Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^pray^
Hi guys, Been scanning the net today for some support as I'm not getting any at the moment from the hospital. Been off work with immense endo pain,flooding etc for last 3 days and I'm due to pick up the down regulation drugs on 8/5/08 to start self funded ivf. Just feel that everything is goin wrong before I start and its overshadowing the excitement that I WANT 2 b feeling right now b4 the ivf begins. Found out the day after we committed to Ivf that I'm being made redundant from work and, as a result, my endo pains just getting worse as I'm worried how I'm gonna pay back the money we've loaned to do it . I really wanted a support groups phone number or website address but haven't even been pointed in the right direction by the consultant - he didn't look at me once during our last consultation and we timed how long that meeting was - 3 MINUTES!!!SO ANGRY!!! £100 for 3 Min's work, not bad eh?? I'm defo in the wrong job. We were given a pack of stuff to read but Ive got most of my info from the net re: ivf procedure etc. don't know what drugs are for what, symptoms to expect etc-can any1 help me?? Ive just read this back and I'm sounding like a right moaner but I'm scared and angry and fed up and if I changed what Ive just typed then I'm not telling u whats in my heart or my head and that would be a cop-out i feel. Ive got the best partner ever and hes so excited to start the ivf but I'm not in that place because I worry in-case it doesn't work that I'll be left feeling worse than ever. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can face the procedure and obtain the tools to stay strong if it doesn't work?? Thank u so much for taking the time to read my moaning and i really would be grateful for any tips. Next time, I promise to be more positive.

Love, Em x

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi em,
        I just wanted to say  ^hello^ and welcome to the ff site. you've defo come to the right place for help and advice. I'm so sorry that your having such a rough time with it all at the mo. What awful timing to be losing your job. I'm sure a moderator will be along soon to leave you some helpful links etc.

Have you asked if your clinic has a counselor, as i know ours does...just a thought hun.

Take care
            Jackie

G

·
Sorry to har that you are worried - you're right, you should be excited. I am sorry your consultant was so awful (that really is bad BTW)....also if they work within the HFEA guidelines like they are meent to, they MUST offer you counselling....so call them back and ask again?...it is yuor right as a paying person ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

xxx

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hi Em,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site  ^hugme^.  You have come to the right place for support and advice.  Good luck with evrything.

Emma
x x x x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Em, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am so sorry your consultant has not been more supportive. ^hugme^
What a lot of worry you are facing right now. I do hope you can work things out and figure out a way of affording your treatment.

For an idea of what is involved with the IVF process, chec out this link:

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month (May/June for you) and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And if you haven't already read this:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Endo ~ CLICK HERE
And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Remember that you have now found the BEST place on the net to support you through the whole infertility rollercoaster. You will get loads of fab supoprt here. Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship.
Sorry to hear you are being made redundent  ^hugme^ this is the last thing you need at this time. I dont know much about IVF so cant help you in that repsect but just wanted to wish you good luck and i hope you get you long awaited BFP!

Be sure to check out the links Caz left you  :)

Nikki xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.