Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the site and two week wait. Am now in my second week (due to test on Friday 13th).

The first week I rested loads and felt quite positive but this week I seem to have gone to bits. One minute am worried because not really had any pains (apart from today a stab like feeling by my tummy button) and no bleeding whatsoever (does that mean they haven't implanted??) and next thinking well maybe its good news...... I have no idea!! Think I should feel something but I don't. I did a home pee preg test last Thursday but it showed negative..... have convinced myself it was too early. I think I will go mad before Friday.

Is there anyone else out there going through the same??

Love Jem. ??? ???

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Jem
Join the club. I have officially gone insane. If you've been reading the 2ww Fab Feb thread you can view my change from being positive in the first week, manic 1/2 way through to being totally negative and an emotional wreck - which is my current state ^zombie^ ^zombie^ ^zombie^
I am due to test on Friday 13th too (there are a few of us!) I too have had no bleeding and I am thinking no implantation too! I have not tested yet (but Ithink Thursday would have been too early ??? and so you would not have got a positive even if it was a positive...
I am totally with you 100% on your emotions. Just take each day at a time and keep posting and 'talking' on this site as it really does help.
I'll look out for you Jem ^thumbsup^
Jittery Jakex

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Jem,

I was in exactly the same boat, due to test on Friday 13th. (Have a read of my message on early testing). ET was on Fri 30th, I too did a HPT but on Fri 6th which was negative. Had slight dark discharge over the weekend and tested again on Mon 9th, this time it was a faint positive. I then retested again this morning (10th) and another positive. I have since phoned the hospital and been booked in for a scan although they have told me to retest on Saturday just to double check. So you could always try another test if you wanted.
As for not bleeding or having any discharge or anything, I was told that I may have spotting or discharge but not everybody does. As long as any spotting doesn't develop into a period.

Good Luck anyway (fingers crossed) and keep us posted on your result.

Dell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jake and Dell

It was soo nice to see the responses from you this am. At least I'm not the only one going in sane. I'm sure I can remember the saying Friday 13th lucky for some. Well done Dell it looks like you've got the thumbs up - congrats!

I don't think I'll do another test, will just sit it out til Friday now. I'll check out the 2ww Fab Feb Thread Jake - it sounds like our emotions are identical. Maybe we'll have pleasant surprises on Fri - good luck, let me know how it goes for you too.

Keep in touch guys!

Jem. ??? :( :-\ ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everyone
I am due to test on 19 Feb and, Jem, i feel exactly like you! I haven't coped well at all this time and actually posted earlier yesterday entitled "Positive Thinking" or lack of it! I keep getting little stabs of pain too and am convinced it's AF, but look at Dell's miracle - you just never know do you! I went out and spent for England today, but that thrill only lasted 10 minutes, now I'm left with a big credit card bill! Still, I don't care. I hope with all my heart you get the news you deserve on Friday... keep us posted won't you?
Best wishes.
JoE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JoE
Its nice to know someone else is feeling what I'm feeling. I'll have to read your note of yesterday. I went shopping yesterday and I too have a huge bill now - oh well it helped at the time. Thanks for your best wishes and hopes. The same goes for you on the 19th. Keep us posted.
Best wishes
Jem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Jem,

I'm only in the first week but I haven't had any pains or anything, my dh keeps asking me if i have had any twinges or anything, but unfortunately all I have had is a bit of wind!!!

Good luck for 13th!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Harriet,

Thanks for the note. What date do you test? My dh seems to think any twinge or feeling I get is positive while I think the opposite. How do they manage to remain so calm about the whole thing??

I had lots of wind in my first week and not much else so don't panic. Just keep yourself occupied (without over doing it) and be positive (I know its easier said than done). Is this your first time or have you been through it before??

Keep smiling
Jem.x.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all ok.

Jem & Jake only 1 day to go so a big GOOD LUCK to you both.

Joe & Harriet, hello to you two and a big GOOD LUCK for your tests.

With mine, I had what felt like niggly period pains (as I call it), the Mon after ET, I have had a few other little occasional twinges but other than that nothing until the discharge over the weekend (even then no twinges or anything) so try not to worry too much. This was our first attempt though so I don't know what is normally felt.

Bye for now anyway
Dell xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Jem
Just wanted to wish you well for testing. I'm only in the first week of 2ww and already am pratically certifiable! I think it's a good sign if you have made it to cd 28 myself - so heaps of luck for testing

Fee xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi ladies,

I'm on my 1st week of my dreaded 2ww.

Had ec Wed 4th Feb (10 eggs), because of previous attemps we were advise to try for blastocyst. I may also have the natural killer cells, so I'm on steriods and asprin too. Anyway, out of the 10 eggs 8 fertilisted, unfortunately only 1 reach blastocyst, which we had put back on Tuesday 10th Feb.

I've been down this 2ww road so many times now and believe me it gets no easier.... I am convinced it hasn't worked, as it has never done in the past, so why will it work now...... I'm trying to stay calm and relax but I seem to be doing the total opposite.

Sorry to gone on, but having a really bad day.

Thanks for listening

Tallulah
x

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Hi Tallulah
Sorry you are having a really bad day - this wait does get to you doesn't it? :-\ You're right, it does not get any easier. I spoke with Lisa from the Fab Feb 2ww board yesterday about thta the docs should give us girlies a knock-out drug that sends us off for a nice 2 week sleep and then we wake up with the result ^sleepy^ ^sleepy^ ^sleepy^ Much easier!
You have a great chance of it working this time. You have a really strong fighting blastocyst and steroids and aspirin. It will be different for you this time Tallulah. Hang in there ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Pop across to the Fab Feb 2ww and keep chatting ^Cuddle^
Love Jakex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tallulah,

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. I had two bad days (yesterday and the day before) and I know how difficult it is to pull yourself out of it but try try try to remain positive. I know you've had lots of goes but each time is a step nearer so maybe this is the one!

The thing that helped me out of it was reading Desperate for Pregnancy symptoms in Ladies in Waiting (2ww). About half way down on the second page there is a message from someone which was posted about a year ago but she got a positive result without any symptoms at all apart from some af pains (or what were similar to) through the second week.....

I guess what I'm trying to say is you just never know so don't beat yourself up too bad. I really hope it works for you. Fingers Crossed!!

I hope this has helped and not made it worse (sometimes what I say comes out all wrong!) ^Cuddle^

Jem.x. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks both of you for your kind words!!

Txxx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Tallula

I'm in the 2ww after my fourth icsi. My last one ended in a chemical pg.

I am trying to be hopefull but its very hard but on the other hand to have a baby is my dream and I know that one day I will hold my baby in my arm I just have to keep trying and hoping and it will happen.

I hope that you feel better today hun.

sending you lots of ++++ vibes

Luv

Babyg

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi, I have just found this site and think its fab.
Im an on my first IVF cycle,embryos put in on Mon 9th.
I don't know what to expect and am slowly going mad!!!
Good to read about everyone else and to know im not alone!

Good Luck all :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Emile,

Welcome...

Good luck with your 1st IVF cycle!

Unfortunatley none of us know what to expect whilst on the dreaded 2ww.... hang in there, you'll have good days (hours) and bad days (hours). This morning I was completely down with it all and this evening I'm more positive.... so except your head to be totally mess up for the next 2 weeks :p :p

Take care and good luck

Tx

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks Tullulah, you have cheered me up no end!

Emile x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Emile

Here is a link to a web page that one of our wonderfull ladies SueMJ found when she was in the 2ww last year. Hope is helps & good luck to you + + +

http://www.babymed.com/docs/english/21.asp

Love Amanda x x x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Morning everyone,

Hello to Emile - GOOD LUCK for your 2ww ^Cuddle^ Just take it easy and put your feet up as much as you can. You will get lots of support from here and at least we're all in the same boat.

Jem / Jake - Any news? Wishing you both the very best of luck. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love Dell xx

1 - 20 of 40 Posts