* Author Topic: Maca (Lepidium meyenii)  (Read 36856 times)

0 Members

Offline whigers

modify
Maca for men
« Reply #70 on: 27/10/11, 12:51 »
Hello,

We are going to embark on ISCI no 2 in January. 

My DH is taking the Wellman Conception tablets (in fact he has been taking them since well before the first failed attempt at ICSI) and he has just bought Maca as its supposed to help with male infertility.

There does seem to be a small bit of Maca in the Wellman Conception (250) I think, so is it ok to take the Maca along side them?

Does anyone else know of stories relaing to Maca?

Thanks

Whigers

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline marie57

modify
    Maca vs DHEA?
    « Reply #71 on: 30/10/11, 22:55 »
    Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on which is the best product to take? Im 39 and FSH is creeping up with amh going down :( ,also seem to be suffering menapausal type symptoms hot flushes etc which I heard Maca is good for.Is there anyone out there taking maca at the moment?

Offline Mrs Billy

modify
    Re: Maca vs DHEA?
    « Reply #72 on: 31/10/11, 22:44 »
    Hi :) I don't know the answer but I'm hoping someone can say either way, I'm in the same boat with a low AMH & FSH creeping up, so just wanted to say Hi & that I can totally sympathise with you x

Offline marie57

modify
    Re: Maca vs DHEA?
    « Reply #73 on: 1/11/11, 14:40 »
    Mrs Billy hi and thanks for replying.
    See you are starting IVF this month best of luck hun.Ive just ordered some maca its expensive though mind you so is everything connected to fertility isnt it? I read on here a while ago about a lady taking it with a low amh and got pregnant naturally with twins!Gives hope to us all,let me no how your tx goes ^pray^

Offline missy12

• Gold Member
    modify
    Maca (Lepidium meyenii)
    « Reply #74 on: 14/10/14, 06:59 »
    A really old thread but been reading up on maca n Wks wondering whether to buy any? Anybody used it? X

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    Maca (Lepidium meyenii)
    « Reply #75 on: 14/10/14, 09:21 »
    I use maca. So does my DH. I like taking it, I have felt stronger. I think it helps with my thyroid issue. First month I took it I got very sore breasts at ovulation. They still get a little sore but I continue taking it regardless. We've been taking it since end of May - No BFP, however, my thyroid was out-of-whack for at least half that period (TSH reading too high). I make sure I don't take it every day (apparently it loses it's benefits if you use it daily). I skip a day or 2 a week.

I bought rainforest capsules and take 2 a day in the morning - they make me too lively to take at night.

Next week we have our first appt with ARCG so we'll find out whether hubby's sperm has been impacted.

I have heard many other people getting a BFP by using maca, so it is worth a try for a few months.

Good luck to you,

xx

Offline missy12

• Gold Member
    modify
    Maca (Lepidium meyenii)
    « Reply #76 on: 14/10/14, 12:56 »
    Think will give it a go let me know how U get on at ur app wud b interesting to know x