Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have put another thread on earlier but thought i would try again.  I had day five scan today and have got 19 follies 10x8-10 and 9x8-11 lining 9mm, dropped menapur to 150.  Am convincing myself now that my tummy is hurting stupid i know, but am getting my self worked up as she mentioned the dreaded ohss. 

My dh said if the nurse was to concerned the clinic would have dropped my dose even more to 75 so i should chill and wait for next scan on friday.

Advise would be appreciated. Xx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
DH is right if there was any concern they would have said, besides they are keeping a close eye on you which is what they do + all you can do is relax, make sure you haver plenty of fluids + wait till next scan, some ladies on FF have had plenty more follies than that + have gone on to a succesful cycle without OHSS  ;)

takecare + goodluck  ^reiki^

xxx

G

·
Hi Mrs - the sizes are right that for stage so the dose may be OK - For any OHSS, insist they measure your E2 bloods from now on and drink 4 litres of water everyday - this will really help! Good luck!

xxx

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
i wouldnt worry yet as these follies are tiny.its when they get big you need to be weary. on a day 3 stim scan ive had 25 before and in the mids of stimming they didnt know if i could egg share as we didnt know if we could get enough eggs but got 19 in the end.its a matter of balancing the drugs right to boost these follies to get over a certain size.drink loads of water and up your protein intake.lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

hayley

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi dolly,

try not to worry.  :)  like hayley said, those follicles are still really small at this point.  i had a similar number and was told to drink lots and lots of water, eat steak,  ;D drink whole milk (generally keep up my protein intake) and try to rest with my feet up when i could.  you will probably be able to feel your ovaries getting busy, but it shouldn't actually be sore.  it will become a bit uncomfortable as that number of follicles grow but if you're worried at any point, give your clinic a ring.  ???  after all, that's what they're there for.

good luck with your tx, fingers crossed for you...  ^goodluck^

wishing x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Your follies sound fine and it appears your clinic are monitoring you well as they've lowered your drugs dose.

Just make sure you keep your fluids up....lots of water (at least 3-4 litres a day) as well as high protein in your diet.  Isotonic drinks can also help.

With our first IVF I responded a little slow (as on low drugs dose) and so at first scan they increased my drugs and I ended up with 21 follies and 10 eggs collected.

2nd IVF, I responded really well and even at first scan I had more follies than you....I did end up being at risk of OHSS and had drugs dose dropped right down to 75 iu with EC brought forward....28 follies, 19 eggs....and no OHSS.

3rd IVF, again responded well....27 follies, 16 eggs....no OHSS

4th IVF, responded a little too well....40 follies (plus some smaller but think they gave up counting), drugs dropped right down as high E2 levels and very high risk of OHSS.......30 eggs collected and lots of umming & arring about whether to postpone ET but we went ahead with a 5 day blastocyst transfer.....and still, despite all that, I still didn't get OHSS.

Perhaps I'm just incredibly lucky when it comes to not getting OHSS...who knows.

The clinic has to discuss the risks of OHSS with you, especially as you do have a higher number of follicles, but you are being well looked after and monitored.

Just keep those fluids up and fingers crossed no OHSS.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts