Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking everywhere to see if anyone has had a second child using donor sperm. I have been told I can't have IUI with the original donor as there isn't enough - they can offer me IVF but very reluctant when I've been told I don't need it! I'd be paying just to get the same father for 2 children. Would you do this or just have IUI with a new donor? I feel my son would prefer a full sibling or am I protecting my needs onto him? 馃槙

Registered
Is it the cost of IVF v IUI which is worrying you? If so have you considered egg sharing?聽 It could well be the invasiveness of IVF which is totally understandable. You never know the first IUI could work first time but I would talk it through with the counsellor at the clinic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been told I'm too old to donate eggs - was more than happy to! Seeing doc on 28th to talk through options x

Registered
Hi there,

Do you have vials reserved from the same donor?聽 I reserved 15 (I think!) vials following my first bfp and went on to have another two children using most of those.聽 They were all conceived via IUI.

NM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts