Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Crumbs............I cannot believe I have just been told off for typing in Capitals!! Had a personal message saying members get annoyed as it looks like I am shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??????????

I have had a lovely day, now I wish I had never logged on!

May just start personal messaging you and Tracey then I can't offend anyone!

My scan went well thanks Sue, it was wonderful in fact, They have decided I am due a week earlier that they thought which means the IUI had nothing to do with conception!! We conceived natually!! So I am over 13 weeks now!! Not 12 as we thought  ^idiot^ We are over the moon and the midwife said "They will sack my consultant" ha ha  ;) haven't been able to get the hanger out of my mouth, now I feel really fed up getting that
message  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope you had a lovely time with your friend and the dogs.  Glad you are having great weather our weather has been really ropey, continuous rain.

Will get off now Sue, and de-stress............How can capital letters be shouting WHO CAN HEAR IT!! How can it offend?!

Oh well, will probably get struck off after this OUTBURST! Hormones don't help!

Take care and still rooting for you my friend, good luck and will be in touch tomorrow, only, via personal message!!  ^bigbad^

Good Night, Sleep Tight x ^hugme^x

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good afternoon Nik

That is soooo funny you got told off again ;D ;D.  You want to watch you don't get asked to leave the site ;D.

That is fantastic news that you conceived naturally.  Glad to hear everything is going ok.  Yesterday was the first day I really felt like I was pregnant.  I had to go shopping and only made it to 2 shops before I was exhausted.  By the time I had been to the other two I was so tired I didn't know what to do with myself.  I have a hospital appointment on Monday at 815 so hopefully everything will go well and they will finaly be able to cnfirm one way or another.

I can't believe that is Tracey's holiday over with already.  It seems to of flown past.  We are definately coming back to England in August.  I can't wait.  I feel really homesick at the moment and could cry every two seconds ^idiot^.

I am going to go and make some lunch now as I am starving.

Have a nice weekend,
Lots of love
Sue
xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Sue,

Oh getting tired round shops, I can hear you in me! I said those things remember?  Oh I reckon you most deffo are now.  I didn't want to get tooo excited but you just must be....I can't wait to you press the BFP symbol!  I'm really sorry to hear you are  :'(, I spose your hormones don't help....does chocolate?  ;) You ought to send me your email adddress just in case I do get struck off ^bigbad^  I would love to send you my scan picture to see what you think or will that make you feel sad, I don't want to do that.  If you do I can email you it.

Have spent most of the day food shopping, thats how much I eat these days!  Then we sat in the garden with some friends, who have just left so we are chilling before I stick the BBQ on.  Whatever you do, if you are pg, don't do silly dancing! I just did and something felt like it poked me inside, as if to say Don't!! Crumbs I am embarassing the baby before it's even born!!  ;D ;D

I can't wait til your appointment Monday, can you let me know soonest...I can't stand the suspence, even my bestest friend Zena has asked after you!!  ^hugme^

We have a bank holiday monday, have you? SO a nice long weekend.

Will get off now Sue and I hope you feel a little brighter, try and look on the bright side, you may have your dh away but you could have part of him growing in your little tummy! What a thought eh? Leave you with that lovely thought, hey Britains' Got Tallent, That will cheer you up  ;)

Lots of love Nik xx  ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Nik,

How was your BBQ?  I would love to see your scan picture.  I will pm you my email address. 

I haven't done much today.  I made a card for a friend but that is about it.  I am so nervous about my appointment tomorrow I am just trying to do things to take my mind off of it.  At least it is first thing in the morning so I won't have to wait all day.  I was reading on a website that at 5 weeks the dr would see an empty sac which is what they saw when I went the other week which would of been at my 5 week point so hopefully things are ticking along nicely.  I can't wait till I can be all excited ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Last Thursday was a bank holiday for us so I have been off since then.  Unfortunately we don't get the same holidays as in England.  The weather is glorious over here so it would of been nice to be off tomorrow too.

I am going to go and read my book on the balcony.
Have a nice day
Lots of love
Sue
xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Sue,

My fingers and everything are crossed for you tomorrow.  I hope we get the news we have all been waiting for, I can't wait.  Let us know the good news soonest so we can start pressing the BFP symbol!! Tracey should be home tomorrow so you'll have your whole support network back  :) so that will be great.

That sounded lovely sitting on your balcony reading your book, very civilised!

Hope you had a lovely sunny day, our day was a bit overcast, we went out for lunch which was nice.  I am tired now so will be away.  I have sent you the scan picture (one of them) via your hotmail.

Lots of love Nik and very good luck for tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good morning,

I have just got back from the hospital and they still can not tell if I am pregnant or not.  It is still too early :'( :'( :'(.  They took blood to check my HCG levels and I have to go back on Thursday morning when no doubt they will want some more then.  They did say my endometrium is high which is a good sign and still no af.

I am so fed up with being prodded and poked.  I just wish Michael was here :-[ :'( :-[ :'(.

Speak to you later.
Lots of love
Sue
xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh blooming hell Sue!!

Why is nothing ever straight forward, I was so disappointed that you didn't have a positive YES to share with us.  You must be at witts end! Poor you, I am so sorry it isn't going smoothly for you.  It just shows how ignorant I am I just thought, you were either pg or not, but it's obviously not as easy as that.  The good news is you still have no af so it not over yet and I can't hear you singing!  Will still keep  ^pray^ing for your both.

We have had friends here all day so I couldn't get on the internet, they have gone now so I can put my feet up shortly  :) Had another bbq Chicken Kebabs Mmmmm with salad and jackets then a fresh cream slice  ^pig^ I said to DH when can I have another cream cake without it looking like I'm greedy!! I'm just a hog face! Ha ha

Tracey if you are home, WELCOME BACK!! Hope you are ok and have had a lovely time.  You haven't missed anything, only me getting told off again!! Read the threads!

Will get get off ladies, my eyes are closing, think I sat in the sun too long today, it's made me feel tired, that and the entertaining all day!

Take care and chin up Sue we are all rooting and  ^pray^ing for you both.

Lots of love and a big  ^hugme^ Nik x x ps did you see the scan?!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello girls!

Real quickie as shattered and want to have a bath!

Had fab holiday - will bore you all about it later ;D Got home about 4.30 today and since then have been unpacking, sorting out washing and going through all the Post and emails arghhhh feel like I need another holiday now!

Just spent the last half hour reading through this thread - oh my god I'm on the edge of my seat. Sue - it does sound like it's good news, but you poor thing - what a roller coaster - but all worth it if you get a BFP.

Nik - naughty naughty!!! Glad you've sorted out your botty problems ;D

Right need to get clean and get to my bed......

lots of love, will respond properly tomorrow. Got my first lot of acupuncture tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Morning Ladies,

Welcome Home Tracey!!  :) Glad you had a wonderful time. It's what you needed eh?

You've come home to glorious weather, we've had a real run of it since about Friday I think.  I always feel like another holiday once I've sorted the mail, washing etc...!

Well same ol same ol this end, I'm growing and Sue doesn't know if she's coming or going poor thing  :mad:

DH off for three weeks now, he's building a log cabin in the back garden, then the long awaited windows arrive Friday, then we go on our jolly hols for a week. So all good this end. Good for me anyway, I'm just the "can lad" and the sitter in the gardener person!!  ;D

Hope the acupuncture goes well and its the jump start your refreshed body needs.  You could have popped by for a cuppa, but its like steptoes yard in the garden and dh shouting out orders here and there!!  ^bigbad^ We will have that gathering though and I look forward to that day, Oh and if you come over in the summer Sue, we can all gather.

Well I will get off, I am waiting to take delivery of a load of 9mm ply! Which is winging its way from Norfolk, dh at B & Q!!

Take care ladies, sorry its all a bit boring my end!  :-\

Lots of love and good to have you back Tracey.

Nik xx  ^gossip^ ^Cuddle^ xx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good evening girlies,

And welcome home Tracey.  We missed you loads ^hugme^.  Glad to hear you are all nice and relaxed.  How did your acupuncture session go?  You haven't missed much apart from my catastrophie of am or aren't I!!!!  I am back to the hospital tomorrow to find out my HCG levels and I assume they will take some more blood unless the first one is a complete disaster.  I am not holding out much hope for it being anything but a negative.  Although my af still hasn't arrived which has to be a positive start!!!!

Nik how are you today?  I got your scan picture thanks.  It is really clear.  Not sure how people decide who it looks like though ;D ;D.  My dh managed to phone yesterday which was really good although he was gutted when I told him I still don't know.  How did your sunbathing session go today?  The weather here is glorious and it is suppose to get hotter.  We are definately coming over in August so we must arrange to all meet.  I am feeling really homesick so I asked dh if we could come home instead of going camping.  I bet you can't wait for your holiday.  Not long now.

I shall let you both know how it goes tomorrow.  My appointment is at 0745 so I will have to get up extra early ^bigbad^.
Have a nice evening
Lots of love
Sue
xxxx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi ladies,

Not good news I'm afraid.  My dr said the blood results did not detect a pregnancy.  He did a scan and said my endometrium is very high and that he could see a cyst on my ovary which could be from a pregnancy and it is just too early to be showing up.  I have to wait for my af and if it doesn't arrive then go back again in 2 weeks.  So we are still none the wiser :'( :'( :'(.  I have had some niggling in my tummy today so I think my af will arrive within the next few days.  It is due a week on Monday anyway.  Hopefully it won't arrive until then which means we will be able to do our 3rd cycle before dh ahs to go away again.  Otherwise we will have to wait another 6 weeks.  I have made an appointment with my gp for next week to get my referral started for IVF.

Hope you are both well today.
Lots of love
Sue
xxx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi

Oh Sue - so sorry to hear  ^hugme^, you take care of yourself. I feel so awful you knowing you're on your own - when is your DH due back?

Nik - hope you're taking it easy, must be nice having your DH around for a few weeks - even if he is doing Mr DIYer! When do you go on hols? Ar this rate you'll have a lovley tan before you go. ;D

Sorry on the run again - just got back from seeing a friend, and stayed later than intended so now chasing my tail! I will respond properly tomorrrow but just wanted Sue to know I'm thinking about her.

Lots of love and  ^Cuddle^ to you both
xxxxxxxx   

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Girls,

Sorry for being neglectful, have been at work today, cool shower and straight to my friends.  Was dreading posting anyhow as I feel so bad for you Sue.  I really am so sorry.  I feel terrible for keeping so possitive and encoraging you so much just to get a no!  Sorry.  Like I said in earlier posts, your time will come (promise) x

Love to you Tracey, I hope your voodoo day was nice and relaxing and all good comes out of that  ^pray^

Will get off I am dead on my feet. So a danish pastry, a cuppa and bed for me.

Good Night God Bless xx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello girls

Sorry for being so neglectful but seem to have been ultra busy (doing what I don't know!!!)

Sue - how are you feeling? When's your DH due home?

Nik - Bet you're excited about your holiday, have you had to buy an entire new holiday wardrobe to encompass your growing tummy?!!!

Our holiday was so lovely - we did lots of hiking (much more than I planned) and very little r and r - but too be honest it was just what we needed. We both put the whole IVF thing to the back of our minds for 2 weeks and acted like normal! I drank, indulged in any foods I fancied (basically everything!!) and did lots of things. It was a great escape, and definitley now feel ready to face IVF!

A lot of the time we were in the Indian reserves (weird places!) but they have this really cute silhouette figure on everything, we found out it was their fertility symbol so my sweet DH brought me a throw with it all over it so i could wrap myself up in it!!! My be  tad hot for the 2ww though!

Survived my first lot of acupuncture - not sure what I make of it. Nik sorry I didn't;t arrange to see you but I didn't know until the day I got home form hols when my appointment was going to be. I'm back this Tuesday (this time in Ingatestone) but need to rush back. But hopefully we will get our cake and cuppa at some stage! I was surprised by how sore some of the acc. points were. Really weird some stung, some were itchy and others absolutely nothing. She said I may feel exhausted afterwards or full of energy - but too be honest I didn't notice anything!!

Just about to order my drugs ofr IVF - horribly expensive but not quite as much as we feared. My AF is due 20/21 May so everything kicks off thereafter.

Isn't this weather fantastic. Sue - is it nice in Germany too? Can't believe I was so good on holiday and slathered myself in lotion (I'm sure I came home whiter than when I went!) got back spent a day gardening - didn't bother with lotion and needless to say went beetroot like!!!

Had a good weekend catching up with friends and tackling the weeding! Had friends over for dinner Saturday which was lovely, scrummy puds too, even if I say so myself!

A meet up in August would be so good - Sue when are you likely to be the UK?

Right need to dash into Chelmsford to get some dog food so best be off.

Hope you're both okay.

Lots of love, T
xxxxx

PS Tell I've been gone for  long time I've forgotten to use all the piccies....so will scatter some in now....... ^reiki^ ^shake^ ^afro^ ^fairydust^ ^party^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^......that's better!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Ladies

How are you both doing?  The weather here is fantastic.  I have a long weekend this week so don't go back to work till tomorrow.  I haven't really been doing much.  Just lounging around in the sun.

My af still hasn't arrived so I am trying to stay positive.  It is due next Sunday/Monday so hopefully it won't show and things could be looking good ^reiki^ ^reiki^.  I don't feel like my af is coming but I don't feel pregnant either so not too sure what to think.  I had a good old cry Thursday night and got the feeling sorry for myself part out of the way.  Now I just wish I would know either way.  I have made a appointment with my gp to start the IVF referral but I think I might cancel it and wait till dh is home.

Tracey sounds like you need another holiday to recover from all the running around ;D ;D.  My dh is home 2 weeks on Wednesday.  He has been on excercise for the last week and won't finish it for another 2 weeks so I haven't been able to speak to him much.  He has managed to phone twice for a couple of minutes but I don't know if or when he will be able to ring again in the next 2 weeks.  I think that has been the hardest thing.  I have really been on my own this time going to the hospital and haven't even been able to talk to him about it.  When he comes home he is only here for 2 weeks then he is away again for 6 weeks and I don't think I will get to speak to him then either because he is out in the jungle :'(.  Are you nervous about starting IVF?  How many goes will you get?  We get 3 attempts paid for by the Army.  I just hope we don't have to go that far ^pray^.

Nik when do you go on holiday?  Don't feel guilty.  The game isn't over yet.  My af still has to arrive and it could just be far too early to tell.  I could be as early as 3 weeks pregnant so the hospital really wouldn't see anything.  I did one test which was a very clear positive so we just have to wait and see.

We should be in England around the 9th August.  I really can't wait.  We haven't been back since January so I am really excited.

Hope you both have a nice day.
Lots of love
Sue
xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Ladies, no time no speak, sorry. Had quite a busy few days of it with ne thing and another and work!

Everyone sounds possitive and happy so thats great! Pleased about that. 
I had the long awaited news I had been waiting for yesterday.. I am low risk for Downs etc....I was worried sick so worried sick. My Aunty had a Down Syndrome baby 15 years ago (still born) so it does stick with you somehwhat. So can just enjoy getting fat now with a bit less worry.

Tracey your holiday sounded like just what the doctor ordered so great about that, you sound full of beans and good luck with your treatment, that goes without saying! Hey, my friend I met at the Clinic was 42 and she happened to mention to her GP about the medicine she required for IVF and he kindly put it on an NHS prescription so is it worth asking?? She saved a real lot of money, so I told my other little mate who is 41 and she got hers too! One lady lives in Basildon, the other, Benfleet.  Worth a try Tracey?  ^idiot^

August sounds good for a catch up, my Birthday is 17th, not sure what pregnant fatties do on their Birthday....perhaps just eat a bit more than usual, if that's at all possible!!  ;D ^pig^

Sue, how's it going any news or still this awful waiting game.  I do feel for you and dread logging on at the moment if the truth be known.  I just want you all to get a BFP then we can worry about other stuff together because girls...the worrying doesn't stop, My Mum still worries! And my Nan told my Mum "To watch the road" when My Mum was 54 once!! HA HA bless her heart!

Well my dh is whistling me to help in the garden fetch this, fetch that so I ought to hop off.  Our windows are getting fitted on Thursday I can't wait, we still the old wooden council ones that are yukky.  SO we are so excited, DH was going to fit them but for the little it will cost to get 4 gys in to blast it it was worth it.

We are off on Tuesday early doors, have I told you dh's parents have only booked the same time as us as a surprise for the Dad's Birthday! I am livid absolutely livid  :mad: :mad: This was our last holiday together til god knows when, now we have the parents who just rub me up the wrong way tagging along Arrrggghhhh  :mad:

Will go now have lovely days, Tracey any questions about the drugs etc.. let me know and I can ask my friends.

Lots of love N xx  ^Bubble Gum^

·
Registered
201 Posts
Helloooo

Hope you're both well today.

Oh Sue - it's just such an odd place to be isn't it? Not quite sure which way to think....well until AF arrives there is always hope. :)
It must be so difficult not having your Dh around to support you.

Brilliant about you coming back to England in August - we definitely must all meet up, here's hoping we've all got something to celebrate by then ^reiki^

Nik - sounds like you're on the run at the moment. Fantastic news about your results, you must be so relieved. Just makes you realise what Sue and I are going through at the moment is just the start of the process......the worrying doesn't stop.

Thanks for the advice about the drugs but alas to late - I've ordered the stuff as I need it for next Monday (just in case AF arrives on time!). Also we haven't gone through our Dr's at all - I find the NHS such hard work we chose to bypass them, so really can't imagine them helping us and we haven't got the time to mess around waiting for them. But would have been nice to save that expense though......

I can't believe about you Dh's parents - how inconsiderate, but I'm sure without too much effort you can manage to lose them once you're there ;)

I Had my second lot of Acc.today. i told her I don't feel anything after the last time - she said she's always gentle first time round but now she knew I was hardy would go for it....any boy did she!!!! There was 2 points on my leg where I yelped in pain, and they really ached afterwards. Don't know if I feel any different...felt very chilled today but that may be because my life feels very chilled at the moment ;D

Now it's getting close I'm not as nervous about the IVF - I'm really excited and just want to get started. Not sure how many goes we'll have. We're self funding and time isn't on our side but I can't contemplate giving up :)

Right DH is now in (healthy git just been out for a run!!!) so need to do him some dinner.

Have good evenings....

Love and hugs
xx xx

PS Nik I'm in Ingatestone next Monday morning - but assume you'll be getting ready for your holiday, but if not do you want to meet, or is that too scary?!!! ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just wanted to clarify,typing in capital letters is understood to be shouting.

When I see posts typed out all in capital letters,I send a polite PM asking members to please not to do it.

I am always polite,I treat people how I like to be treated,and to read the post that was made about it was not very nice and rather uncalled for.

I would rather the member had replied to my pm rather than posting about it on the boards.

If anyone has any concerns regarding this matter then please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and I'm sorry to post about it on the boards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.