Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else been though this??

I keep getting a sharp pain in my lower right side, I first noticed it Tuesday morning when I was woken up at 5am in pain. I called NHS direct who arranged for me to see a Doctor, as they wanted to rule out appendicitis, however being pregnant make diagnoses very hard. So, I was sent to Ipswich A&E for further tests, which were also inconclusive, they eventually decided I have to wait and see if it gets worse before I go for more tests.  They allowed me home under the understanding I returned if the pain became worse or I become ill.

I can't believe this is happening. It has taken three years to get this far, and finding out I had fallen PG naturally was fantastic and we have never been happier. We have had 2 scans we have seen Billy bumps (as we call it) twice once at 7 wks then again at 12wks, and I have heard the heart beat several times now and felt it move so Billy is doing really well. It’s me who isn't.

I know if the pain get worse I will have to have surgery, and this is terrifying me!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi honey,

Please try not to panic. Even if you do have to have appendicitis (which you may not have) and you need surgery your little bundle will be absolutely fine! I've looked after lots of pregnant ladies who've had to have surgery and have gone onto have perfectly healthy babies. Having worked in ITU for years I've also seen ladies have huge doses of drugs, as they were so sick, and again their little ones have been fine! Those little bumps are amazingly resilient! The Doctor's and Anaesthetists will give you drugs at doses that are safe for you both and they will monitor your baby throughout. Also now your in you're second trimester any risks to the baby are much reduced. I'm sure everything will be fine but do have a good chat with them to help put your mind at rest if you need an operation. Hopefully it will get better as you can have a 'grumbling appendix' which flares up and then settles on it's own. Hope that helps to reassure you a little xx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I Know I am probably just panicing over something that is going to go away, it the not knowing that is playing on my mind the "what ifs".

Thanks again

Dawn

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
^hugme^ It will be alright honey. Try not to get ahead of yourself and take it a step at a time. Put your feet up as much as you can and rest in case it's just severe ligament pain caused by all those hormones (which can really, really hurt!) and let me know how you get on. xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Hi Dawnie,

I had horrendous stomache pains when I was 13wks preggy. It was the day I got back from my honeymoon too!! DH phoned NHS Direct and I was told to go to A+E to be checked out. (Longhaul flight and all that jazz)

I was seen by a doctor, a surgeon and a gynae!! None of them knew what it was either!! I had blood tests and all sorts done. I even had to produce my scan pic to prove to them that I didn't have an ectopic preggy.

The upshot was, they didn't know what was wrong with me. They all sort of implied it was my appendix too but they didn't want to do anything unless I got worse. So, for the next week or two, whenever I had a pain, I had to present myself at the docs to be checked over. The pains did go, after about 2wks. I think it was just a grumbling appendix as I've had that before.

Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone with this and, as you can see, my wee babe was not in the slightest troubled by what happened to me!!  ;D ;D

Good luck!!

Mandy xx ^kitty^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Ladies,

About two weeks ago I had horrendous pains in my right had side, really low down. As I have PCOS I have ovarian cycsts that flare up once in a while and it was that type of pain. I took some strong anti inflammatory pills (not good for baby, but needed something). Once I had taken these for a couple of days the pain went away. Not sure if this is any help whatsoever, but appenditcitus crossed my mind as well, but I've had that type of pain before and have been hospitalised with it in the past. Am fine now and bump seems to be getting bigger, so fingers crossed I've not done any damage.....

Hope you're feeling lots better anyway.

Weezy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts