Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins following my third cycle of IVF. As you can see below I have had much success with pregnancy previously.

Over night last night i started bleeding a small amount of fresh red blood continually. For this pregnancy I am on cyclogest until 12 weeks and have been taking clexane injections with daily aspirin to try and prevent the worst happening.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a twin pregnancy? (I do have a doppler and yesterday before all this happened we found one definate heart beat and one that just registered on the screen but was hard to hear)

I am so  worried again because of my history, i got to go and see my GP in a bit cos i can' get hold of my midwife.

Thanks for any advice or sharing of any experiences would be much appreciated
Sarah x x

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Hi Sarah, I have no experience of this but wish you lots of luck when you see the GP later  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi Sarah

so sorry to read that you are bleeding honey and i can't offer any words of encouragement however wondered if you could call your EPU and get in for a scan asap? hope your GP will get that sorted for you

im sure there will be lots of ladies on here who will tell you stories of them bleeding in pregnancy and all being fine  :)

let us know how you get on sweetie

love
Suze xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I would phone your EPU as a first call and get them to scan you for reassurance - you could insist on it - good luck  ^reiki^

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi there,

When i got PG with my twins (although i lost them as 23 weeks, due to placental abruption so don't worry) i bled at 11+3 weeks.....i went for a scan & all was fine  :) :) it was put down to just one of those things.

Try & get a scan if you can at the EPU....or like i did i phoned up my clinic & they scanned me  :)

Try & not worry as i've read a few stories of girls bleeding at that stage with twins, alot is happening in there honey xx

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
aww hun i hope all is well

didnt want to just read and run.hope you get a scan today and get ressurance from that that all is ok with your babies.got my fingers legs arms and toes xx for you.as ive read a few times with girls and twin pregnancy a bleed is often quite normal.

lol nicky.     

good luck sarah..                  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for good news from you.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

I had exactly the same problem at the beginning of my twin pregnancy. I bled at 5 and 6 weeks - 2 fairly large fresh bleeds plus clots. The first one lasted for a few days and then stopped and then a day later it happened again! I then had brown spotting for the rest of my first trimester. I found there were lots of ladies pregnant with twins who'd had or were having the same problem. It does seem to be very common with multiples. However this is no guarantee for you and from my experience you need as much reassurance as you can get, as it's an awful time. Will your clinic see you and do a scan to see whats going on? If not ring your local hospital and ask for the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and speak to them. My clinic never found a reason for my bleeding and put it down to the increased blood supply to the uterus and cervix which meant I just bled easily. I'm 25 weeks now and all is well so far, they hung on in there!  ^pray^

Take care and try to rest as much as possible.

PM me if you need a chat  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Sarah,

Just sending a huge  ^hugme^ as know how worried you'll be  :-\ As Slinky has said it does appear more common to bleed with multiple pregnancies but all can still be fine. You are also on blood thinners, clexane and aspirin so this will make any bleeding last for longer and seem that it isn't stopping (but you know this already ;) ).

Hope you've managed to get referred to the EPU as you really should get scanned today. Thinking of you and sending masses of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you and the twins. Let us know how you get on.

Love
Maz x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hope you manage to sort out a scan. If you can't get one straight away or your scan is OK but you carry on bleeding pop a post on the twin thread and you'll get loads of much needed reassurance there  ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All

Thanks for all you support, I have been to the GP and he has referred me to EPU but they can not scan me until Sunday morning !!! Apparently they only have 2 hour scanning slots per day, disgusting if you ask me  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

As an alternative I rang my clinic to get a private one done, and story of my life they said yes they could do one no problems but they have no scanners in today so couldn't do it until Monday.

So have decided just to wait for Sunday, I also have my 12 week scan on Tuesday so that will be enough I think. On the bleeding front things seemed to have slowed right down for i just got small amount of brown loss since about 10.30am (sorry tmi!!). So I am trying to stay as postive as I can  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thanks again guys, will keep you updated
Sarah x x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hang on in there honey xx

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
hi sarah

just to let you know your babies and youself and dh are in my thoughts and prayers.good luck for the scan on sunday..  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

lol broatchy  xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
sarah - good luck for sunday and just relax if you can until then - keep your feet up and try to take it easy.  sending lots of positive vibes and luck your way  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Sarah hun just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and praying everything is ok ^pray^ . I know how worried you have been through this pregnancy. Hang in there girl  ^reiki^ I'd say the fact that it has slowed down and is now brown is a good sign sweetie  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Good news, bleeding has slowed and gone brown.  Sorry you can't get scan until Sunday but hang on in there hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thinking of you
Maz x

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi Sarah ^hugme^

It is so hard when you are pg and bleeding, I also bled whilst pg with my girls, I started at 5.5wks and had a lot of heavy bleeding and carried on till 13wks when it finnally stopped, it is very worrying and I hope and pray all is well for you and your two babes

As you can probably see quite a lot of people have bleeds in pg especiallly people who are carrying twins

I will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying all is well

God Bless
Sarah

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sarah

Just wanted to say hope it is all ok at your scan today, and everything is how it should be.

Keep us posted

Lots of  ^hugme^

Flip-Flop

x x x x

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hello Sarah I'm thinking about you and the babies today

sarah xxxx

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Guys

Well I have been for my scan and believe it or not they are both in there doing fine !!!!!

There were moving around and kicking each other having a right fight  ;D ;D ;D The scanner couldn't find any reason for the bleed so it looking good thank the lord  ^pray^

Thanks for all your support over the last few days
Love Sarah x x

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hiya Sarah30 hun

that is fantastic news hun ,, so happy for you that everything is ok ,  :) :)
tc hun and chat soon
luv Cazz xxx

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.