Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6 weeks today and just back from my scan... and head in a whirl. 2 weeks ago i had 3 blood tests that were a little disappointing in terms of doubling and my doctor said its likely 2 embryos implanted but one isn't continuing... so today at the 6 week scan we were over the moon to see 2 sacs. One was a good size and had a heartbeat. The other sac had a fetal pole but measured half the size of the other (baby 1: 0.21cm baby 2: 0.08cm). The sonographer said not to worry, its common that one twin is smaller and 6 weeks is early and we'd likely see the heartbeat in a few days... but then we saw our doctor and he just glanced at the image and notes and said one probably wont continue in a very casual way. I was shocked after what the sonographer said. I told him that there is a fetal pole and he said ok, come back for another scan next week. Want to stay positive but also wondering, is it false hope? It is ok that one baby is half the size of the other?
^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
74 Posts
hi maha

First congrats on your bfp  :)

Try and stay positive, when I had my first scan at this stage, we could see one sac with everything you would expect, and the other empty. I thought we were having a vanishing twin, but over the next couple of scans the second sac caught up....... to the point he is now outside playing in the snow with his daddy.

It is a very worrying time, but try and remain positive  ^reiki^

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much for your reply. What an amazing outcome... they really are our little miracles! My doctor did say i was losing a twin 10dpt when my HCG stopped doubling and today we saw the sac AND fetal pole so you're right, i should remain positive! ^reiki^

·
Registered
74 Posts
:)  Your welcome Maha

This journey is so  hard, I thought getting that bfp was hard enough, but that is just the start lol.... its all a roller coaster  ^idiot^ .
I am really  ^pray^  that your next scan is all that you want it to be, but once again hon, well done on your  ^BFP^  , try to enjoy every moment of it (in between the worrying  ^afro^ )

^hugme^  hugs to you and yours and lots of  ^reiki^ 's coming your way from me catch......

mimi27

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Maha,

Just had my scan today too. I am 7 weeks and found to have 2 heart beats, unfortunately one of  the twins is developing very slowly and is half the size and heartbeat not so strong.  Another scan next week but have been warned that it might not continue growing.  Fingers crossed, good luck for your next scan too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Maha and Lisatb

I was just thining about you both today....I really hope everything goes well for your scans this week.

^hugme^  mimi27

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks mimi27. My scan is tomorrow so praying my little one caught up!  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Lisatb - how are you doing?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hay Maha

I am  ^pray^  that all will go well for you.....I'll look out for your update....

I am sending you lots of  ^reiki^  vibes and  ^hugme^

Mimi27 x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So weird... i wrote a message yesterday and look today and its not there!

Basically i wrote to tell you that i had come back from my scan and baby1 had grown  and still had a good heartbeat... and baby2 had grown and had a heartbeat too!!! Baby 1 was at 154 beats per min n baby 2 130 - both within a good range for 7 weeks :) i am so relieived. as soon as the picture came up and i saw the 2 spots flickering i just started sobbing. Emotional wreck hahaha

How i have to wait 2 weeks till i see them again and God willing they keep going strong!  ^pray^

Now my head is full of so many questions lol... DH and i had planned an island get away in February since we havent had a holiday in 3 years. He needs dates and i don't know when/ if i'll be ok to travel! Seems to be completely different when you're carrying 2! With DD1 it was a case of getting through the first trimester and then everything was straight forward!

please remember my little ones in your prayers :)

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Maha  I am so pleased that your babies are fighting on, but it is must be so difficult going from week to week.

I would personally put your holiday plan on hold or not fly but only my personal thoughts.
Lx

·
Registered
74 Posts
How wonderful honey

I am so pleased for you and dh and big sis dd, what miracles those lil bubs are  :) ......Its lovely to see their little hearts flikering away after so much worry.....

Re travelling: My pg was not as smooth sailing so I missed out on two trips one to Cyprus and the other to Miami, but made up for it when the lil ones were born taking them to the states, carribean & spain. I think you need to speak with your clinic and mid wife to seek their advice. As if you have waited 3 years another 9 months or so is not that long to wait  ;)

Oh and I will hon keep your lil bubs in my prayers, once again CONGRATULATIONS on your twin  ^BFP^

^hugme^ Mimi27

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Maha - congratulations! I had a similar thing with my two. At 6 weeks only one heart beat, but by 7 weeks there were definitely 2. As you can see they are now 6.5 weeks old.

In terms of travelling, I flew to Spain when I was around 20 weeks pregnant and had no problems - although I did need a seat with extra leg room to get comfy and there are only 2 of those on the plane that pregnant travellers are allowed to sit in. It may be best to avoid long haul flights, but ask your GP or consultant.

Also, don't know if you have seen it yet, but there is a twins and multiples board http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=152.0 - it is a great place to ask questions and perhaps you can ask there about travelling. Also if you ever need it a company called Ravenhall risk (google them) does special travel insurance for twin mums as lots of ther policies won't cover multiple pregnancies post 24 weeks.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ for the rest of your pregnancy

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you for your replies  ^hugme^

Thanks karenanna - the twins, triplets page is very helpful! Congratulations on your little miracles... :D

Had such a horrible dream about my babies last night - woke up at dawn and couldn't get back to sleep!Praying the next 30+ weeks go smoothly  ^pray^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.