Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for reassurance/advice about the next stage.  I dropped off a 21 week pregnancy scan report to ARGC yesterday and reception said that Mr Taranassi probably won't look at it yet until I have my full blood count taken, which would have been in 2 weeks time as I'm still taking Clexane.  However, today I received a phone call from ARGC saying that they're happy with the scan report and I need to go in next week to repeat my immune and FBC as I've had 3 IVIG's.  Once the results have come through the nurse said I will be issued with a report to give to my midwife.  Various receptionists have told me previously that I'll be on Clexane until at least 28 weeks, though I've been told now that Mr Tarnassi likes to keep you on Clexane longer now. 

I'm most probably panicking now but as the nurse mentioned that a report will be issued to the midwife, to me it sounds like I will be coming off the medication and signed off from ARGC and I feel like I still need to be on the Clexane.  Has anybody been through this?

Many thanks

Ali

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Ali,
Congratulations!
Yes, I went through the same and was advised to stay on Clexane until 34 weeks (which I did) despite being 'signed off' from ARGC. You need to stop it before the baby(ies) are due as if having a c-section it could cause extra bleeding due to thinned blood
Good Luck!
Jane
xxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jane

Many thanks for your reply.

After you were 'signed off' from ARGC who prescribed Clexane for you and did you still need to be monitored for the FBC tests?  I've got my first appointment with my consultant next week as my GP wants me to be consultant-led and just trying to get an idea what may happen.  Also worried that the consultant might not agree that I need Clexane, as they've all got their own ideas and already faced the negative NKC issue prior to going to ARGC for treatment. 

Many thanks.

Ali

PS.  Your twins are gorgeous. 

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Thanks Ali!
ARGC prescribed the clexane, they got me enough to get me through. My consultant (Mr Naftalin at the Portland) was happy for me to continue with it and when I transferred at 32 weeks (after Mr N. packed in private obstetrics) my new guy, Mr Mascarenhas (at St Thomas's) was OK with it too. They didn't get me in for FBC's any more though, as anything the consultants require, they do themselves.
Jane
xxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jane

Many thanks for your reply.  You've put my mind at rest.  Just need to wait and see my consultant's reaction is on Tuesday.

Many thanks.

Ali x

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Ali

Just to reassure you, my consultant didn't agree with me being on Clexane and so I asked ARGC to write a letter to explain why I was on it.  After he'd seen the letter he was fine about it, even though he did grumble a bit that he still didn't agree  ^idiot^

Take Care
Nikki
x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Nikki

Thanks for your reply.  I saw my consultant today and he was asking questions why I was on the Clexane.  Not too sure if he agrees with the treatment yet, but he's going to write to Mr T to explain why I'm on the Clexane and request results of my blood clotting and full blood count tests.  Not too sure what to do if he disagrees, but I'll have to wait and see what his reaction his. 

Ali

1 - 7 of 7 Posts