Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I had my 28 scan on Thurs, one twin was 2lb 9oz  (average) and the other one was  only 1lb 15 oz  (the very lower end of the scale) my consultant mentioned that the blood flow from the placenta wasn't as good as it should be with the smaller twin.  He was lovely and told me not to panic, but its obviously hard not to.  I am going to have weekly scans and maybe even 2 weekly. 
Anyone have any similar, positive stories.
Thanks Tannie

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi love ^hugme^ Not been in a similar position but wanted to say if it is safer for the smaller twin to be delivered, 28 weeks plus is a very good gestation. Mine were born at 28 weeks and are strapping 3 year olds now! Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does please, please don't worry as they'll be fine xxxx

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Slinkyfish.
Just praying that she has put on some weight by the next scan on Friday, as at the moment her size is more like a 25-26 weeks old.
Cheers Tannie

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hopefully she will have hun  ^pray^  Scans do tend to be unreliable when estimating weights, both mine were above their estimated weights. Plus if they do decide to deliver early you will have time for steroid jabs to help their lungs which make all the difference. Just shout if you need anything. Hopefully things will all be OK and they'll both stay put ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Mungo,
I had similar problem with slow growth around 28 weeks, DD1 was 1lb 11oz at 26 weeks and 1lb 13oz at 28 weeks. I had steroids, growth scans every 2 weeks & blood flow dopplers and heart monitoring twice a week and despite them talking about delivering at 30 weeks her growth did pick up and I had them at 38 weeks.
We visited the special care unit when early delivery was a possibility and that made me feel a lot better about them being born early.
It's good that they're monitoring you closely and hope that the next scan shows good growth  ^pray^  ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts