Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone

For the last couple of weeks but I have not coped very well with our chemical pregnancy in March and have shut myself away. It hasn't helped that my DH has Crohns disease and as a result of the stress of the chem preg he has had a serious flare up and has been quite poorly (stress and upset is the worst thing for Crohns sufferers). Anyway, I have been very down as a result of these things and the only happiness I have had lately is my gorgeous little man - at 2 and a half he keeps me occupied!

However, I have been thinking about my fertility history lately and am wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts please?

In August 2004 we had our 1st egg donor ivf, after being diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure and trying a few courses of Clomid (which had no effect at all!) - this resulted in a Chemical Pregnancy. In 2005 we had our 2nd ED Ivf, which thankfully resulted in our precious little boy. Then as you know we had our 3rd ED Ivf (Reprofit) which although resulted in a BFN I am fairly sure that it may have implanted early on and then fell away as I had quite strong pregnancy symptoms (same as James' pregnancy and same as the chemical in March) - even though by the time I used a hpt it showed negative. Then in March we had the chemical (following FET). My thought is - even though I have had James - could I have an immune issue? I have read that some ladies have Gestone injections (as opposed to Cyclogest) - could this help? Or Asprin?

Any help would be great - and I am so so so sorry about the me post but I am getting really down about it all at the moment.

Take care Mandellen xxxx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hi Mandellen.  Saw your post and wanted to say how sorry I am.  We have a miracle son as well thanks to ivf, and like you, we've had issues trying again.  First attempt last year (FET) was a chemical pregnancy as well, and then the next 3 were BFN (2 FETs, 1 IVF).  Also, I had ulcerative colitis as a teen so I really sympthize with your dh.  So I know what you're going through with it not happening the second time around.

I also questioned the immue thing and guess it depends on your clinic if they'll test for it.  In my case, our last clinic didn't test as they didn't believe in it, however, my dr did put me on immune meds the last fet attempt (but didnt' make a difference).

We've since switched clinics and this dr did lots of testing on me and found issues....infection and suspected endometriosis since he saw lots of inflammation.  Also, dh did a DNA fragmentation test and he had issues.  So with me, it's hard for an embryo to implant, and for dh, its likely that our embryo stopped growing due to the fragmenation.

Have you and dh been thoroughly tested?  Obviously neither of us had these issuse first time around as our first ivf worked.

Sending you lots of good luck.  I know the longing for a sibling for your little boy and to expand your family.

PS - There is an immue board over here you can check out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.