be in, but this company can have you sorted within a day.

We got our needles etc from our clinic in Norway, but if you don't have them, this company can put you in touch with another company who can supply them also. 

Thanks once more to everyone who responded to my SOS (especially Brownow)- we were starting to panic. I still can't believe that these foreign clinics will send you home with a prescription which you can't use at home without telling you!

Regards
    Javlin

Offline elisahack

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 31/05/07, 19:07 »
    Hi Javlin  :)

So glad you got sorted  :), it just feels like another hurdle at the time does'nt it, I had visions of having to travel back to Norway, which I just could not have done.  The same happened to me like I said, came home from Norway with the prescription, I was assured there would not be a problem but I was a little unsure at the time, knowing what its like in England.  Where is this Brownow, and will they transfer your Foreign prescription into a English one, and how much are you looking at, and where did you end up ordering your medication from.  Thanks for your reply Javlin, much appreciated, I like yourself was really disheartened at the time, and felt this was yet another mountain  :-[.

All the best Elisa x

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 31/05/07, 23:18 »
    At the moment I am trying to figure out which dosage to buy. I will need Puregon for this cycle in 150 IU. Well, the pharmacy does not have half doses so does it mean I will have to draw  ^idiot^ a half from another ampule? Or there is an option of a pen but in much bigger dosage (600, 900). It presumably means I can choose how much to inject? The pharmacy hasn't sent a quote yet for Decapeptyl. Should I go for a pen or a smaller dosage?