Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am on my first ivf journey and just need a bit of advise.  I have read that before your baseline you have a period this is to make sure your lining is nice and thin for stimming.  I have also read that you shuld take epo to thicken the lining to make eggs stick.  Am bit confused.  Sorry if a bit thick, injections have made me bit dizzy.

Clare XX

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Yes, ideally you should have a bleed before baseline scan.  The downregging drugs put your body into a temporary pseudo menopause so basically your ovaries shut down and your womb lining doesn't thicken up.  The DR drugs can delay AF though.  With our first IVF, my AF arrived the day before my baseline and I was concerned that it wouldn't be thin enough but it was absolutely fine (not the most pleasant of scans though as was bleeding heavily, but the nurses are used to it and have seen it all before).

If you don't have a bleed by time of your baseline, they may get you to have an E2 (oestradiol/oestrogen) blood test to see what your levels are and if there's no activity in your ovaries and your womb lining isn't doing much, then they may allow you to still progress to stimms....otherwise they may just get you to DR for a bit longer.

As for EPO.........this doesn't necessarily help with your womb lining although it's rich in DHA/omegas (not to be confused with DHEA) but it shouldn't be taken from ovulation onwards (so not after EC or during 2ww).

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your advise, looking forward to tommorow so will know a bit more.
Clare X

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
hi

can some one tell me what EPO is i get so confused LOL

thanks nat xx

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evening primrose oil hun xxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.