Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have heard that I should be looking out for 10 movements a day which I think I am getting but does it matter if they are all at a certain time and then you don't get anymore or do they need to be spread over the day??

Thanks

Vickey

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
i think they say from when you get up till around 6..............but remember bubs has sleep times now, your prob be aware of awake times.

hope your ok hunnie.
xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I was told not to focus too much on the number of movements, more the pattern as bubs tended to have a 'routine'. If you are concerned that have an ice cold drink then sit and relax as that usually kicks the baby into action!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hi Vickey,
I asked my doc about this at my last appointment and she said that counting a specific number of movements in a specific amount of time does nothing but send parents-to-be and doctors crazy! 
She assured me that so long as I'm feeling movements everyday and they don't seem to suddenly diminish or anything that things are generally a-okay.  I've just been making a mental note of Bubs's general activity patterns and keeping a vague track of it from day to day.
Trip x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Vickey,

I got the same advice as Trip. As long as you're feeling the baby move regularly- and by regularly I mean a few times per day- all is fine. Counting can be confusing & anxiety-inducing! I think you'll know if there's any difference in the pattern, and that's all you should be looking for, from what I understand...

Hope this helps
C.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i also thought it was 10 movements a day - then read that it should be 10 movements within about half an hour - up to a max of 2 hours.

that does seem like a lot since they're not *always* moving!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi again,

Today I saw the midwife at the hospital (for another reason) & she said that the 10 movements thing can be any time during the day. So she said- 10 movements at any time from 9 am to 9 pm, as long they're separate ones (not continuous movements that are really to be counted as 1 movement).

To be honest, there is different advice about this issue according to who you ask. So- my GP said 'just make sure the baby's moving regularly'. But the midwife today confirmed the 10 movements thing. The main thing, according to my own common sense (!) is that the baby moves regularly. As long as that's happening- and I've noticed my baby does have a kind of pattern- then it's ok.

Hope this helps.
C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.