Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Really need some tips, I'm sure others have probably posted about this previously but there's so much to search through so have started a new topic!

My DS has never been a great sleep, had reflux when he was tiny, and has always had a dummy so we've always had a couple of wakings at night to replace it...since about 7.5mths though he started teething and sleep has gone to pot ever since! We've been through temper tantrums when he doesn't want to go to bed, through to separation anxiety, we've been doing return and check which has improved getting him off to sleep but atm he is waking when we go to bed, and then pretty much hourly until 2-3am...this means I'm not getting to sleep until the early hours, and as I work f/t I am shattered!

I think he may well be teething again atm, although he's not waking distressed, and will go back off if I lay him down and give him his dummy, only to wake again an hour later.

My DH has health problems and is unable to help much during the night, so I'm really bearing the brunt of this and I'm struggling!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've posted about what we did with DD at the same age - in reply to a post further down the page called "how to teach a baby to self settle" or something similar. Would recommend the technique to anyone, although you might need to dump the dummy for it to work  ??? . She is 100 times better at self settling now, and does still have the odd night where she yells every hour (poss teething related) but will generally go straight back to sleep. Let me know if you want any more info on what we did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts