Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.  I have twin girls aged 4 months old (3 months adjusted), one of which seems to sleep an awful lot!  During the day she probably has about 3 hours sleep and is otherwise alert, playful and talkative.  She feeds well, taking between 7 and 10 oz in a feed and feeds approx 4/5 times a day.  She goes to bed at 7pm and will then sleep through until 8am!!! She weighs 13lb.  Is this too much sleep?  I don't currently, but should I wake her?

Her sister is on the same feeds (although a different milk as she is lactose intolerant).  She's a bit bigger than her sister at 15lb and has slept through for the past 3 weeks, but is now waking early in the morning.  It started a 5am and has got prgressively earlier and earlier, until it was around 3am.  She's also trying to eat everything but seems to be fussing with the bottle (bitting the teat!) although she doe's eventually take all her milk.  Yesterday I tried her with some baby rice at lunchtime and she took it all plus her usual bottle.  She then slept until 5.30am.  Does it sound like she's ready for rice?

Jo x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya jo

sleeping- I think she is fine with her sleep hun. Just leave her as she is into a nice settled routine. Well done

food- she may well be ready for baby rice but take it very slowly as the guidelines are 6 mths (formula fed baby's can start weaning at 17 weeks).

Playing with the teat is quite common esp if they have sore gums as they can chew quite hard on them. Plus its fun for them showing mummy how clever they are !!

Let me know how you get on

Jxxxx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there and thanks for your advice.  I've kept Evie on the lunchtime rice.  She seems to be feeding really well and gets all excited between mouthfuls!!  I'm mixing 30ml of milk with baby rice and she's taking all of it.  She's still waking at 3/4am though and now seems less interested in milk! She's cut her milk intake by about half. Should I push her to drink or give her more rice? 

Thanks again for your help.

Jo

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya Jo

Milk is still more important than food so you need to make sure she is having the milk she needs ie 2.5 x her weight

If she is having her milk then you can increase her solids...alternately use the rice as a means of getting more milk into her if you are struggling.

Does that make sense??

Im a bit  ^idiot^ today

jxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts