Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

Was just wondering if anyone can help. I had et on april 11th and positive hpt on 25th april. I am booked in for my first scan on 9th may which will make me about 6w 5days. I think!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what we are likely to see on the scan? Will we see a heart beat? I havent had any hcg bloods done, my clinic didnt mention it so at the moment have no idea what is going on in there. or if everything is ok

Was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on what we can expect at the scan.

Thanks for reading, any comments most welcome.

Thankyou Quaver xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I had my scan at 6+5wks and we saw a hearbeat beating away, altho very tiny still amazing to see.

Nikki xx

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi,

Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I had my first scan at 7 weeks and jnr was a little jelly bean with a flashing heartbeat - not much to see but all mine!

Good luck!

Karen x

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi! congratulations

Although I saw the heartbeat at 6w1d this time it is still possible that you may not see the heartbeat til 7w (which is why some clinics leave it til 7w). 

There really isnt that much to see that early but the confirmation that something is there and maybe a little blob with flashing heartbeat will be visible.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Some see a hb at 6w but most see one at 7w the most important thing is that you get the see the beginning of your babies life!!  Its truly magical but please don't be disappointed or worried if there isn't a hb yet, if there isn't your clinic will scan you again in a couple of weeks.

Good luck.

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi quaver congrats on the BFP.

Like the others have said you will see a small white mass and a heartbeat! I had an early emergency scan at 6 + 4 and thats what i saw.

Good luck

Kate xx

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,

I saw my 2 blobs and their heartbeats, although was told by other ladies on here that I was lucky to see that as it can go either way at that stage with regards to heartbeat (6 + 3)

Good Luck!

BettySpaghetti xx

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hello and congratulations!

As others have said you may see something or not much at all - either will be perfectly normal at this point! I was 6+5 when we had our first scan and we saw the amniotic sac, and inside it the yolk sac was still visible with a small blob at one end which was bubba bean with his little heart fluttering away - saw and heard it! Incredible. In fact, here's my pic if it helps visualise...

So much will depend primarily on how good your sonographer is and how good the machine is that they use. No doubt you'll know this already but it will be a dildo cam at this point, just so you're not surprised!

Good luck with everything hun.
Trip xx

PS there are a few websites out there that describe and have pics at every stage, some from very early on.
Try this: http://www.visembryo.com/baby/index.html

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ladies...

Thank you so much for all the replys they have been most helpfull.

Thanks Tripitaka for the scan photo I know what to expect to see now, and no I didnt realise it was going to be a dildo scan. Good job you said so I am prepared  ;D

Just hope I see a heart beat too. I worry so much, still cant believe Im pregnant have spent a fortune on HPT each 1 says positive but still keep doing more. I know im nuts  ^idiot^

Will let everyone know how I get on next week

Good luck to everyone

Love Quaver xx  :-*

G

·
Good luck Quaver for Fri ^reiki^
I have my first scan on the 7th I'll be 6wk 3 days (I think we are around the same stage) :) Hoping to see a heart beat but my sister who is a midwife said don't expect to see one yet ^idiot^
Lets hope we both see lovely strong heart beats ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^spot^

Tanya

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi TanyaK

Good luck to you for your scan on 7th, let me know how you get on  :) Yes I think we are at the same stage, I think you had your et 2 days before me and your test too, so as my scan is 2 days after yours we should be exactly the same.

Its nice to meet someone who is at the same stage  :-*

Did you have 1 embie or 2 transfered? I had 2 so will hopefully find out if its twins or not. i know sometimes only 1 embie sticks, but would be nice to know for sure.

Have you had any symptoms of pregnancy. I hvae had nothing and its driving me mad  ^idiot^ I keep testing just to make sure i didnt make a mistake  ^bigbad^ I think im going potty with all this waiting.

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on with your scan

Love Quaver xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
hi just to let you know girls i had my first scan with dd at 6.5weeks we didnt see the heartbeat but this is normal too so

dont worry if you dont  :) then when i went for my 8week scan i saw it really well  ;) goodluck and enjoy  :)

G

·
Quaver I had one put back. I was hoping for two but only one of the four survived the thaw (I had FET) so I would be very surprised to see two heart beats ;D It would be a bonus to see a heart beat but as Fudgeyfu said it's just as normal to not see one yet ^pray^ ^pray^ I have been feeling tired now and again and my boobs are a bit bigger and getting hard but thats it. Everyone has varying symptoms :-* I will let you know how I get on. Getting scared now :eek: ::)

Fudgeyfu Thanks for your post :-*

Tanya xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Quaver and Tanya would u be able to post on this thread how your scans go so i can read it as im so excited for you both :) :)

Kate xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Ladies...

Thanks everyone for all the lovely posts. I am getting really nervous for my scan now. Only 4 more sleeps !!!!!! Dont know which 2ww is worse. The one to find out if it worked or the one for the scan so you can see everything is ok  ;D I really hope we see a heartbeat I am such a worrier that if we dont I will worry until the next scan..... And the madness continues  ^idiot^

My boobs are  bit firmer and sore but i thought it might be down to the progynova and the utrogestene im taking. Are you on any medication Tanya? Only 2 more sleeps for your scan. make sure you post to let us know what you saw, its so exciting  ;D

Take care

Love Quaver xx

G

·
Hi Quaver
I know what you mean I can relate to everything you posted about being nervous and worrying if there isn't a heart beat! That why I haven't done my ticker down the bottom of my signature as I don't want to tempt fate ??? I'm on progynova (3 times a day) and cyclogest (two times a day) Hopefully we won't go too mad till the scans ^idiot^ ;D
Tanya

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Tanya..

Wow your just the same as me. I havent done my ticker yet I was waiting for my scan too  ;D  I am on progynova 2mg 3 times a day and 2 utrogestine twice a day. Cant wait for the scan just want to know everything is ok.

Good luck for your scan im sure you will be fine....

Quaver xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Quaver and Tanya :) :)

Although i had a natural BFP i didnt put a ticker on either until i had the scan. A lot of people off this site kept saying do a ticker but i was adament i wasnt going to put one on until i saw the heartbeat so you are not alone. I wasnt meant to have my first scan until i was 12 weeks but i had bleeding at 6 weeks so i pushed for a scan and i was 6+4 and was so relieved and you will both feel the same - i totally feel for you both although you have both been through much more than me to get your BFP.

Tanya - i am doing a lot better - the sickness is really easing now thankgod! It wasnt much fun if im honest. Baby never stops moving and feels really strange to feel that! Again i am so pleased for you about your BFP and so excited! You deserve this so much :)

Kate xx

1 - 20 of 36 Posts