Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'v not been on this site for about 6 months since my last neg cycle. I am going for my baseline scan on the 12th July then its on the rollercoaster again. I had a operation in March to have my one remaining tube clipped as i had read this can give off bad fluid a damamged tube, and effect the embies once implanted, so heres hoping all goes well this time and i get my dream.

Wishing all you girls the best of luck and we will get our dream one day please god.

Luv Maureen (mouk)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Maureen

Hope you are over the operation - things get back to normal very quickly don't they.

I wanted to wish you all the best for this treatment!

Love lulu xx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
maureen

im wishing you all the luck in the world hun i hope and pray this is a bfp for you im here for you always goodluck

love always lilly xxx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Mouk,

Glad to hear that you are on the rollercoaster again. We have had 2 failed attempts and it doesn't get any easier.

I hope that the base scan went well and there are no more delays for you.

Good luck!

With love from,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Girls,

Thanks for your wishes and i wish each and everyone on this site the best of luck too.

Lilly i pray for you everyday hen that things work out for you too life has been tough for you xxx

My baseline scan went well girls and i started inj yesterday the 25th, i go back to the hospital on the 12th August to see if my linning is ready to go ahead with the other inj. I wish more than anything else in the world this is it this time and i won't nee to go through this again, and i wish that for all of you.

Love Maureen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Maureen,

I have my fingers crossed for. Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Thinking of you

Pauline.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks girls for your good wishes, i will post on Thur and let you know how it went hopefully onto the inj for my wee eggs.

lots of love Maureen xxx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Girls,
Just to let you all know i started my inj yesterday for my follicles, i'm so happy everythng is going according to plan.
Hope all you girls are well and tx is going good for you all.

Luv Maureen. xxxx

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had 1st IVF back in Jan/Feb 2005, BFN  :'( :'(,  Felt so low for weeks afterwards,became very with drawn, didn't want to see friends, family etc, especially friends with young children, was very tearful for weeks and have only recently started socializing again and feel much stronger.  Have discussed with DH to have 2nd treatment in Aug/Sept 05, but I am so cautious of doing so, because if it doesn't work I don't think I can go through the emotional roller coaster again!!

Has anyone had a positive on their 2nd treatment of IVF, particularly with the Sussex Fertility clinic, Southampton??

Hope to receive a response!!

Little. ^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi little

i'm sure lots of ladies have got a bfp on thier second attempt hun. i know what you mean about not being able to take the emotional side of tx though :'(

good luck  ^reiki^

pam xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had my 1st ivf aug 2003 and just had my second ivf and had a positive.

Dont give up hope.  Be positive.

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, i'm sure there's is a huge amount of woman successful on there second treatment, the very best of luck to you.

Vix, i was chatting to you on another thread, re,hairdressing and stress. Congratulations, you got a  BFP!!! I hope you are taking it easy now. Keep those feet of yours up as much as poss!!! Let somebody else pull there weight a bit(there's always one who get away with dossing!!!) At least make sure you get plenty of breaks in between clients. Look after yourself.

Your giving us all an extra bit of hope.

Little, i hope you didn't think i was being inconsiderate there. I may be starting my first IVF treatment soon and i'm very nervous about it but i think its the likes of Vix's story that gives us all hope. Sending you lots of baby dust

Lilly xxx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Little!

I know how you feel cos I had my first IVF in April/May and have just had a negative result.

I do feel really low and I understand how you can become withdrawn as a way of self preservation.  I do exactly the same. 

After my dissappointment I have decided to push myself.  I am training hard in the gym which has helped me finally sleep a whole night without waking up.  I have changed my diet and after 5 days of this, I am feeling a whole lot different.

I have my review in 2 weeks with the consultant and I am aiming to lose 2 stone before my next treatment.  I am like you a bit afraid of my next go at IVF as I worry I will sink down low again.  It is such an emotional rollercoaster (to coin a phrase) and I took off sick from work.  The next time, now I know what is involved I will just continue to work and try not to let it become the most important thing in my life (even though it is).  I try to tell myself that I have to try, I have to go along this path even though it may not turn out the right thing for me, but I will know I have tried at least.  Then I can turn to something else.  At the risk of sounding religious, I do believe that maybe God has put me on this path and although I don't understand it now, some day, it will all fall into place.  I can't help feeling there is a child out there somewhere waiting for me and d/h and I will find it, even if I have to go to China.  The adoption agencies won't touch us while we are going through IVF.

So lets be positive Little, try to understand this is a journey for all of us.  We must accept it and some day something will happen and you will understand.

I am not an overly religious person and I have just read what I just wrote to you.  I hope you don't feel I am pushing religion.  It is the only way I can make sense of my life, Little, and I just want you to feel the same.  Of course I have times when I could just lie down and cry, but  remember this is the journey.

All my love and I hope I have helped in some way.  I feel so useless, but I can honestly tell you I know how you feel.

Shi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hay you all

Shi - When I read your letter it felt like I wrote it, as u feel exactly the way I feel.
Our first IVF attempt failed same time than yours.  Am going in Mid-June for FET (if the embies survived the frost).
Good luck to you - i will hold thumbs.
I feel positive but afraid to be positive.

Love
Zabka

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Little,

We had our 1st IVF & tested 4th April & it was a BFN & we both were heartbroken, it took a long time to get over "that one" & look forward to the next IVF (in a funny sort of way!), everyday I think about when I will become a Mummy & WHY it's not happening (like we all do) & so hope & wish it works on our next IVF, starting soon. I wish you lots of luck with your 2nd attempt.

You have to keep telling yourself to keep going & we will get there. I could cry everyday & do sometimes but we have to fight this.

Take Care

Love Lisa xxx :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi everybody,, :-\

i had the ivf treatement for the first time last year in April, and to my shock and horror it worked (although i was very unwell after they put the eggs back), but it didnt last long and i miscarried at around 9 weeks into my pregnancy.  i started to bleed very badly. :-

it was pretty awful.  i still feel the pain in my stomach today.  if all had been ok the baby would have arrived xmas 2004.....  im going to be contacting the hospital this week to get started in july/aug.im sooo scared and very worried about it.  i have two frozen eggs left (as the hsoptial destroyed 10 of them by mistake) its a long story....

please pray for me and hubby that it goes ok and i will pray for you guys..  its just such a testing time, there is no description to say how one feels...

lots of lve and best wishes to all.. ::)
may god bless us all

babysmile
x :'(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dear Babysmile,
Thank you for replying to my post, so sorry to hear your sad news  ^rain^, IVF etc is so draining, both mentally and physically, I have never had a positive in years of trying for a baby , but to have a +p, and then have it ripped away from you must be devastating, couples that conceive naturally with no problems just don't realise how lucky and blessed they are.

I was astounded to read that your hospital destroyed 10 of your eggs by mistake!! ?  But I wish you all the success in the world with the remaining two, and hope you get another positive!!

I have gained strength from fertitilty friends, especially when I have hit rock bottom emotionally, it is a testing time but we have to try and remain positive and picture that baby!!

Very best wishes to you and DH
Little  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi

Just seen this board..

Little – I can’t tell you of anyone specifically from your area that
Has had a BFP on their second attempt but there are lots and lots
Of people on here all over the country who have…but I know how you
Feel and believe it or not it is still early days for you..

We had our first tx sept/oct last year after waiting for a couple of
Years to get the go ahead cos of various gynea ops…, which resulted
In a BFN

I don’t think I realised just how badly I was affected until recently..
My mum died Dec 2003 and I knew I wanted to get the anniversary
Of her passing out of the way before embarking on more tx .  But over the
Xmas period with my mum’s anniversary and our failure I went into a deep
Depression which lasted well into January.  I then had an horrendous
Followup appointment which made me realise I was not strong enough to
Attempt another tx for a while and as we wanted to change clinics we
put off our second attempt until after our wedding in April.  I am 42 and
very conscious that time is a commodity I have very little off, but I knew I
still knew I was not ready to do another tx…. ...

Anyway I ploughed ahead with wedding plans and started to enjoy myself again,
The next tx was far enough in the distance for me not to think about it, but then
When my AF arrived the day after we came back from honeymoon,  I was
devastated to be thrown into this all over again, anyway following a monitored
Cycle and hysterscopy which were ok, my AF has now arrived today again so if my FSH is low enough I start our second tx tomorrow and I am terrified.

Terrified of another failure, resentful that I have found a bit of peace and normality
Again and was actually enjoying my life and now I am about to embark on something
That could bring me back to a place I don’t want to go…But time is against me and I
Know that if the outcome is the same I survived it last time and I will survive it this time.  But IVF is our only chance so if I don’t do it I will always wonder ‘what if’ and I can’t live with that

Just take comfort, as I do that everything you are feeling is normal.  There are people who seem to be able to go from one tx after another, its not that it doesn’t affect them cos I am sure it does, but they either aren’t allowing themselves to think how it has affected them or they feel they must be ‘doing something’ and keep going cos that’s their way of coping.  There is no wrong way….

So all I would say is enjoy the time you and your DH have now and carry on doing what you are doing, don’t worry about what you are going to feel two/three months down the line, cos you can’t predict that  The only way to survive this is to have a bit of ‘normality’ in between. 

And when you get to August September if you’re ready go for it, even if you feel a little apprehensive its only natural.  If you’re really not ready then talk to your DH and put it off a little longer

I wish you and everyone on here luck for the future

Take care

Croc 

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi i just wanted to say hello to everyone...ive been given my date to start 2nd IVF...hopefully this time will be a BFP....fingers crossed.....

Just wondering if anyone else is due to start soon?  I posted on cycle buddies but thought i would ask here.

Ive started to be obsessive about my next tx... its driving me  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ sometimes I wish i didnt have internet access......

alsxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Thats Good news
^fingerscrossed^ for your next IVF to be A ^BFP^ 

1 - 20 of 110 Posts