Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all well im at my wits end...i had ivf icsi and was alucky girl first time round and got a bfp..however they discoverd at about 5 weeks i have fibroids(two) one in the anterior and one further in..anyway at 13 weeks i had badpain in my lower left side  then it eased and now its back with avengaence...well im assuming it that...my midwife sent me to hospital for them to check me over ...and they treated me like i was making all this pain up....its becoming unbearalbe...its worse when i  been up and about on my feet...i am taking paracetomol but its not helping much...im having a private scan tomorrwo to see if everything ok with baby cos the hospital just didnt want to know...just wondering if any of you been through similar thing and if you could take any thing to ease the pain or what advise you have had....i am having accupuncture have all the way through from the beginning of ivf treatment..but this pain is gettingme down..any help or advise or a place to look....i know i am glad to be pregnant but this pain is getting unbearable...
many thanks  girls love baileypippin xx

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congratulations on your bfp.

I can't really help I'm afraid as I've not experienced fibroids with pregnancy (yet anyway, fingers crossed!) but you have my every sympathy with the pain. My fibroids gave me so much pain in the past that no pain killers came close to touching it. For a bit of natural relief I have a really strong chamomile tea - it also helps with sleep and the emotional side of things too. Can you have hot water bottles when you're pg - hotties really help sooth the pain. I did think about looking into a tens machine at one point too - you could hold onto yours and use it when you're in labour as well!

I'm really surprised at your hospitals attitude, people that I've heard about with fibroids are monitored closely to check the baby is ok - hopefully they're not concerned about you because the position of your fibroids isn't a problems, rather than it being because they're inept  - but I think you're doing the right thing checking with the private scan.

Fibroids really are the devils work and I hope you get some respite from the pain soon.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I wondered if Reflexology might be better than acupuncture? My reflexologist can turn pain off like a switch! If you know a good one, maybe sh could help you?

I'm really sorry to hear of your discomfort, but I am so glad that your pgcy is progressing well otherwise...

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Baileypippin

I realise that its some time since you posted but I felt that I might be able to help.  I am on my second pregnancy with fibroids and I know where you are coming from on the pain.  I am convinced that baby's learn to play football by using the fibroids to kick and tweak when they get bored.

I didnt get told this in my first pregnancy but it can work (well sometimes).  If my baby was sitting or I thought it was playing with the fibroid I get the ache that you describe.  Moving around can help.  Antenatal Pilate's worked quite well.  But what I do ( and it sounds a bit cruel) is to shift the baby off the problem.  If you drink an ice cold glass of water very quickly you will get the baby to move within about 20 mins.  Its what the midwifes sometimes tell you to do if they dont see any movement on the scan. Sometimes it is enough to change the baby's position and can help relieve the ache for a while.

You have my sympathies on the pain it does grind you down and leaves you feeling very low despite the fact that you are so grateful to be pregnant.  I felt the ache less as the pregnancy progressed.  I dont know your medical history but if you have adhesions from previous surgery (I had lots from my c section and myomectomies) or endo that could also be contributing.  Once again, as my pregnancies progressed and the adhesions stretched or broke I felt the pain less - possibly because by about 28 weeks with me back ache took over.....Adhesions wouldn't show up on a scan.

Its lovely to be expecting a baby, and I know I am truly blessed,  but there are draw backs so dont beat yourself up about feeling low because you are in pain.  My pregnancy isnt going fantastically well either.  I am caught between being thrilled to bits to be pregnant and really p***ed of because of the body changes and physical discomfort.  I always say to people that I wanted a baby.  I wasnt wanting to be pregnant - they are two very different things.......

Good luck

Peestick 31 weeks and counting.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi girls i just wanted to say thankyou all for replying...its nice to know im not just makin ghte pain up...been trying a few suggestions and for now touch wood the pain has subsided a little...had a private scan and you can see wehre the bigger fibroid is and babys head resting right on it and i also went to see the doctor cos my bladder close by too so i have had some anitiobiotics just in case bladder is inflammed too...anyway been doing lots of reading of these fibroids.....i know im blessed to be pregnant just so painfull at times...will keep you posted how im doing..once again thanks for taking the time and giving me the support love baileypippin xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.