* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47581 times)

0 Members

Offline javlin

modify
Re: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription
« Reply #20 on: 1/06/07, 09:01 »
Hi Elishahack

Brownow123 is a user on here. I used the pharmacy he/she suggested in the fourth post on this thread.

Regards
Javlin

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline brownowl23

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 1/06/07, 09:06 »
    Javlin - No problems we are al here to help each toher out with our problems

Elishahack - if you have any questions regarding Ali's chemist in Shadwell. JUst IM me and i'll answer them. The international Pharmacy are very good and will get stuff to you in a hurry if required.

Chris

Offline elisahack

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 1/06/07, 17:39 »
    Many many thanks Javlin and Brownow123 so thankful to you both what a help you have been, lovely to know there is that support network there.  :)

Rang the International company who said it was not a problem, they would accept the prescription, found them very helpful, thanks Guys, I feel so much better now  ^afro^.

All the very very best to us all, Bless you

Elisahack x

Offline kitykat

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 2/06/07, 11:34 »
    Can I ask something too. I know I can put all my drugs and stuff in the checked in baggage, but will I need a doctors letter to say why I am travelling with needles, sharp box syringes etc?

Katherine

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 2/06/07, 11:49 »
    Can I ask something too. I know I can put all my drugs and stuff in the checked in baggage, but will I need a doctors letter to say why I am travelling with needles, sharp box syringes etc?

Katherine

I haven't had a chance to check it myself but one of the abroadies travelling from Kiev had a letter from her doctor. I think the main purpose of it would be to explain that you are not importing drugs to sell but for personal use. They haven't asked her for it though.  If I will have to do it I will also take a copy of the original prescription.

Good luck,
    langue

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 2/06/07, 16:18 »
    I asked for the letter just in case I was stopped and baggage searched at either Kiev or Gatwick, particularly Kiev when I could not speak the language.  Just me being cautious especially as I was travelling back on my own and did not want any hassle following the ET.!

roze   xx

Offline keeks

modify
    Anyone know where I can get a U.K. prescription?
    « Reply #26 on: 22/08/07, 16:17 »
    Hi all, ;D

Am having IVIG in Barbados in Sept.  My nurse has just e-mailed and asked me to bring my 1st dose with me as they can't get any on the island til Oct. :(

This should be fine as I usually get my drugs from Howard at the international pharmacy but he has told me he can get it but only for over 1000 a shot which is really expensive.

He advised me to shop around, which I have and I can get it cheaper but not without a U.K. script. :-\

Do any of you know GP's who are sympathetic to Fertility issues as mine refuses point blank to write a prescription for me. ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Keeks xxx

Offline crusoe

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Anyone know where I can get a U.K. prescription?
    « Reply #27 on: 22/08/07, 16:24 »
    Keeks

I see that you have had treatment in the past at Bourn Hall. Have you tried them for your prescription? I have also had treatment with them in the past and they have since helped me out with scans, blood tests and I think once with a prescription while I have been having treatment in Spain.

Just a thought

Good luck
    Crusoe

x

Offline keeks

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 22/08/07, 16:29 »
    Crusoe,

Thanks for that. ;D  I didn't even know that that would be an option.

Will give them a call immediately and let you know. ;)

Keeks xxx

Offline keeks

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 22/08/07, 18:42 »

Hi,

What a shame.   :'(

I spoke to Bourn Hall and they said they are only licensed to write scripts out for patients they are currently treating.

When I told them it was for IVIG they said I wouldn't get that in the UK anyway.  Luckily I know I can so back to the drawing board.

Thanks anyway Crusoe - it was worth a try. ::)

My nurse is on the case in Barbados so maybe she can turn something up.

Keeks xxx