Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last AF started on 8th April and lasted a few days but then last night another one arrived. This is only just over two weeks and am very worried since a colleague at work today casually said it can happen in early PG and possibly be a miscarriage!  :'(

For the last 10 months my cycles have been very consistent at around 25 days so no idea why this would suddenly happen. I do have a history of endo (but couldn't get hold of my consultant today) and have been TTC for the last year but not currently on TX.

Can anyone put my mind at rest as getting pains too so very worried but don't want to worry DH as he is very unwell with flu.

Andi X

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Andi,

Just wanted to share with you my experience. This actually happened to me in February when i was supposed to start a fresh IVF/ICSI tx. I was due to go in for a Day 21 baseline scan to start treatment but bleed a week before then which means, like you i bleed twice in 2 weeks. I also have spot on 25-26 days cycles. I called the clinic up and they asked me to go in for a scan ad bloodtests to see what was going on. I knew i wan't miscarrying as i've had a bilateral salpingectomy op done in November due to hydrosalpinges. Anyway, during my scan the doctor found a small polyp which he said has caused me to bleed (and i had one removed already in November '07!). He suggested i wait until next AF appears in the hope the polyp sheds away with the bleeding, before starting tx. I followed his advise and waited until next AF, which was alot heavier this time. I was booked in again for a scan and 'hold and behold!' the polyp disappeared!. I was given the go ahead to start treatment and am DR at the moment.  ^reiki^

So, i shouldn't worry too much. I suggest you ring your doctor and get yourself checked up (scans, bloodtests etc.) to see what's going on. Our bodies can be so unpredictable and do the most weirdest things!  ^idiot^ Try not to worry too much.

Let us know how you get on.  ^hugme^

All the best.

Silverglitter  :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Silverglitter, I think I will give them a call and get it checked out

Hope your doing well hun and the TX is going well  ^reiki^

Andi X

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
hi girls - I'm in a similar situation.............

I'm due to have my prostap jab next tues on CD 21 to start me down regging for my 2nd ICSI but low & behold I started bleeding again today which is like day 15/16 of my cycle.....not sure what this means....I'll ring clinic tomorrow for advice but fear I'll have my TX delayed :'(
I'm not sure if its due to my BFN at endo March (maybe drugs muckin' about with body still??) or is it endo relate (???) or maybe something else.

Just my luck!!!

Angie xx

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Mrs R,

Sorry you are feeling a bit down. I too was the same when i started to bleed before CD21. One, i was worried that there was something wrong with me, the second was that i knew my treatment would be delayed.

The best thing to do is call your clinic and inform them on what is going on. Your treatment will likely be delayed as they will have to look into why this is happening. In my case, i was called in for a scan and they found a polyp. I was advised to wait till next AF in the hope that the polyp would shed away with the bleed and it did. I am now stimming and will have EC (hopefully) by next week.

I shouldn't worry too much. It probably is the just the drugs.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best of luck.

Silverglitter79

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
hi silverglitter, thanks for the reply

well I'm now in full flow with another AF.....its so god damn heavy as well!! Imagine that....having 2 bloomin' periods in the one month ^bigbad^

:) The good news is that its not going to delay anything with the next ICSI :) 

My clinic reckon all the hormone injections from 1st ICSI in March have just confused  ^idiot^ my body so its not too sure what it should be doing, that along with the fact I'ev got endo!
I've still to go along on Tues for my prostap jab to start D/R! ^afro^ so its still all systems go for 2nd ICSI!!

I'm excited about starting again but cacking it incase it dont work this time round!!!!!  :-[
PMA....PMA....PMA...PMA....PMA....PMA!!!!!!  ^bigbad^ ;D

Glad you got stimming again & the polyp didnt cause you any probs!
Wishing you lots of luck for this TX, hope its 'the one' ^reiki^...let me know how you get on

Mrs R xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts