Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - i am 11 days into my first ivf cycle and am feeling pants.  We have had a close family bereavement and dont know whether i am coming or going.  I am not sleeping, amongst other things.  Also am trying to give up the dreaded tobacco, i know i know i can hear you shouting.

Please help XX

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Dolly,

I just wanted to send you a hug, and say I am sorry about your bereavement  ^hugme^, having treatment in itself is pants, but you will get through this, I really hope you feel better, and babydust to you :)

Take care

Wendy K

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Dolly Daydream!  :-*

First of all wanted to send you a big hug  ^hugme^  I'm so sorry you have had a family bereavement, I'm not surprised you are feeling stressed out.

I think with the smoking, just try and limit it to as little as possible.  I was a smoker but cut right back for dr and then hardly at all during stimming and 2ww ( a couple of puffs on dh's ciggie and then telling him off for smoking in the car and forcing me to passive smoke another day).  It will probably be more stressful for you to cut out smoking now completely, with everything going onx  ^hugme^

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ and  ^fairydust^ for this cycle. 

Louj x  :)

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Dolly

I'm sending you a big ^hugme^.
Its an incredibly emotional and difficult time and the bereavement and giving up smoking on top have just made that worse.

Have you visited these pages for some extra support with the smoking? That alone can disturb your sleep pattern ;)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=90.0

There are also some ivf hypnotherapy cd's that are supposed to be very good.

I do hope you feel better soon and good luck :-* ^reiki^ :-* ^reiki^

Love

Emma

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Dolly

Sorry to hear about your bad news, have you thought about taking a bit of time off work and trying a bit of time to yourself to relax?  Easier said than done to relax i know!
I am 5 days in to tx and am also having a strange time.  The injections are really hurting me, trying not to moan though as i know dh would find it really difficult to do them if i did!
Also I will certainly not judge you for smoking as I still am too, planning to give up for stimming but i know it's going to be hard.

Best of luck with your tx, keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Dolly,

Sorry to hear of you loss  ^hugme^

I know exactly how you feel honey as i am in the same boat as you, i have been d/r for the past 3 weeks and due to start stimms in a few days.

We have just also had a close family bereavement with the funeral tomorrow, i have spent the whole day today in tears as i feel like i am having to deal with this whole ivf thing on my own but also feel really selfish for feeling like this when everyone is is also grieving for the loss of a loved one.

My thoughts are with you chick  just hang in there ^hugme^. ^hugme^

Good luck with you tx hun.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sharon

XXX

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Sharon

So sorry to hear you're going through a bereavement too  ^hugme^ ^hugme^.
I hope tomorrow goes as well as it can for you

Emma xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts