Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

I am feeling very down at the moment, as went for my 5th Egg collection today, and was initially excited that I had 10 eggs retrieved.  The once I arrived home this afternoon, the clinic called to say that only 4 were mature.

We are supposed to be doing CGH Array testing on them, but I am wondering if it is worth it now. I am also very worried about whether the 4 will fertilise. We have had 100% fertilisation on 2 occasions, but only 50% on one of them.

Anybody have any advice or success with only 4 mature eggs?

Thanks
Andrea xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Andrea

Hun please try and stay positive, I had only 4 eggs on my first cycle of ICSI and got 3 embies and I got a BFP albeit I then had an early miscarriage I did get as far as seeing the positive pee stick.

Just remember you only need one embie to make a baby hun.  ^Cuddle^

Axxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but when I looked into CGH they said they liked 8 embryos to do it on, I would never produce that many, as Amanda says it only takes one wishing you luck for ET.
immature eggs are so diappointing I had an EC and all were immature
L x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

They dont have a minimum at Care for CGH.  I had it last time on 5.
You dont know how many you are going to get, and decide whether you are doing it prior to the treatment starting.
Were you told you couldnt do it?

Thanks Amanda - 4 is my lucky number, so lets hope that they have all fertilised overnight.

I agree re the immature eggs - they just get your hopes up to knock you right down!  Little beggars!!!!!
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts