Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

My dh is having a test done in the next week, he had a test done 2 years ago and all though I cannot rember the exact reults his count was around 16 mil.

We did not follow this up as a few months later I became pregnant with twins yet unforuatly I went into pre labour and they did not survive.

It took us 20 moths to concive the twins and we have been trying for the last 12 months (m/c in aug at 7 weeks), and nothing since.

Could you tell me what results are normal i.e count and mobility ect ect.

Thanks people
Amanda

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Amanda - the definitions are such:
oliospermia - less than 20million/ml
cryptospermia - less than 5million
azoospermia - none or few

Might be an idea to get chewing the vitatmins.  There are lots of posts about recommendations, also healthy diet, reducing stress etc...

Regards
Andy

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
HI!
Cant remember exact figures but I think normal is 3-5mls and a total count of over 40 (maybe 60??)million (but remember thats total not per ml which is possibly what you got last time) , and more than 5% swimming in the right direction (as opposed to not swimming or in the wrong direction) can't remember what normal morphology is (except that we are miles away from it!)
Are you having it done at the clinic or through the path labs as this made a big difference for us (the clinic always does it straight away and doesn't leave the sample hanging around)?
Good luck,
LIZI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.