Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get a few cycle buddies along the way. Went to the clinic yesterday and managed to pursuade them to let me get going for my 2nd attempt. Started a/f on Saturday so starting my first round of drugs on day 19 and then sniffing on day 21. looking to do ec/et at the end of August.

Decided not to take it to extremes this time around, last time I ate organic, did not drink or touch caffeine, had accupunture, took loads of vitamins and listened to relaxation tapes. goes to show its luck in this game, hoping 2nd time around I will be more lucky.

I have blocked tubes and slight endo, my partner has small problem with sperm so ICSI best option.

Looking forward to doing another cycle having already done one. The only tough time for me was the 2ww then I thought I was going to go bananas. This time should be in america so at least it will take my mind of it all....I hope!!

Hope to hear from anyone else starting soon.

Gina :)[flash=200,200][/flash]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gina when was your first attempt at ICSI, did they give you any reasons as to why it failed, I start ICSI for the first time in August, I am stratimg to get a wee bit excited, however I dont want to build my hopes up. Where are you from, what age are you and your hubby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kerryanne,

I had my first lot of ICSI back in May, they gave no reason other than I was unlucky. The whole thing had gone great, I had 9 eggs out of these 8 fertilised with ICSI, which was good apparantly. Then 2 embryos were implanted. Just not meant to be I suppose!. I am definately a little excited as it feels easier the 2nd time around.
I am from Somerset and go to the Bristol Repro.
When do you start your drugs etc?

Gina

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gina

I was told by my clinic that there was only a 30% success rate.....

I am starting my first ICSI Aug/Sept so i don't quite know what to expect.....but i suppose if this percentage is correct, although it's important to be positive i think it's also important to be realistic.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative !

How do you approach it ?

Any advice would be great !

Sarz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HiSarz,
I know it is very hard not to think that a womens first IVF attempt will produce a child. You are right to be realistic, 30% do get pregnant and that is as much if not more than any normal women has if she conceives naturally. We are so expectant as we have to go through so much. Alot of women say you must stay as positive as possible throughout the whole IVF process and I found that until the 2ww I was fine. The 2ww was the worst and I don't reckon anyone could go through it without worrying etc. May I ask why you have to go through IVF, I have blocked tubes and mild endo.

Try to enjoy the experience, easier said then done I know I felt that even though I went through all the sniffing and injecting, I was part of a close nit community that only a few of us understand and it was nice for a short while to feel part of it all. When it fails you lose the friendships that you get from these kinds of boards and part of me felt excited that I could go back and talk once again to people like yourself.

I truely hope that your exprience is as text book as my last one but that you are one of the lucky ones. We all have a chance.

Sending you lots of babydust

Gina

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all, though i'd put a quick post up as i'm dangling between july/august/september!

Waiting for a/f, hopefully cysts gone (goto be scanned on day 1 - ^help^ - don't like that bit!)

Then i can start again on day 21 injecting, abandoned last time cause of huge cysts.

Good luck to you all & ^spot^

Zoe x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gina

I'm having ICSI due to my husbands low sperm count and low mobility......

Thanks for the advice - i shall remain positively realistic !

Good luck all ! I have to call the clinic when my period arrives in August.......

Sarz ;D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all, just to let you know i am here! ::)

Nothing to report ~ how boring eh!

Zoe ^sunny^

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI Guys, Sorry to be thick here but zoe how did you get the email icon and also the explanation at the bottom of your message. :) ???

Gina

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there,
I'm too going to start 2nd ICSI in August. Did our first one in May again everything went well untill the test date. Didn't get any reasons why, just sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
Looking forward to starting now hopefully around the mid to end though and definately the 2ww is the hardest you seriously cannot stop thinking about anything else can you?
My husband has low sperm count and motility.
Take care jo p :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Julie where do you come from, what clinic are you using.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Mornin all, i trust we are well?

Gina ~ you get icons etc when you click on profile at top and fill it in.

Let me know if you have any probs.

Still waiting for a/f so i can be scanned and start stabbin again - hopefully!

I'm here half day today anyway ^jumpin^

Zoe x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jo the 2ww is awful, I thought I would cope but on my last cycle I went from elation to hell in the space of a day and nothing helped. I was at the cinema and all I could think about was the embryo's. I am so much hoping that this time will be easier!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zoe, you say you are waiting for a/f so you can be scaned and then start injecting......do you not have to sniff. What treatment do you follow. Thanks for the tips re the profile, am goin to try it....
Gina

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all ^sunny^

Gina - well last attempt i did sniff but that was different clinic, and didn't respond very well, but since being at NHS hospital they said there is a shotage of it and found the response better with injections.

I started stabbing on day 21 of cycle and was scanned on day 14 from that, thats when they found 3 huge cysts and abandoned cycle, that was 34 days ago, getting very impatient now ^furious^

Hope you getting on ok?

Zoe x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Zoe, Sorry for not geting back sooner. My computer couldn't bring up the ff message board!! Very annoying. How is your cycle now?
Gina

·
Registered
847 Posts
(i have posted this on other aug/sept board)

Mornin all, well you will be as glad as me to hear "i think a/f on her way!" ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^

I had some spottin y/day and a bit light today, and i called hospital on friday who agreed to scan me today, i called this morn to say i think a/f here and she said oh well we'll scan you anyway - fingers crossed em cysts gone!

I will post when i get back (appt at 12:15) hope everyone else is getting on just fine x x x x

Zoe x

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ok so good or bad news first.................................

Good news ~ cysts have gone! ^jumpin^^jumpin^^jumpin^^jumpin^

Bad news ~ not booked in til Dec 4th as clinic full! just my rotten luck! ^furious^

But i will start injecting around end of September, so that doesn't seem too bad ^cool^

So now i don't really know which board to plant myself on???

Good luck to all of you x x x

Zoe x

Ok so good or bad news first.................................

Good news ~ cysts have gone!

Bad news ~ not booked in til Dec 4th as clinic full! just my rotten luck!

But i will start injecting around end of September, so that doesn't seem too bad

Zoe x

Bad news ~ not booked in til Dec 4th as clinic full! just my rotten luck!

But i will start injecting around end of September, so that doesn't seem too bad

Zoe x

·
Registered
847 Posts
Christ what happened there ???

Sorry!

Zoe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good Luck Zoe, glad to hear about those cysts.
All the best in December, hopefuly you will get a wonderful xmas pressie.
Gina

1 - 20 of 22 Posts