Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had e/c yesterday and was gutted to be told they only collected 6 eggs from 20+ follicles :(

I have no idea why this is but subsequently was not able to egg share which I am devastated about.
the embryologist said there may be a problem with my ovaries but as this is my first cycle she said it was all "trial and error"

just waitng for the call to say how many / if any fertilised overnight and im chewing my fingernails off as we speak.
has anyone had any similar experience
ive felt so positive all the way through this tx but its just starting to hit me now that actually it might not work :(
im trying to keep positive but suppose i just feel really bad that my recipient was at at home waiting to be told how may eggs she had to be then told there was not enough.
sorry about the ramble but im so confused and upset.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Hi hun could not read and run, i had 24 follies and only got eight eggs, but i did not see this as a bad thing because my consultant told me its quality not necessarily quantity.  five of mine fertilised hun.

I think you should just stay positive, i know easier said than done, but like i always say it only takes one.  Hopefully they will be big and juicy.  I am just on my 2ww and am on day 7, tearing my hair out.

Good luck and lots of  ^reiki^ vibes hun.

clare XXX  ^hugme^

G

·
Really sorry to hear about this - it must have been disappointing....but now it is time to concentrate on the embis! hope you get some good news today ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^.....You know when the time is right ask them more. If your follies were all over 16-18mm then they should have had a mature egg in them (if not - unlikely they would be mature and perhaps they did not look for any in those?)...or sometimes I believe ladies have ovaries that are v difficult to get to etc....either way you still have a fab number to work with ;) :)

xxx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your replies... the phone just rang and i nearly fell off the chair!!! but it was the acupuncturist confirming my appt for tomorrow before e/t ^pray^ (all being well)
my follicles ranged from 13mm up to 20mm but that was on my last scan, i went on to do one more shot of gonal f so nurse said the smaller ones should catch up.
its so diffcult as i have nothing to compare this with as its my first go.
If all goes well today i think I may start a diary as hopefully that may help to process my thoughts and feelings.
good luck in your 2ww clare... hope to be joining you soon!!! :)

UPDATE ; clinic just rang and out of the 5 eggs that were injected...4 have fertilised. having e/t tomorrow at 11.00 ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
JPH

Good luck for ET tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I'm glad the phone call was so positive  ;)

Emma xx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
It's quality not quantity!

I know it's a real shock when things start out looking so good and then BANG another spanner in the works.

If it's any consolation I only ever got a max of 3 eggs but they all fertilised and made grade 1 or 2 embies but they still didn't produce a BFP!

It really is impossible to tell what will happen from your resulting eggs/embryos - some people have loads and get a BFN, others just the one and it works! :-\

I guess there's still shed loads of "science" still to be done with ivf!

I know you feel bad for your donor too but we all know this is a risk & I'm sure she knows you didn't do it deliberately! ;)

Hang on in there and try and pick yourself up - everyone on here will be rooting for you & that helps! ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Jess xxx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I am also in my 2ww, day 7.  It is so hard to forget about it. :-\
I had 19 follicles, 6 eggs, only 5 of which were good enough to use. Phoned to find out all 5 had fertilised.  We were so happy because we could freeze some as I had not done very well on the drugs (1st cycle, so not sure what is normal - felt violently nauseous all through the 2 weeks on Gonal F and had alot of lower abdomen pain.  I really struggled to get through those weeks.  Just kept thinking about the goal!)
Went to the hospital to get the embryo transfer to be told only 2 were good enough to use. Really had no idea that might happen. :(
We are both 36 and we can't help thinking time is ticking. Had to go privately as NHS waiting list is 2 1/2 years long and was told we may be to old to get it on the NHS by the time we get to the top of the list.
You just need to remember why you are doing it! It is a rollercoaster.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi needabreak...
just read you re reply and gosh it sounds very similar to my situation...i thought for a minute there i was reading my diary entry!!! :)
Of the 20 follicles they got 6 eggs, 5 were injected with dh s sperm and of those 5, 4 fertilised.
Had e/t yesterday :eek: and was told that of the 4 which fertilised, there were only 2 that were good enough so to speak.
I would have loved a couple to freeze but am very grateful for the 2 that we have and am just concentrating on those.
am on day 2 of the 2ww (or 16 days to be exact!)
I wish you all the luck in the world ^pray^
jph

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi JPH,

Spooky similarities! I am also very grateful for the 2 that came through (or the cherubs as my husband calls them). After all it only takes 1! It is a very involved process!
Kick back and relax. I wish you the best of luck.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Let me know how it goes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts