Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

My daughter is now 14 months old. She started going to nursery a few weeks ago, just one morning a week to give me a break. Last week nursery told me that they feel she is not settling and reccomend her going an extra morning so it is not as long inbetween each session, I have told them I will think about it as finances are a bit strectched. Since her last session on wednesday she has been extremley clingy, crying whenever I leave the room and getting her to sleep at night is a nightmare. I don't know what to do for the best whether to put her in the 2 sessions or take her out of nursery completley. I just want her to be happy and confident. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Nicky

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
nickf2001 said:
hi

My daughter is now 14 months old. She started going to nursery a few weeks ago, just one morning a week to give me a break. Last week nursery told me that they feel she is not settling and reccomend her going an extra morning so it is not as long inbetween each session, I have told them I will think about it as finances are a bit strectched. Since her last session on wednesday she has been extremley clingy, crying whenever I leave the room and getting her to sleep at night is a nightmare. I don't know what to do for the best whether to put her in the 2 sessions or take her out of nursery completley. I just want her to be happy and confident. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Nicky
im a deputy of a full day care nursery and have seen this happen so many times.

it is better for a child to attend more than one day a week and due to this we do have a policy of two days or more a week..although this rule does get broken. A child who attends, lets say three times a week will settle alot faster and become confident in separting from parents at drop off. this is because they are with us more and the gap between visits is smaller as you said.

children that only come once will take longer to settle in and feel safe and secure with the nursery staff BUT dont give up as it will change soon and your little girl will get used to nursery, we see it all the time but she will be ok.

if you feel its best to take her out, do what feels best for you and your daughter. parents often tell us that there child has become very clingy and unsetlled at home and this too will improve. its a big thing for your daughter, shes somewhere new with people shes yet to really know and this will be dfferent from anything she has ever dealt with.

also, did you read the nurserys ofted report, its a must to find out negatives and positives about the setting.

well, i have gone on and on but i hope that somewhere in all that you have some help!

Bendybird.xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.