* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47576 times)

0 Members

Offline Izzy x

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: PRESCRIPTION HELP
« Reply #50 on: 22/07/08, 21:07 »
Thats really good news. Should save you quite a bit of money and effort, especially considering your dose!

Izzy x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline babycat

modify
    Re: PRESCRIPTION HELP
    « Reply #51 on: 22/07/08, 22:08 »
    Yes, he wasnt happy with the dose and warned me it was a lot and also said there was a risk of breast cancer.  I dont think the risk is huge when using the drugs for a month or so but he also mentioned that blood clots were a risk too.  Hope the baby aspirin stops that happening!

What a polava...Hope you are feeling well and happy with your journey!!!!   :) :) :)

Offline Nics01

modify
    Prescription charges for private ivf drugs.
    « Reply #52 on: 27/09/08, 12:38 »
    Hi There

I am hopefully going to start my first private ICSI cycles in Barbados in Jan/Feb.  Could anybody give me a rough idea how much the prescription charges cost in the uk.  I'll be on 7 amps Menopur a day this time (yikes).  Thanks a lot

Nic xx

Offline ophelia

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Prescription charges for private ivf drugs.
    « Reply #53 on: 22/10/08, 22:28 »
    Hi there,

Are you paying for the drugs yourself? I'm about to have TX abroad soon too and I'm paying for the drugs myself so and I had the Swedish clinic to fax me the prescriptions needed. Then I took them to my GP who wrote them out in an English prescription which didn't cost me anything. I then sent them to the pharmacy (fazeley's) today and they are sending them to me on Monday next week.

I found Fazeley's to be the cheapest for my drugs. They are 12.20 pounds per 75iu Menopur.

Good luck!!
    Love/Ophelia

Offline Nics01

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 4/11/08, 21:57 »
    Thanks ophelia that is a help, is 75iu a box of 5?  I cant remember the strength of Menopur.  xxx  Where are you up to in your Tx at the mo? xx

Offline ophelia

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 4/11/08, 23:01 »
    Hi there,

Each vial of Menopur is 75iu so in a box of 5 youll have to times it by 12.20 x 5. I found Fazeleys the cheapest for Menopur. Im on 150iu Menopur a day which is 2 vials and also on 300iu Puregon.

Do you know what drugs and protocol you will be on?

Im in Sweden just now having my TX and Im on day 3 of stimms. First scan is on Friday.
    What about you, when are you starting?

Offline Nics01

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 5/11/08, 00:12 »
    OMG Ophelia are you serious I'll be on about 7-8 amps a day as I'm a poor responder. I'm usually on the long protocol so I'll be on burseralin as well ^scared^  My god thats going to be well over 1000 for drugs alone I had no idea.  I've also got to go on the pill for a month before hand.  How can anybody justify charging 12.5 for a bloody vial of powder??????

I've sent all my notes but I've not had my first phone consultation yet, its in about two weeks and hopefully I'll be going for tx in Jan.  Hope your doing okay in Sweden have you been there before?  What made you choose that clinic?  There are so many abroad i had no Idea where to start.

Nics xx

Offline Hollybags

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 5/11/08, 00:32 »
    The price of branded drugs varies massively dependending on the country you're in (market forces, etc etc) so it'd be worth contacting a local pharmacy in Barbados and getting them to quote you too. Some things are much cheaper there, especially if they're maufactured in the US.

Hope that helps.

Offline ophelia

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 5/11/08, 10:04 »
    Hi there,

As Hollybags says, youd be wise to shop around and check the prices over in Barbados. The drugs are so blooming expensive so anything youll manage to save will be a bonus. :)

Ive bought drugs for 10 days worth of stimms (Im on the short protocol) and at 300iu Puregon plus 150iu Menopur a day, 7 Cetrotide injections and 1 Ovitrelle trigger shot I ended up paying almost 1500 pounds and than need to add my progesterone support (crinone gel) on top of that. If I do end up stimming for longer than 10 days I will have to get more drugs.

Im originally from Sweden and after having had 4 TX in Aberdeen and 4 TX at Jinemed in Turkey I decided to try Sweden as have heard lots of good stuff about the clinics over there. They have really high success rates, even though they mainly put back the 1 embie. Ive been told I can have 2 put back and 2 of my Swedish friends had 2 each put back and both now have twins.

I bought my drugs in the UK and the clinic in Sweden charges 29000 Swedish crowns for the IVF/ICSI and 600 crowns for the phone consultation. The crown is about 12 crowns to the pound at the moment so itll work out at roughly, just under, 2500 pounds for the TX and consultation.

Im a poor responder as well and the good thing about the clinic over here is that if youre unlucky and have to cancel before EC you only pay 250 pounds for the TX. If you have EC but fail to get any embies put back you only pay 500 pounds. So at least you dont have to pay a fortune if things go pearshaped.

You can also store any frozen embies there for free for 5 years and a FET would set you back about 800 pounds.
    Im staying with my brother here in Gothenburg so are saving on hotel costs.

What made you decide on Barbados? Good luck in finding some cheap drugs.
    Love/Ophelia

Offline shellspain

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 5/11/08, 15:11 »
    Nics01,
    I hope you find a cheaper solution for your meds. I live in Spain and had to pay private for my meds for my IVF cycle and they came to 2,600 euros in total so you have my complete sympathy.

Didnt help when I needed a day or so extra stimming and didnt have enough Orgalutran and had to buy a whole box for 1 days worth....almost 200 euros...I was so panicking cos i just didnt have the extra money but my loca pharmacist is a star and told me to take them and pay him the following week. Cant imagine my chemist in the UK offering the same service!

wish you lots of luck

x