Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a new thread as the other one has become so loooong!!

Thought it would be good for us to share experiences for those like my self who have just started ICSI, I  received my drugs today and have my appointment on 17th of May to learn how to use them.

So for those ladies who have been through this what should I and others who are starting off expect.

I must admit when I received that box full of medication and all these syringes etc it was very daunting :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Dreamer,

This is much easier than going through hundreds of pages. It is a very emotional daunting process.....but it WILL be worth it.

Jem x

·
Registered
212 Posts
I started first round on 20th April.  As someone who has always been scared of needles it has surprised me how easy it actually is to give them to yourself - maybe its because we are in control of our own pain?  Anyway, I am now on hormone injections and aside from headaches and a bit of nausea I am feeling pretty good.  Once u start the time actually goes pretty quickly - i find it hard to believe I might actually be pregnant in a couple of weeks.
Stay positive, eat healthy, and always check out FF as I have found lots of useful advice on here!

good luck

x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi There

I just wanted to add that when I got the box of stuff I felt daunted as well!  I hate needles and couldn't believe I would have to inject every day when I hate them so much. I found a great tip on the internet which made a real difference to me - you get a freezer block and put it on your leg for about 2 minutes before you inject and you actually can't then feel the needle going in at all because it numbs the area. My husband and I decided that he would prep the needles and sort everything out - and I didnt watch him while he did that. He would then do the injection for me while I looked away and it was really not bad at all. Just wanted to reassure you!

Bertie

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi there ladies how's it going? Hope you are all doing ok and taking things easy.  ^hugme^

Dreamer i can't help with ICSI questions but some knowledge of injecting etc but you will be fine, it's ok once you start injecting it just becomes routine the first one is the hardest. Are you going to do them yourself? I do one and DH does one. Good luck with it and take notice at the training cos i didn't as i thought DH would do them all but he was at work when i had to do the first one and i had a needle phobia which is now alot better.
Simonechantelle & EmcG How are you feeling today after EC? Any news? Hope things are going good.  ^reiki^
Good luck to all on 2ww  ^reiki^  and stimming etc  ^reiki^

I'm excited as i got my date for my consultation and it's next wednesday. Yipeee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey ladies

Phew, a new thread!

Agreed that huge box of needles etc arriving is scary, but once you unpack it all it's not so bad! They should reconsider the packaging...a pink box perhaps :)

Had my first stims scan...day 7 and 11 follicles, don't know if this is ok or not really. Nurse seemed happy,  but of course I am starting to worry it's not good enough (must stop fretting!)

Another scan Monday, then they think EC  will be Wednesday. ARGHHHHHH! More panic!

On the up side, at least things are moving in the right direction
Take care all x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and say I have just started my 1st cycle, I am doing flare protocol. I am amazed how fast this is going, had my consents app on the 11th and started daily dose of Norethisterone x 2, get my prostrap inj on the 27th and start Gonal F on the 30th, getting a scan on the 3rd June and egg collection on the 6th!! (all going well).

I have a fear of needles also (although I am doing acupuncture to help) I thought my dad would relish the thought of inflicting pain on me as he is a Diabetic but he will not do it, I will attempt myself but have a back up plan of a friendly nurse who lives near.

Wishing you all well on your journey's.

Shelby xxx

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just bookmarking ladies!

Hope everyone has a lovely fit, worry free, relaxed day today ( as far as possible given where you're at  ^idiot^)

Afm I'm really hoping this works for us as I've had such a difficult time with the drugs that I'm really not certain I could go through it again  :( And we didn't get any to freeze  :(
I do know how lucky I was to be allowed to go ahead with the ET though as it really was touch and go! So ^reiki^ that our little blast is snuggly and happy right now  ^pray^
^hugme^ to all

Smidget xxxxxx

·
Registered
318 Posts
Morning ladies,
Only a quick post for those of u who have been following me and wonder what happened today. It is otd day for me today and it has been BFP again. I feel really happy. Love this feeling and hope all of u can experience it soon.

Have a lovely day all of you and thanks a lot to all of you for the support, especially to Emcg. You are a star Hun and u can't wait to be woken up early in the morning very soon by a message from you saying that u have a BFP too :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hooray for OTD!!!!!!!!!! ^jumpin^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Well done you! Hope to join you very soon  ^pray^ and I'll sort out ** too!

Xxxx mucho congrats and love to you both! )

Smidget xxxx

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Hey ladies,

Thank you so much for your support of late. This forum is fab for that.

I went in for ET.  Hubbie and i were called into a room by a nurse and a doctor came in to see us.  We were panicking!  He told us that out of our six embryos, 2 hadn’t done much but four were grade 1and 8 cells, and he advised waiting till Monday to see if they go to blasts!  :)  We were so shocked and happy, but i know we still have a long way to go.  Praying that they continue to do well.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Again, thank you ladies for the wonderful support as always.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Hoping all ECs and ETs have gone well.  All PUPOs congratulations!  Those DR and stimming good luck.

Have a lovely weekend.

Simone XxX

·
Registered
246 Posts
The_Girl - Congrats x

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
shelby i know how you feel about needles i couldn't even watch them on the telly but i have overcome that now and you can too.  ^reiki^
On my first injection with IUI i had no one to do it as DH was at work and i was stuck so i had to do it and that was probably the best thing that could have happened.
I even thought of asking the neighbour that's how desperate i was but once you have been brave and done the first one the pressure is off and you feel so chuffed with yourself after.
Simonechantelle  ^pray^  they go to blast for you.  ^reiki^  Good luck

The_Girl  Yippee that's great news and take it easy.
gottobeinit i'm not sure how many you should be aiming for but that sounds great and if they were happy so should you be.  ^reiki^
Good luck for the scan on monday let us know how it goes and remember it is for a good reason when it comes to EC that's how i will get through it!  ^hugme^

Been a lovely day here today and i have been pottering about in the garden whilst DH has cut the grass  ;D  Hope you have all had a good day and taking it easy and just relaxing.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thank you Missy.  Was really shocked and surprised.  :eek: .  Praying the embryos stay healthy and strong.  ^pray^  Just taken my dog out for a walk with hubbie to work off some of the adrenelin from today.  EC will be worth it ladies.  It's what helped me through!

Have a good evening all. XxX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Dreamer86 - Well done on starting a new thread, it was getting really long and needed updating!  It does hit you when you get your drugs delivered but you will be fine, it's not as complicated as it seems I promise.  The injection teach is good as you are given lots of information as well as shown how to administer the drugs.  May be worth taking a pad to write certain things down, I did but i'm a bit of a freak like that!  ^idiot^

Jem2 - how are you doing?  ^wave^

singaandi - hiya, glad to hear your cycle is going well.  Is your EC due soon then?  :)

Missy123 - Yay you have got your consultation date!  Things will really start to get moving for you after that.....  ;D

gottobeinnit - 11 follies is great!  Try not to worry about EC.  For me it wasn't as bad as I imagined, it was over so quickly and I was in a lovely lala land and didn't feel a thing.  It is sore after for a couple of days but you just need to take paracetamol and rest loads.  :)

Shelby2211 - Good luck for your cycle.  The needles are fine, you will be so used to them in no time!  ;D

Smidget - I know bless you, you have really been through the mill.  But PMA, PMA, PMA, your little embie is SO snuggled in by now!! ^reiki^

The_girl - Yay OTD -  ^BFP^.  So pleased for you as you have been such a pleasure and a support on this thread!

Simonechantelle - My cycle buddie!  Amazing news about your blasto's!  As you have seen from the Springies thread, i'm in the same boat!  Hope everything goes well for you.  Are you having two put back or one?

Sorry if I have missed anyone, but hope you are ok!  :)

AFM - Well I had a call from the clinic this morning to say that 7 out of the 9 embies are still doing well, so we are defintely going for blast transfer on Monday.  Booked in for 11.15am.  Can't wait to get our little ones back inside of me now!  :)

Lots of love, luck and babydust.  ^fairydust^

Leroux

xxxx

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
LeRoux - Cycle buddy!  Hoping and praying they gets to Blasts !  The doctor thinks it's a possiblity, which is why he advised to wait, but who knows?!

I don't know about 1 or 2.  What is everyone's thoughts?

Sim. X

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey ladies
Thanks for the encouragement. I will just keep praying that the sedation knocks me out, scared I will be wide awake! Somehow I have made it to 30 without having had any real medical procedures so think I'm imagining all sorts!

Leroux, GREAT that you are going to blast! Hope you are recovering well. How long are you taking off work?
Feeling quite sore at the mo, going to curl up with a book..and maybe some chocolate  ;D

Hope are all having happy Saturdays x

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Simonechantelle i would have 2 but thats just me you have to go with what you think. Although i would love both to take and have twins there's always the chance that 1 won't.  :(  If they said to me there is 3 and we can't freeze just 1 then i think i would have all 3 put back!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Evening Ladies,

Simonechantelle - how are you doing today?  Looking forward to tomorrow?  I know I am!  I am personally going to have two put back as its something me and DH have always said from the beginning.  Yes there is a risk of multiples, but we really just need to have the best possible chance - self funding and I really don't know if we could afford to do this again any time soon!  I totally agree with Missy123 though, it has to be what you feel is best!  :)

Gottobeinnit - Hope you are feeling a little better today?  Thanks for the best wishes.  I have taken 1 week and a half off work, thank god!  Besides anything else the progesterone knackers me out big time!  :(

Smidget - How are you doing today?  ^hugme^

Hi to everybody else.... :)

AFM - I have just been for some acupuncture ready for tomorrow's ET.  Going to go straight after ET as well!  I find it really relaxing so thats got to be a good thing, right?  Just looking forward to tomorrow now, praying everything goes ok!  ^pray^

Lots of love, luck and babydust. ^fairydust^

Leroux

xxxx

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
LeRoux and Simonechantelle good luck for today at ET and hope all is well and they have gone to blast.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
I'm a bit green on that front on how it works but have been reading and trying to learn their different stages! Didn't understand the cell and grade part but i'm hoping to learn from you all and the info i have been given.
I find it all so confusing  ^idiot^ having only done IUI but i'm sure i will pick it all up. Am i right that the more cells the better but how do they grade them?
gottobeinit good luck with the scan today, hope you find out when EC will be.  ^reiki^

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing ok. Who is the next one for OTD, we could do with a list like we started in IUI to know where everyone is at.  ^hugme^

1 - 20 of 419 Posts