Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

This is my fist post so please bear with me - I having got the hang of smilies and abbreviations yet!

Had my 1st ET (2 x 2 day old 4 cell embryos put back) on Friday 18th Feb and are currently on the dreaded 2WW. I am finding it really difficult to cope with all the cramps and twinges and keep expecting AF to arrive but so far so good (even if it is only day 4!).

I really don't know how I am gonna last until 4th March whole weeks without giving in to the temptation of doing a test!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi Sarah,

I also had my Et on 18th and test on the 4th.  After reading these posts I am kind of worried as I have no pains or anything.... is this right.... as I have heard that when the embryos are implanting that one feel's like they are have an AF.

I am now worried that this tx cycle hasn't worked although everything has been okay up to now.. what with down regging and stimming and EC and ET...... HELP!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
^hello^ Sarah..welcome....I'm on 2WW aswell (testing 28/2) so know its hard but stay away from the pee sticks  ^evil^ as it can make things worse with false results..be strong you can do it...  This first time is hard I agree but keep posting and people will support you along the way best wishes and lots of  ^fairydust^

hello to cherryb.... remember we are all different and you really really can not tell whats going on... just take care of you and your embies  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cherryb and Pennycat

I don't know whether pain/cramps are a good or bad thing. Everyone seems to be different. I been reading a lot of the posts and some people who got a BFP had no pains or spotting and others had one or both.

I think that's why it is so hard to deal with as you don't know what to look out for. It simply is a case of wait two weeks and do a test (if AF hasn't arrived first that is).  

Fingers crossed for you all  ^fairydust^.

Best wishes

Sarah

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hi Sarah!

I am on my 2ww as well (testing 28th Feb.)  This is my 2nd IVF (first time ICSI).  I too have had period pains.  My sister, who tested positive with IVF just 4 weeks ago, had period pains and was convinced it was going to be a negative result.  However, she also had IVF the first time and had no period pains.  YOU JUST CAN'T TELL!!

Stay away from the home testing kits - I did that the first time and it was negative ...........but I still wouldn't believe it until the hospital test so what was the point!!!  I won't be doing that again I can tell you.  Best wait.

Keep busy (with your mind that is, don't overdo it physically).  Go to the cinema, read, have lunch with friends, ANYTHING - just don't sit and fret!

Good luck!!!
AJ of London
"Womb with a view"
x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi girls

thanks for  that as you can imagine the relief on my face when I read these threads as almost all of the one I had read to date mentioned AF pains.

Again FF has come to the rescue and set my mind at rest.

thanks

Good luck to everyone in this 2ww

Cherryb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same Here!

Had my 2nd FET on 18th and am booked in at the clinic on 2nd March for blood test.

I am too scared to get excited as our first attempt failed but still I got a good feeling this time! Crazy, we just drive ourselves crazy!

I am taking HRT pills, patches and pessaries. We had 2 embies both at 8 cell stage transferred.

I am quite worried as I feel fine, dont seem to have any symptons whatsoever.

You are certainly not on your own but please try to stay calm.

Wish you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi SK228

This is also my 1st posting and 1st ivf cycle. Had 2 really good eggs tx on monday and had 9 frozen. only 2 days into 2ww. My test date is mon7mar. Having cramps like I'm just about to see my AF, nipples are really hard and tender, are you having the same symptoms? Wishing you lots of luck and hope you get a positive result.
Take care.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi maryjay

Ever since I had my e/t on 17th Feb I've had cramping pains in my tum! Really feels like AF is going to make an appearance, but having read so many posts now, I think it's pretty much normal! As for the boobs - very sore.

Good luck for 7th March

Tink  ^fairydust^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.