* Author Topic: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription  (Read 47573 times)

0 Members

Offline Hollybags

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Prescription charges for private ivf drugs.
« Reply #60 on: 5/11/08, 23:16 »
Nics01,
I hope you find a cheaper solution for your meds. I live in Spain and had to pay private for my meds for my IVF cycle and they came to 2,600 euros in total so you have my complete sympathy.

Didnt help when I needed a day or so extra stimming and didnt have enough Orgalutran and had to buy a whole box for 1 days worth....almost 200 euros...I was so panicking cos i just didnt have the extra money but my loca pharmacist is a star and told me to take them and pay him the following week. Cant imagine my chemist in the UK offering the same service!

wish you lots of luck

x
In the UK, the pharmacist can dispense exactly what's on the prescription, and therefore exactly what you need, even if it's one tablet and it'd all be covered by the prescription charge! Having to buy a whole Original Pack is a real downside to Spanish dispensing.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Nics01

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 6/11/08, 23:38 »
    Hi Girls

Thanks for your help, I've e-mailed the clinic to see if would be cheaper getting the drugs there so just awaiting reply, i've also asked what their cancelled treatment refund/charges are, so great tip Ophelia.

We sort of stumbled across the Barbados Cinic at a fertility conference and it just seemed right, we're making a holiday out of as well as we haven't had a decent one for a few years. We're really looking forward to it.

My goodness Sweden sounds fantastic and great prices. It must be nice staying with your Brother hope he's looking after you  ;D

This is our first self funded cycle so all the extra charges are a bit of a shock, I've still got to find somewhere to do a reasonably priced base line scan Doh!   We haven't booked our flights or accomodation yet so god help us ha ha!!!  I'm sure i've read that Tesco's on-line pharmacy was also quite cheap?   Good luck everyone

Nics xx

Offline shellspain

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 7/11/08, 08:45 »
    Never realised they did that in the UK! If i need to buy anymore I think ill look at other ways of buying the meds (maybe the italian pharmacy or get them from the UK to start). I only had about 3 weeks notice before I started that cycle so didnt have time to get my head round the best way to buy the meds!

thanks hollybags!

x

Offline vivienss

Has anyone every used Fertility2u website to get your IVF drugs. I'm having trouble getting a spanish prescription in the UK they seems willing to supply to drugs I need on the prescription I have but don't know how reputle they are.

Offline jo1

• Un-Ranked
    Yes I have always found them really helpful and reliable.

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    Absolutely fine to use, have used them lots of times.

Ruth

Offline DreamTeam

• Gold Member
    • Lets do this!
    modify
    Drugs! Spain
    « Reply #66 on: 5/07/11, 11:17 »
    Hi
    We are finally getting closer to making decisions about where we would like to have treatment, but what is not clear is where to get the drugs from. We spoke to a clinic in spain who said they would provide a spanish prescription which would work in any pharmacy in spain (obviously) but can give no idea of costs. Do the costs vary a lot in spain is it worth shopping around there?

She also said we could take our prescription to our UK GP who would then convert it for us, but as we still haven't had our nhs go we would like to have this option open to us rather than losing our out on that too. So is there a way (private pharmacies??) using a spanish prescription to buy the drugs in the UK?

Many thanks for your help

Snowbelle

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    modify
    Re: Drugs! Spain
    « Reply #67 on: 10/07/11, 09:26 »
    Sorry I have only just seen this but there are certain pharmacies in the UK that will accept foreign prescriptions so no need to go through your GP. I know that ladies who have treatment through me I automatically get meds sorted for them in UK and prices are about the same as abroad.

Ruth

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Getting Drugs with a foreign Prescription
    « Reply #68 on: 28/12/11, 15:05 »
    Hi,

I had a prescription from cyprus and my gp wouldn't help so try these guys.

http://www.fertility2u.com/

you should be able to get your fertility clinic to fax over the prescription and then you pay 25 for the resident dr at the pharmacy to rewrite it.

They can also send it out using special packaging that will keep it at the right temp.

if you search there will be threads on here that give the other uk pharmacies that can help, but you will end up paying to get the dr over here to rewtite it.

Hope this helps.

Laura

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites