Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1054 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for anyone having tx at BCRM in 2011 to help and support each other  :)

Sending you all lots of  ^reiki^  and  ^fairydust^  and I'm looking forward to all the new BCRM 2011 bumps and babes  ^babycrawl^

If any of you have any queries about tx and want to chat to people who have 'come out the other end' so to speak do feel free to pop over to the Bonkers Bristol Girls thread as we are always happy to give advice and additional support to you all  ^hugme^

Amanda xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Well I think I'll pop on and start this thread! Very exciting  ^banana^

I will be starting treatment in January for medicated IUI long protocol  :(  I would have preferred a short protocol but my last three short protocol cycles have been cancelled as my bloods were not right at the beginning of my periods  ^bigbad^

Anyhow, am going to give this a go but I have a HSG first on 5th January 11.  Should start d/r around 20th Jan.

Look forward to chatting to others cycling in the New Year.

Nat

x x x

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Oooh d/r on 20th - that's my Birthday and it's also the date I started d/r for the cycle when I "got" Daisy!!  Must be a good sign Nat!!

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi all

I start d/r 13th January (13 is a lucky no. for me so fingers crossed!!).

Good luck everyone and look forward to supporting each other  x x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Oh excellent Tilly!  That does sound like a good omen  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Canonlygetbetter1 -  welcome and good luck for 13th!  I saw your other post about d/r for such a long time and yes it is due to the slots available after the holiday period.  I was due to d/r for a month if I started in Dec but decided against it for that reason. 

Look forward to chatting more soon.

Nat

x x x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blimey - I'd better add on here as well!
This will be a natural frozen cycle with one in the freezer...odds aren't great I know but we haven't got far with great odds - so maybe the lower the better for me!
We're now 2 x fresh, 1 x frozen and 1 x cancelled cycle down the line...I'm running out of body parts to cross!
Was feeling incredibly low about it - but the arrival of a little Cocker Spaniel puppy named Ella into our lives has caused all sorts of happy chaos over Xmas!

Lots of love (and woofs!) for a successful 2011...

Michellexxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome Michelle and congrats on your new puppy.

I was particularly down the other day and out dog (greyhound) greeted me so excited when I arrived from work that he cheered me up no end. They are great company and such good fun!  :)

All the best for a great 2011 x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had already posted to you Nat just now but I think it didn't work - doh - still getting used to this chat malarkey!

I phoned BCRM today and luckily they brough it forward a bit so still start tabs on 13th but hopefully start injections end of Jan (providing that AF has arrived!)  ;D Will be great to share the experience with you and the others and motivate each other.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on alcohol? Obviously I'm going tee total completely and have had very little over Xmas (and in the last few months) but I was thinking about whether to have a couple of tipples tomorrow night (NYE)  -  what does everyone think??  I'm talking about a couple of glasses of red wine only...I expect everyone has different views?

Lou x

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello everyone, can I join you too?

I've phoned the clinic today and I think I'll be starting D/R on 12th January, but for 4 horrible weeks due to the shortage of appointments. I was tempted to delay a month but they said they couldn't guarantee it would be any different. I hate the first bit - always get so tired and cranky, it will be a long month for DH.  ;D

Sorry - only just joining and already I'm moaning. Promise not to be a moaning minnie all the time!

As for alcohol - you put me to shame Lou. I've had a couple of glasses of wine most nights over Christmas and will probably do the same tomorrow, although plan to drive which will stop me going mad. I keep trying to tell myself that it's as important to stay relaxed during the process! I will give up after tomorrow though, and will start behaving myself again.  :)

Hope you all have a great night tomorrow, with or without a drink!

Christine
xx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Christine

Yes I agree that it's important to relax too and my DH keeps reminding me of that. Reading the BCRM literature, they don't say you have to give up completely, though I will after tonight. I certainly won't be going mad, just a couple to see in the New Year with my family and friends  ;D

And this IS going to be a good new year!  ;D

You'll be starting right near me. Well done for starting it again. Oh and your daughter is gorgeous.

Have a good one
Lou x

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just want to wish you all good luck as you start your cycles.
I completed my first ICSI cycle at BCRM with 2 blastocysts on 30 Nov 2010. On 10th Dec we got a positive preg result and at our first scan on New Years Eve found it was twins. I'm 41 years old.
I never realised how draining (both physically and mentally) an IVF cycle was but stay positive and try not to worry at every single stage like I did.
To start with I had raised estrogen levels with the injections and possibility of cancelling but it came back down and everything went ahead OK. My partner had real difficulties giving his sample on the big day with stage fright and took over 2 hours but got there in the end. I then got mild OHSS after the transfer and bloated with a 12lb weight gain in 3 days.
It really is a rollercoaster but stick with it, stay positive and keep everything crossed.
It's still early days for us and I'm worrying like hell so do as i say and not as I do but good luck.
Hugs x

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ah LucyPie, thanks for thinking of us, and huge congratulations on the double BFP.  :)

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I hope it all goes really smoothly for you. You must be so excited. With a bit of luck we won't be far behind you!

Just being nosey - did you get loads of embies? I'm just jealous that you got blasts to go back!

Christine
xx

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi, me again!

Lou - did you have a good night last night?  Did you allow yourself a drink? 
Sometimes I find just pouring one and having it there is sufficient - I don't always bother drinking it! Not always the case though!

I went to a lovely dinner party hosted by a friend whose 40th birthday was today, so a double celebration. We've known each other since our student days, but last night was very civilised compared to the old days!

Thanks for the DD compliment - it's her birthday on Monday, so our celebrations are ongoing.

Michelle, I think we kind of met during our last treatment, I'm sorry to see you're having to go again too.

I'm still in two minds whether to go this month or next month - I hate having the extended d/r bit. BCRM boast about having no waiting list, but is this just because people are ridiculously long treatment cycles?!  ;D  Really I just want to get on with it though, but I'm so overweight now I wonder if I might have more luck if I loose a bit of weight first. Of course I could try and do both at once - that's probably the right answer. Sorry - thinking out loud, someone tell me what to do!

Christine
x

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was really lucky and had 26 eggs retrieved. 19 of which fertilised. 14 of them continued growing so decided to try for blastocysts. Had 2 grade 5AAs to put back in and we had one left to freeze.
The whole team at BCRM and Lansdowne in Cheltenham were incredibly supportive and couldn't fault them so you're in safe hands.
Good luck Christine x

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wow - I have 'egg envy.'  ;D

Thanks for that - so glad it worked for you.

I'll be happy if I get 2 good embies to go back, have to keep reminding myself it's about quality rather than quantity!

Christine
x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello everyone and a very happy New Year to you all - it's going to be a good one!  ^reiki^

Christine - yes I had a lovely night thanks, did have alcohol but didn't go mad. We went to my sister's house with some family and friends and had a curry night with a bit of fireworks and a quick dance in the kitchen before taxi picked me and DH up at 1am  :)

Your night sounded fun too.

You'll be busy organising for your little girls Birthday tomorrow then. It's our first wedding anniversary tomorrow so we're going back to the hotel we got married in for a meal and staying overnight - also a good excuse to take a week off work on leave, think we'll do it every year now - quite nice taking the time off when everyone's going back!!  ;D

I can't really advise about the DR decision etc. as I've never been through it before and now I'm worrying that mine is going to be too quick and AF won't show on time etc. etc. - I seem to be worrying about everything. I think they squeezed me in as there's been lots of delays with me getting this far - long story!  Let us know what you decide.

Michelle - how's it going with the new puppy? We took our dog to Sidmouth today, he absolutely loved it, he just runs and runs on the beach and loves the freedom, it's a joy to see!

Congratulations Lucypie - you have given me hope and your news and the timing is just wonderful, what a lovely start to the new year  :)

How are you doing Nat and what is a HSG? (excuse my ignorance!).

I hope you are all well and feeling positive - I'm trying to!  ;D

Chat again soon,
Lou x x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Happy New Year Girls,

Sorry have been absent but we've had friends down over new year with their 2 girls, so 4 adults and 3 children all under the age of 2.5  ::) ::)

I had some alcohol right up to last night, not a great deal but enough to be sociable but from today none at all!

My AF arrived on Friday so rang the clinic and we are in and start 18th Jan with norethisterone.

Lucypie - what wonderful news and many congratulations on your pregnancy - you must be over the moon.

Lou - a HSG is like a hycosy - so getting my tubes flushed out but with a HSG you also get an x-ray of your uterus (I think!)  I had a hycosy 5 years ago and it was all clear but back then we had issues with DH's sperm.  After chatting with our consultant we thought this might be worth doing again just in case things have changed and to hopefully increase our chances naturally when we try in between our IUI cycles.  Apparently you are at your most fertile for the 6 months after having one and as we are in the unexplained category now, it's worth a try  ;)

Christine - hope you have a lovely day tomorrow celebrating your daughter's birthday - let us know how it all went  :)

Michelle - hi - your new puppy sounds gorgeous.  :)

Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  coming everyones way.  Chat more tomorrow - off to continue tackling getting the house back in order and the mountains of washing and ironing.

Nat

x x x

·
Registered
136 Posts
  Hi Ladies!

Do you mind if I join you? I started my first lot of treatment on New years eve and my sniffers today. They don't taste too special do they? Was really good on NYE and didnt have anything to drink but that is because im really not too bothered by it and I have a stinker of a cold!

I have been trying to find out today what the best things to eat and drink are during treatment tohelp increase chances..... seems to be lots of water and milk. I go to weight watchers so my diet isnt too bad..... apart from the tube of minsterals i bought in Sainsburys today .... they were redued to 30p..... was rude not to. Did get the eye roll off of mum though!

Do or did any of you get cramping pains as soon as you started treatment? Felt as if my AF was coming on the first day of taking tablets!? Im probably just looking into it too much.

Anyway I have a very hungery sausage dog that wants his tea so best see to him and let you all get on.

Will be great to get to know you all.

Best wishes and luck to you all  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just popping on to wish you all a very happy new year, I hope all your dreams come true in 2011  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Welcome to Beckycools  :)  The best advice I can offer would be to be as healthy with your diet as possible, get some exercise, drinks lots of water and don't make any radical changes

Chris have you decided whether you are going to go this month or wait?

Nat great news you've got a start date. Are you doing SP or LP this time?

Lou an HCG is when they check your tubes for any blockages  ;) 

Michelle aw how wonderful to have a new puppy. My dog was so great for me when i was going through my tx. Having a wet nose shoved in your face and the offer of a toy is a great distraction from all the stresses tx brings and she had many long walks then too  ::)

Amanda xx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Happy new year all!
Well - rather glad xmas is all over to be honest - now keen to get on and move forward!
Things going well with the puppy - am on ** (pm for my name if you want to add me) and she is my profile picture! I stopped the commenty bit - as I got worried people might make a baby comment (and we haven't told everyone) but feel free to be a friend - then you can see her!

She is a total menace - I swear she thinks she is an Alsatian trapped in the body of a 12 week old Spaniel...she totally showed me up at the vets today - she ran in - got so excited to be there she promptly urinated on the floor - before leaping on a 2year old child and head-butting a cat...we have to go to our first puppy class there next Wed - I can see us not being allowed back...

She has been an utter joy though - and indeed a lovely distraction to IVF...
I'm currently waiting (40days and still counting...) for my period to arrive post IVF negative cycle - so I can go ahead and have a natural FET...fingers - and indeed legs (he he!) crossed!!!

I'm hoping for much luck to come your way - think you all have earned it!

Best wishes and dog snogs...

Michelle

1 - 20 of 1054 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.