* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47580 times)

0 Members

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
Hi Frazzle

Your options are to go via italian pharmacy, or of course see if your gp will write you a prescription so that you can buy the drugs in the Uk, they might do this if you show them your spanish prescription  (some will do this, some wont) 
Or another idea - could you not ask your clinic to send you the drugs via courier?
I'm not sure when you need the drugs but you could also ask if an abroadie is going over to spain, your clinic and picks up the drugs for you (I have done this for an abroadie in conjunction with the clinic who filled out their prescription for them, and i brought it back)
There is a very good thread on the general ivf thread that looks at ways of buying drugs and you might get some ideas from there.
I think some of the clinics in london that deal with ivf patients might do this for you, but it will be a bit of phoning and finding out.  (although you might find them quite pricey)
Sorry i cant be of more help, but wishing you lots of luck with your upcoming cycle.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dita

• Gold Member
    modify
    Where to fill foreign (from Norway) prescription
    « Reply #41 on: 12/12/07, 18:46 »
    girls, does anyone out there know where I can use my prescription? Its a forgeign one, was sent to me in the post from Norway

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Re: Where to fill foreign (from Norway) prescription
    « Reply #42 on: 13/12/07, 13:51 »
    Dita - you will need to get your gp to fill it out for you locally - they wont except a foreign prescription in the uk

you other alternatives are to order the drugs from the italian pharmacy (do a search and the details will come up)

or ask your clinic to send you the drugs ...

Hope this helps

Offline freckles2

modify
    Re: Where to fill foreign (from Norway) prescription
    « Reply #43 on: 14/12/07, 18:06 »
    Dita
    I used the italian pharmacy www.farmaciacerati.it  The lady was very helpful and I received quick replies to all my queries! The cost was also the cheapest I found. They accept foreign prescriptions, they need the original eventually but are happy to do the order from a scanned/faxed copy.
    Hope this helps
    frang

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline babycat

modify
    PRESCRIPTION HELP
    « Reply #44 on: 21/07/08, 14:02 »
    Hi

I only have 1 day left of my prognova and I have been emailed a prescription.

Does anyone know if a normal boots chemist will do this for me or do I have to contact someone else?

Many thanks for your help

xxxxxx :)

Offline radnorgirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: PRESCRIPTION HELP
    « Reply #45 on: 21/07/08, 14:14 »
    The only way I know of getting your prescription if you have been treated abroad is through the Italian pharmacy unless your gp will prescribe them for you

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=130431.0

Helen
    x

Offline mini-me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 21/07/08, 14:27 »
    I agree with Helen, use the Italian pharmacy.  I have just received a package from them today.  You can get next day delivery or 4 days delivery at a lesser charge.  If you do use them, please note Monica is on holiday at the moment and although I could email them, when they tried to email me back with the confirmation details it kept being returned to them.  I received emails from other people, so maybe it's a problem their end.  They did contact me by phone.  I have used them several times and service has always been good.

I have heard, but don't know for sure, that foreign prescriptions aren't easily accepted here - I could be wrong though.

mini-me
    xxx

Offline Izzy x

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 21/07/08, 19:09 »
    My GP prescribes them. This is probably because it is HRT which is what i would be on anyway due to the prem meno.

Once i have the prescription, i can collect them from boots or any other chemist.

If you need some really quickly, could you go and ask your GP and explain the situation?

Izzy x

Offline babycat

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 21/07/08, 20:54 »
    Hi Izzy, Mini me and Helen

Thank you so much for your help.  I am going to go to the doctors tomorrow and explain the situation.  I have enough tablets to last until Wednesday lunch which gives me time to organise a deliver. 

As I am on 9 a day they just seemed to disappear overnight!

Offline babycat

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 22/07/08, 18:39 »
    Just to let you know that my doctor was really happy to prescribe the prognyova.

xxxxx