Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone can answer some questions i have.  I am day 11 of 2 ww following ivf and feeling very uncomfortable so much so that i rang my clinic told them of my symptom's and they said that just keep an eye on it today and tomorrow and see how i feel.  My symptoms are that i am really bloated from just under my bust to tummy area so much so that is i want to take a deep breath it isn't that easy.  I am uncomfortable when sleeping and i am constantly waking up to go to the toilet!!!!!

Is there anything i can do to feel a bit better?  I was worried as i suffer from pcos and they told me at the clinic although tx is finished i can still over stimulate?

Look forward to hearing any of your replies.

Datai

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Datai,

I'm just out of hospital yesterday after suffering from OHSS - day 10 I started with same symtoms & thought my tummy was gonna pop!! 
My clinic advised that it was a good sign & when I tested on the night of day 13 it was a  ^reiki^ - after that the pain was more bearable, but I was admitted with moderate OHSS & they kept an eye on my girth (isn't that what horses have!! Not sure if I'll get a waistline back!! ;D) & they did general checks & advised to drink & wee a minimum of 3 litres of fluid a day, which I did...
I'm home now & still feel like there is too much in my tummy for the space that I have but taking things easy this week..  Have heard that this could be a sign that there is more than 1 babe - at minute feel like there is at least 6!!
Take care & ring your clinic again if you feel breathless or are sick.
L x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear L

Thanks a million for that really appreciate you taking the timeout to give me a reply.  Pleased that someone else is having the same symptoms and that i am not hallucinating!!!!!!!!!  so u tested day what??? Cant bring myself to it because i don't want the negative.  I totally agree with you that i fell like there could be 6 in their?!  I am short of breath but not panting and have only felt nauseous once or twice maximum.

Good look with everything.  How far are you?
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWS. ::)

Best wishes
Datai

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Datai,
don't want to panic you hun but if you get any more short of breath than you are and have felt nauseous you should probably go to casualty.  You sound like you have OHSS.   

In the meantime drink masses of water - at least 3 litres through the day and night and go to the loo often.  Peeing alot is good, so although this is waking you up it will help.  Take the opportunity to drink something through the night when you're up. Also eat plenty of protein or drink milk/soya milk.

If you're in pain you can take paracetamol.

On the good side, OHSS at this stage of the 2ww can be a good sign of rising hormones.  But it can be dangerous, it can constrict your lungs, so please don't hesitate to go to casualty if your symptoms get even the slightest bit worse. 

Claire x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.