Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Please can you tell me if you think I should ask my consultant for more support with the progesterone side of things during my 2ww?

I was told to take a shot of Pregnyl the evening of ET (Sunday 8th of June for me) and one three days later (Tuesday 10th) Now, suddenly dawned on me that from Day 6 past EC onwards I won't have any support. Am panicking a bit coz everyone on FF it seems is taking bottie bombs, patches, pills or injections to help through this crucial and anxious time.

The nice homeopath I saw this morning recommended a rub on some wild yam cream and I have since checked it out on tinternet, but the scientific summary said no evidence to back it really works. Also would have to order it online as none locally - would try if you reckon worth a chance.

I would love some feedback if anyone can help. (By the way, to be fair on my consultant, I didn't bleed earlier than my test date last time but just desperate for any ideas to help make it a positive this time).

Love and babydust to all
x

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi there,

Just to say I was the same as you, the pregnyl short 36 hrs before EC and then another shot 24 hours after ET, I never had any other medication during my 2ww except told to take 75 mg of asprin which I did and it seems a lot of ladies don't have any other follow up tx just told to sit and wait. Rather than wondering why dont you give your clinic a call and ask them why you have not been given any cyclogest etc (botty bullets) - you will probably find your hormone levels were correct enough to not need any further treatment.

Just make sure you relax and take things easy - good luck.  ^pray^

Nacknick. xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

This sounds completely fine.

The HCG injection is completely different from the progesterone support.

The HCG injection, when taken during 2ww, "tricks" your body into thinking you're pregnant....so in turn this triggers your ovaries into producing your own natural progesterone so you don't need the additional progesterone support.

I'm assuming you'll have had a trigger injection prior to EC....then another on ET as you mentioned and then another 3 days later...so that's 3 shots in total.  The HCG can stay in your body for up to 14 days (if 10,000iu) so would be a little less for 2500iu but don't forget you're just topping up the HCG level and then this will stay in your body anyway....and will have triggered your ovaries to release progesterone.

Obviously if you have concerns then please do contact your consultant/clinic for peace of mind but sounds fine to me.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Nacknick and Natasha for the reassurance and good luck!  ^hugme^ Best wishes to you both and good luck with everything too.xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts