Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My daughter is going to be 1 next week. She had a development check last week ( she had one at 8 months and was about 2months behind) and we were told she is going to be revered to hospital as she is not yet crawling or bum shuffling, as she is now 4 months behind. she also does not drink anything apart from fomila, we have tried everything. The health visitor was also conserened with the amount of sleeping she does, she sleeps 12 hours at night then another 5 hour during the day, also she looks so pale with dark shadows under her eyes. I was telling a mum this at baby group and she said that she thinks it maybe leukemia,( I know she works in a hospital, I think she is a nurse) I am worrying myself sick. How many hour should my baby be sleeping? surly she is just slow for her age and this will sort its self out, mentally she is on track.
please can you give me some help
Mariann

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Mariann ^hugme^
I am sorry I cant help hun, I just couldnt read and run, what has your health visitor advised ? Have you spoke to your GP ? has anyone done/suggested a blood test on your daughter  ???

To be honest I would speak/listen to these people and not worry about what this lady has said, she could be a domestic ( no offence) in the hospital!
Children do develop at different rates and some children dont walk till they are toddlers keep this in mind hun. ^Cuddle^
~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Mariann,

Firstly want to send you some big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and say it is only natural to worry about your little one.

It sounds as though all the right things are being done in regards to your daughters development and she will be seen by a consultant up at the hospital in regrds to this. As dizzi has said all children are different and develop at different rates and begin to walk, talk etc at different times throughout their lives.

I think the lady who you met at baby group may need to keep her thoughts to her self (as dizzi said she could be anyone) and has no right to make assumptions about your daughters state of health.

Personally i would recommend you take your little one to see your gp and discuss your concerns as soon as possible as you will end up making yourself poorly too.

Remember your hv and gp are there to help and do not hesitate to contact them.

If you need any more support please let us know and keep us up to date on your little one and you ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Luv V xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts