Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter turned 1 on the 3rd May and I would like to know if she still has to have formula milk or can she now  have cows milk.  If so, how much should she have?  At the moment she has cut back to 4oz in the morning plus milk in cereal and 5oz before bed.  She does like her milk so I wouldn't want to cut it out altogether.

Another thing I wanted to ask is that Leyla seems to be obsessed with food and eating.  She has always had a good appetite but its got to the point that I have to hide my food if I have a snack - if she sees me moving my mouth she tries to prise it open with her finger to see whats in it ;D If she sees the fruit basket I have to cover it up, if she hears the rustling of packets she thinks its food for her and cries because she wants to eat something - she never stops wanting food.  Even after a good meal she still isn't happy and I have to distract her to make her forget food.
She goes to nursery some days and from what I see on the report sheet she doesn't eat as much as she does at home but they tell me she is quite happy  ( if thats true) Could this behaviour be just with me then?

Claudia

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya Claudia

Leyla can have cows milk (full fat) from 12 mths of age. She will need approx 350ml milk.

Re her response around food- perfectly normal hun ..she is being curious and wants to make sure that she isnt missing out on anything  :)

Also, she may be trying to catch up with her food esp if she isnt eating as much at nursery.

Jxxx

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
So are you saying I dont have to give her formula anymore?  350mls - thats more than she has now.  She's on about 250ml at the moment as the HV said to cut out afternoon drink.  She wont have any probs drinking it though.

Hmm not sure if her food obsession is normal - she has now started pretending she is eating  -  she puts her fingers in a toy plastic box and pulls out imaginary food and pops it in her mouth!

Claudia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts