Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Girls  ;D

I can't believe I am posting my BFP after 2 1/2 years of ttc it finally happened!!!!  I'm still in complete shock.  We had our first IUI on the 16th August and tested last night.  I was 100% sure that it was going to be negative as I have been suffering with pre AF symptoms since Ovulation.  I was absolutely amazed to see a line.  I did another test this morning and the line was darker.  Im just a bit worried as Im getting a few tummy cramps (more of a pulling sensation than AF pain), but my friend has told me that it is completely normal and to try not to worry (easier said than done!!), I daren't even go to the loo incase I see anything.  My dh is booking me in at the dr's today to get a blood test to confirm everything, but I may buy another home test today.  Which are the best ones to buy?  I used two from Asda (own brand).  They said they were something like 99% accurate and the second line came up within 2 minutes. 

Thank you all so much for your help and advise over the last few months - you ladies are amazing!!

I hope you all get your BFP very very soon.

Thank you again

Kerrie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Kerrie,

^afro^ ^afro^ ^afro^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^rainbow^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^wave^ ^wave^ ^wave^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

Many congratulations on your BIG FAT POSOTIVE(s),Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months,it so nice to see a good result from all this treatment,well done.

Kelly x

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Kerrie,

So glad it worked for you! Congratulations honey and try to relax and enjoy the next 8 months.

;D ;D ;D ;D

D x

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Congrats Kerry!

I'm going to be starting IUI very soon and I thought BFP's on the 1st go were unheard of!

Just goes to show what those "experts" know!

Thanks for sharing your news. Certainly gives me a little bit of hope x

·
Registered
256 Posts
What a result!  Massive congratulations to you Kerry.  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ Thats a great start to the month and cheers me up no end.

Bring on the BFP's.

xxxx

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats Kerry..uve helped to restore our faith in IUI...lots of love xxx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Great news Kerrie - congratulations on your bfp!!!!

And first time too!  The pulling sensations definitely sounds like pregnancy symptoms.  I did 7 pregnancy tests before I believed my BFP (I got First Response).  Its impossible not to worry but try and trust that your body knows what it's doing!

congratulations again!
Morgan

·
Registered
87 Posts
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^cloud9^
YOU TAKE IT EASY HUN
Love Cindyxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
127 Posts
hi kerrie, what great great news.  many many congratulations to you and dh.
really really thrilled for you both.
don't worry to much about not believing the tests and any random aches and pains.  i too even now (after about 5 tests ::)), really bad aching boobs and chronic indigestion, still don't believe that i am really preg.  but the scans i have had definitely confirm the fact that it is indeed a pregnancy. i'm 10.5 weeks and have just seen my little one again, arms and legs and dancing around all over the place AND it still doesn't seem real after all the ttc efforts.
just be sure to rest up and look after yourself.
sending you and dh congratulatory hugs.
take good care.
crx

·
Registered
9 Posts
kerrie, What wonderful news - well done you! I'm probably one week ahead ofyou in pregnancy (also DIUI) so we'll have to keep in touch. Me a first go too, but I have 2 other little girls from the same donor already. Well done. Relax. Do as many tests as you need to to reassure yourself. They don't cost much do they, when compared with tx! Loobs

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Kerrie,

Congratulations to you on your BFP ^banana^ ^banana^  And first time lucky too!!

Come & join us on the BFP thread whenever you feel ready (and from experience even after you have given birth you still don't believe it! ;D).

Have a happy & healthy 9 months,

Minkey x

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Kerry
^congrats^ ^BFP^ ^congrats^ ^BFP^ ^congrats^ ^BFP^
1st time lucky, wow  :eek: you must be on  ^cloud9^
Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy & beyond.
Take care

Erica.x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I look at this thread occassionally as I too was one of the lucky ones and conceived after my first attempt at IUI (actually started on IVF route but didn't respond to well to the drugs, only had two follicles, so downgraded). Like you I did about four pregnancy tests as couldn't believe it!
All the best for your pregnancy, enjoy and saviour the nine months.

Baby dust to everyone else

Josie

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Congratulations on your  ^BFP^.

You have given me hope  :)

Emma
x x x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.