Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Me and DH 30 yrs old.  TTC for 3 years.  I have mild endometriosis.  Sperm is fine. ^sperm^  After 3 failed attempts at IUI, we are now on the road to starting our first IVF  :)

I started down-regulating on Monday with Synarel nasal spray which I hate!  :mad:

I run a small local support group for women ttc called 'Baby Hopes' which keeps me busy.  It's great to have other people to share your experience with who really know what you are going through.

Good luck to everyone going through treatment

Alison

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Alison

^goodluck^ with your treatment.

Me and my DH are due to start our first IVF next month  :eek:

Sending you lots of  ^fairydust^

Love Shaz xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Alison

Just wanted to wish you loads of good luck and  ^reiki^ - hope you get a  ^BFP^ on your first IVF.

Ill be starting my first in a couple of weeks time too and can't think of anything else! 

love Sandy ^reiki^  ^fairydust^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am due to start my first IVF cycle in December, feeling very unsure about the whole thing and quite negative.  Does anybody know anyone wher it has worked the first time, I get the impression from everything that i've read that it doesn't although my doctor says that it does.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi

Good luck for your cycle when it starts in December hun.

It can and does work first time for some people - i know a few girls on here that it has worked 1st time for.

The whole thing can seem very daunting - but you will get through it.  I found this site a great help and the people are fantastic.  Take some time to read some of the boards - and remember to join the cycle buddies december board for your cycle starting in December hun - that way you can chat with people who are going through everything at the same time as you.

WIshing you lots of luck.

Carol
xxx

·
Registered
305 Posts
HI

JUST A QUICKIE,  I WENT FOR MY FIRST CYCLE LAST YEAR AND HIT THE JACKPOT FIRST TIME LUCKY!!!!

GOOD LUCK  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

BEV

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi there

Prepare yourself for 3 attempts. That way you can focus on the fact that your consultant gets to know your body , how you respond to your medication etc, What can be done the next time to improve your chances. And believe me you'll get used to the treatment and it will be less stressfull. It's not easy, it can be long haul, I'm on my 4th and 'closure' cycle at the moment before I go down the ED route.

That doesn't mean you're not going to succeed 1st time round, you may be 10 years younger than me and that will be hugely fortunate!  ;D

You're in the best place. You'll get all the info and support you need. I did not know of FF when I first started, and I wished I had!

Good Luck

Vanilla x

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hiya
I had my first try in Aug/Sept....Now got twinnies on the way....Have faith, and lots of luck.
:) :) :) ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ :) :) :)
Sally

·
Registered
36 Posts
hiya dieselbabe,

i am worried too - i am due to start my first ivf in jan 2006  -  like you i have been pessimistically optimistic ( if that makes any sense )

i feel a lot better on finding ff - and after only being on here a few days feel more positive.

i know people it has worked first time for - i have seen some on ff but also my cousin had icsi for first time and has a 6 yr old ds and my friend had icsi and now has a daughter who is 4 - so it does work first time - just not always.

i must admit i have resigned myself to the fact that it probably won't for us but i think we are sometimes too scared to get to positive and feel so let down again - but we are all strong and if we believe then that is half the battle!

much love and luck to you - i'm right behind you!

tor70 ^reiki^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

It's our first cycle of IVF, so not really sure what to expect. I have Endo and PCOS and long cycles normally.  The clinic started me off on 7 days of provera to try to kick start my periods, but I finished the packet last Monday and still no period.  The clinic said it should start by last Thursday.  I've been taking the Buserelin injections for nearly 2 weeks now, and have my first scan on Friday.  Does it matter if my period hasn't come before I start on the Menopur injections? Will they make me wait until I have a period before letting me start do you think? I'm worried it may delay everything. 

Any insights would be gratefully appreciated!

Jenni
xxxx

^eyes^ ^eyes^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Hi Jenni

sorry i can't be much help,when i had ivf i started dr on day 1 of my cycle and i had no idea what would happen  :eek: apparently i should of had another bleed a few days later but never did, they still went ahead with my stims (after another scan a few days later) the same thing happened on my next cycle too  :eek:

is it possible for you to phone your clinic and ask someone there ? 

just thought i better point out both my cycles went well and there is no explanation for the  ^BFN^ i got just unlucky i guess  ;)

good luck  ^reiki^

pam xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi ladies

Well almost there :eek:

We start our first cycle of IVF in about week & half...starting sniffing Syneral on cd21 which will be 29 March...just wondered if anyone else was starting same as me, especially if on cd21 ???

Would be good to share experience with someone else...

Good luck to all ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
676 Posts
hi natasha,
thought id reply to your thread,ive replied on the easter bunnies thread as well.
im starting the  down regging on the same day as you. :)
all my drugs are by  injection though  :'( look forward to no how your getting on  ^reiki^
big big hug
luv
teardrop
xxx

G

·
:)  Hi - I start injecting Tuesday 28th March - feeling nervous - will be 2nd fullcycle & in between had a FET.  Drugs arrived Saturday am.

Good Luck to you

Fi
x

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hi Natasha

I have now joined the new de-reg easter bunnies, easier to track who's who but nice to see there are lots.

May see you there?

love
cheesyb
xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Yep...will see you there tomorrow Cheesy !!

Good luck ^reiki^

Natasha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.  Well, finally going through our first cycle. Just had 11th jag of Buserelin. Felling very lucky so far, only side effects seem to be headaches. In fact feeling much happier & positive than for a long time. If this is how I'm going to feel while on these drugs then I'd like to keep on taking them after treatment! Day 10 of FSH (Puregon) will be Nov 17th. Trying not to feel too excited or nervous, but both keep creeping in. Knowing this site is here if I need to talk is great, even though I'm not much for posting things. Glad to find our clinic has cancelled it's research program into transferring only one embryo, would have felt really guilty not taking part in that one. thank god too many other couples said 'no' first!
  Has anyone out there tried the comedy thing after ET? Read somewhere that it really seems to help. Makes sense I suppose. Also , can anyone tell me anything about your immuneology levels & what effect these can have on success rates? My mother was never expected to live due to auto immune disorder & was advised that we children should have our imms monitored recently. When I told our cons this she just shrugged it off & said they would test it if I didn't respond well to this cycle.
    Anyway, all the best to everyone out there, thanks for listeneing (reading!)

Mariana

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Hi Mariana

Just popped on to wish you loads of luck with your cycle honey ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Hope you get your dream ^fairydust^

I read all the info about the comedy after ET honey and thought it sounded great! Unfortunately it came out just before my last ET was due and it was too late for me to arrange anything, however I am determined next time I am going straight from ET to something or someone that will make me laugh my socks off! Anything that might possibly help eh?

Lots of love and luck to you
Tracy
xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello

I have rang clinic today as it is day 1 of my cycle been downregging since 07/07/07.  I thought that they would wait to do the first baseline scan when I have finished AF is this normal I will still be bleeding when I go on Wednesday 18/07/07 and will they start the puregon injections straightaway aswell?

I asked they said it was allright

Thanks Penny

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey there yes this is normal. I had mine on the 9th. I was shocked when I got there & they wanted to do an internal scan so just have a shower before. But don't worry I didn't have a clue. I thought it would be just jelly on the belly...  ^idiot^  ;D You can watch it on the screen which is good all will be fine it doesn't hurt either hope all goes well xx

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.