Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So todays the day. As if we havent been waiting long enough. A year to get our referral letter and then it was cancelled three weeks ago and rearranged for today.

I dont know what to expect and I hope I come away feeling like we've got somewhere or at least like we're making progress. Does anyone know whats likley to happen today?

Im 25, My husband is 27. I have PCOS and ovulate intermitantly, my husband has a very low sperm count. No previous children. Feeling like an emotional wreck just latley and crying at every opppourtunity, we only want to be parents....is that too much to ask?

Wish me luck, feeling very anxious! x

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Norfolk85

I am from Norfolk too undergoing IVF. How did your appointment go? Hope ur ok. Its a very difficult journey. Important to remember that its all worth it at the end. This is an amazing site. Look through and find a thread that interests you and join..Wishing you luck.. Here if you need to talk anytime ^fairydust^

xxxxxx
Lisa

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hiya

How did it go Norfolk85? I've also been referred to QE, appointment on 24th January for IVF with ICSI (had a couple of appointments at Bowthorpe over last few months) I've no idea what to expect either, it certainly is a rollercoaster and like you often feel tearful. As Lisa says, this site is amazing, I've learnt so much and knowing so many others are going through the same and can help is great.

Fingers crossed for you Lisa that you get your BFP!

Sharon xxxx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies ladies.

We went to QE and I was really happy with the explanations we recieived and the advice offered. The advice is ICSI IVF...for which I have to lose some weight first, which makes me feel under an incredible amount of pressure to be honest. Its quite a lot of weight too.

Until it has been 'down to us both' the fact we're not concieving but all of a sudden its in my hands to lose the weight in order to be put forward for treatment.

I kind of feel better for knowing that the likley hood of us just falling pregnant some day is pretty near to impossible and that if we want a baby we have to go about it this way.

Im feeling over sensitive to everything right now (pregnancies, births, mothers) and im sure im upsetting people left right and center but I jsut dont know how to deal with it in my head.

Whilst there I had an internal scan and they found a large cyst on my left ovary which they want to rescan in 4 weeks. Ive also had some blood tests....not really sure whats happening on that front.
With regards to the IVF and the weight, we have booked another appointment a way down the line, by which time I need to be said weight or BMI.

xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there, hope you're all well. I have PCOS and hubby has low sperm count. I'm under KL QE Hospital and Bourne Hall. We opted for the travelling treatment.

I started my treatment last year in Sept. I had IVF with ICSI but it was cancelled after egg collection due to OHSS. Its all good though. I had 38 follicles, 11 eggs were good enough for ICSI and 5 fertilised and frozen. I'm due to start FET 18th of this month. Its only been 2 months since i finished the last tx. Exciting. ;D

I have always found the fertility consultants and nurses so helpful and friendly at KL. I never made it to Bourn Hall but my hubby did and he said they were lovely there too.  ;)

I never found the treatment to bad, i'd read other peoples diaries on here, the bad and the good, and that prepared me for the worsed. The nasal spray was fine, few hot flushes. I was worried about the injections but never felt them til nearer the end. The egg collection was not so good, but to be fair they give you amnesia effect drug and i honestly couldn't explain the pain, i don't remember it, i just know i was in it at the time. lol

I hope all goes well for you all. Take care. xx  :-*

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Charliefig,

Thanks for sharing your journey....its really useful for me to hear.

To get an idea of time scale... what was the time frame from your first appointmnet at QE to the first attempt at IVF ICSI?

Basically Im trying to establish when we might get a go following my 'weight loss'.

Thanks and good luck  :)
xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
:) Hi, im 26 and my partner 29 we are from Downham Market and my gp has just reffered us to the qeh fertility team just last night so just have to wait for an appointment for first consultation now.

Partner has had his SA test which came back a little low but they said should still conceive at this level, ive had my 21 day OV test then repeated at 24 days as my cycle is longer, it came back at 28, however cycle that month was 35 days so really should have maybe had on day 28.... my cycles are odd between 29-36 days - never sure when!!

Not sure what to expect next - think a lap/dye? really not sure.

Best wishes to everyone

Gabs xxxxx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey,
      I can't remember exactly how long between my 1st apt and starting my TX. I had a lap & dye test in Oct 09 and started my ivf in sept 10 so thats 11 months but it really did go quick. I had apts in between to discuss our next move so i was still popping in and out of hospital. Plus i had my wedding in between and that helped pass the time even more i guess.
    I hope the time goes as quick for you and it did for me. Good luck with everything.
                                                                                                                                  Charlie xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi this is my first post since receiving confirmation that we have been put forward for IVF ICSI treatment at KL. 2 samples showed zero sperm (devastating) but when his blood results came back normal but confirmed he has azoospermia we couldn't be happier. Still a long way to go but this means we have options.. I'm due for a blood test on day 2 of my next cycle and apt with KL fertility end of august.

Just wondered if there was any other couples who have gone through this diagnosis and could advise what to expect at next apt!!!

x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I've tried to private message you as my partner and I are going through the same process at kings Lynn
Too. He has sadly been told he has azoospermia. We attended our first fertility clinic appointment at bowthorpe in July where we was To he had to have some bloods taken to identify whether the azoospermia was obstructive or non obstructive those results we should be receiving in October! LOng wait.

How have you progressed since your last post? I hope you've had some success!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.