Lucy Lou ^baby2^ EDD 05/02/06

Please welcome

Edna ^baby2^ EDD 06/02/06
Olwen ^baby2^ EDD 06/02/06
LisaH ^baby2^ EDD 06/02/06

·
Registered
905 Posts
Val - people have always got things to say on your size while pregnant, as well as what sex they think it is. I wouldn't worry about it, I think it's just a way of sounding interested.

Tink - I only made it to one antenatal class last time as Daisy came early, but it was sooooo bad, after 2 and a half hours (!!!!!) we made our excuses and left. She didn't tell us anything that we didn't know already, and gave us advice such as .... make up lots of frozen meals in advance, so that your husband doesn't go hungry once the baby is born!! I haven't been to NCT classes, but from what I've heard some of them are ok.

Becky - you must be disappointed with the furniture! The best piece of furniture we bought was from Ikea - a change table that has a chest of drawers underneath, and it's been brilliant.

Clare - hope you're feeling better after your ordeal.

Steph - ahhhhhh, baby names... we want something that is simple, everyone knows it, but is not too common. We went onto an American baby name website and there's some interesting ones there, but unfortunately they sound like they're guests on the Jerry Springer show. My nephews have both got very far-out names, and I really worry for them as being a teacher I know how horrible other kids can be.

Well, it's our anniversary today and my lovely dh has bought me the most brilliant pair of under-the-bump maternity jeans. They're made by a brand called 'noppies' and they are just sooooo comfy and sooooo soft. He's a star! I, on the other hand, have bought him nothing as I haven't been out the house so I now feel really mean!

Hope everyone is ok.

Tam xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi everyone, can I join you?  I cant actually believe I've made it over here and am suddenly feeling all shy as I was only just beginning to feel really confident with my 1st trimester status ;D ;D  Wow, 2nd trimester..... eeeeeekkk :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Special hello to all the London Girls, April/May Angels, the other December Snowflake (you know who you are!!), and a couple of Lister Girls I've met before!  Nice to see you all here and looking forward to getting to know the rest of you.

Bye for now,
Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Olwen!!

Scary isn't it coming over - I'm just getting to know the girls on here, and in about 3 weeks I'll be off to big school!!!!

It's a fast moving board, so good luck keeping up (I can't)!!!

When is your 20 week scan booked for?  Time will drag until then, and after that it seems to fly by.

Kim
xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Olwen honey !!!!  Nice to see you on another board!  bet you never thought you'd get here....  ;)    I'm nearing the top of the list now, it goes so fast......

On bump comments, I agree with  Tam, people say stuff to sound interested.  I don't take it personally.  I have been predicted to be having a boy and a girl, and some have told me twins (!!) and been told I'm huge, I'm average, I've grown loads, etc etc.  I'm just liking the attention, I used to think I'd never have a bump for people to comment on..  :(

I've booked onto NCT classes, mine are with about 8 couples (DP freaked but has now got over himself).  All my friends who have been on them said you just have to take them with a pinch of a salt when they go on about epidurals being EVIL  ^evil^ and bottle feeding is even more EVIL  ^evil^ ^evil^ .  But the network of friends you get is great and you just have to remain strong and refuse to feel guilt-ridden about not having a totally natural birth if it doesn't happen that way. 

Clare, ooh, scary, hope you're feeling better now.

Caro, you must be so relieved.  Good news.

The only thing I'll say about baby names (cause you never know who you can offend!!) is that my mum (an ex teacher) and my SIL (a teacher) say you should think carefully before giving a child a virtue as a name - eg Patience, or Chastity - as they usually end up completely the opposite!!  ;D ;D ;D

Going for acupuncture today, to try and sort out my carpal tunnel thing. It's waking me up all the time and my hands just feel so horrible and arthritic all the time.  It's the only thing that's getting me down, otherwise I'm loving pregnancy!! 

By the way Marmite  ^cat^ says hi to all her fans!!  purr purr

Baby kicking like mad, I think it must be the cinnamon bagel and marmalade I just fed it.....

Claire xxx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Girls,

I can't believe I havent posted for soooo long!!! The time has gone really quickly, I'm halfway there!!

Things have been OK with me, I've had a few pregnancy problems which is one of the reasons why I havent been posting (I've still been logging on to catch up though). I'm still getting the brownish discharge now and again which still sends me into a complete panic, saw the midwife last week and she says not to worry (easier said than done!), she confirmed for me thats its either the cervical errosion that was diagnosed at 15 weeks or when my period would normally of been due, either way its nothing to worry about. I see a few of you have had similar scares, I know how you all feel!

Went back to work last Monday after having nearly a month off, I had holiday booked anyway and then my doctor signed me off for 2 weeks as I've got anemia and as I work nights she didnt think it was a good idea for me to go in, I wasnt complaining it was nice to have a bit of a rest! I've decided to take my maternity leave earlier though, this baby is sooo wanted and I wouldnt want to risk anything, so my last day is October 6th, which is only just under 10 weeks away!! Yipeee!! I can't wait!

Still suffering with the constipation and trapped wind, but whats new, I'm used to it now, even if it is painful sometimes, it woke me up 5 times last night!!

I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow, I'm nervous and excited, just hoping that everything will be OK, and we'll definately find out the sex, I'm not very good at surprises!!

Sorry its a me post, but just thought I'd catch up with you all
Take care
Amanda xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Amanda - Good luck for your scan tomorrow.  Sorry to hear that you're still having problems  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  My constipation cleared up after I'd finished the Cyclogest.  I'm having orange juice every day & Weetabix for brekkie.  That's got quite a lot of fibre in it.  Hope everything goes ok tomorrow!!!

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi again,

Kim- thanks for the welcome.  I'll do my best to keep up with the thread.  Now we've had the 12 week scan and everything seems fine, my dh is off home to Cuba for almost a month so I'll have plenty of time to be on here posting ^gossip^  My 20 week scan isnt until 21st September - an age away!! 

Claire - hello!!  Nice to see you here too although you'll be heading off to the 3rd tri soon - just when I've caught up with you ;D ;D

Amanda - good luck for your scan tomorrow!!!  How exciting!!  Wish I was having mine soon (only just had the 12 week one a few days ago ;D ;D )

Hi to everyone else,
Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind if I join you.

Finding it hard to believe I'm here and that Small is doing well. Its really starting to feel real to me now and I'm starting to feel a bit more secure in the pregnancy.

We've just started telling people which has been great as they've all been so positive (particularly those who know we've had problems). The only big hurdle left is work. My boss if off for a fortnight just when I want to announce this so I've got to wait until I'm 15 weeks. I've already got a bump so its a damn good job that I'm off to Edinburgh for 10 days otherwise I'm not sure how I'd hide it.  :)

Tam, have a very good anniversary. Sounds like your present from DH was so thoughtful.

Lol to everyone.

Edna

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all,

No longer feel paranoid about lack of bump (for now!) as had scan today.

I was convinced that Beany was a girl.......wrong............very definitely a boy!! The first thing Sonographer said was his bladder is full and needing emptied! Mmmmm, didn't need to know that bit  ::) ! At first he was sucking his thumb but then she started laughing and said look where his hands are now............. yup girls, before they are even born they are protecting their crown jewels  ^roflmao^! Has the boy no shame?  :-[
He then tried to get his foot in his mouth but didn't quite succeed. She did wonder if the kicks were sore yet as you should have seen the definition of his calf muscle, oh well, obviously got that bit to look forward to  ;D!

Although I had just booked a basic scan she checked for all fingers and toes, heart chambers, spine and internal organs. Then she showed us in 4D and gave us a picture of that and also put the 4d stuff onto DVD, all free of charge! Think it was cause she knew he was a very special little boy. She put on some music to record onto the DVD and the first song that came on was the one DH and I had for our first wedding dance, it seemed so significant somehow, although it did set off the tears!

Sorry for the ramble of a me post but am a bit excited. Keep dashing off to look at him again.

Welcome to all the newbies and good luck for scans coming up.

Val x

·
Registered
387 Posts
Val

Fab news on the scan - congrats on your little boy!!

Hope you can relax a bit now and enjoy having a small bump - think of yourself as lucky - less weight to lose afterwards!!!!

Kim
xx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there again,

I've just had a fantastic phone call and need to share the news. The results from our Nuchal scan are odds of 1 in 3300  ;D I don't think I could have hoped for better.

Val, sounds like your scan went really well. Its wonderful and amazing to be able to see our babies so clearly isn't it.

Lol to everyone.

Edna

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi All

Caro - glad to hear everything went ok with your scan, little girls how cute

Amanda - good luck for 20 week scan tomorrow

Hope everyone else is keeping well

Wendy x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya everybody!!

Olwen - Know how you feel about the 20 week scan - ours is on 30th August (which I know is only 4 weeks away, and we've had to wait longer than 4 weeks for appointments but it still feels an age away!!  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ )

Val - Congrats on your scan!  I have to admit after reading your post about the music on the disc I have  :'( in my eyes!!  It's a good job I get into work really early & I'm the only one in here at the moment!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  (It's an open plan office)

Edna - Nice one on your test results!!

Last night was fun! (NOT!!!!)  I've had tingly hips when I sleep on my side now, for what feels like months! - anyway - I got up at 4.30 to go for my usual nightly pee - got to the door of the bedroom & realised I couldn't feel my right leg  :eek: :eek: !  It was just like when you sleep with your arm above your head & it goes dead, and then you know that any second you are going to feel the blood flowing back into it again  :eek: :eek: :eek:.  Well that's what I had with my leg!!!  Everytime I tried to move it or put weight on it I couldn't coz it was hurting/pins & needles (with the blood flowing back into it)  DH nearly had a pg wife falling on him in the middle of the night  ;D ;D ;D ;D!!  I just managed to reach the wall to stop me falling over!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  The thing is, is that our bathroom is downstairs & I was busting!!  I must have looked like a zombie trying to drag my leg along the landing & down the stairs!!!  So glad no-one else could see!!  ^idiot^ ^idiot^  Hope I don't get that too many times in the near future!!!  Or the distant future for that matter!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

xxxx

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Hi Ladies,
Sorry I shouldn't be here! I am still on 1st Tri, but forgot to say good bye to Owlen and Edna before they crossed over!!! ^wave^
BYE BYE GIRLS!!!
Take Care,
Love,
Claire,
xxx.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi everyone,

Edna - was worried when you didnt follow me over here yesterday... a relief to see you here last night ;D  Congratulations on your nuchal result - like you said, you couldnt have got better ^congrats^ ^congrats^

Val - congratulations on your scan  ^congrats^ ^storkboy^ ^blueted^

Steph - what a scary experience last night.  Hope you got to the loo in time ;) ;D ;D

Big hello to everyone else,
Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi ladies,

Val - your scan sounds wonderful, the wedding song bit brought a tear to my eye as well! I can't believe that boys start as they mean to go on in the womb as well, typical!

Edna - congrats on your nuchal result! x

Well I am 16 weeks now and can really feel some stretching going on, at first I wasn't sure what it was but then realised when my lower back started aching an I never have backache.  I like feeling something that reminds that I am pregnant now that the sickness has gone! Mind you the night time loo visits are a constant reminder! I am starting to get a bit of a bump too which delights me as I have put on about half and stone and was just looking chubby!

Anyone here heard of or doing "the gentle birth method"? I have started reading the book and listened to the first bit of the cd last night, but it was so relaxing I fell fast asleep! I am thinking of cutting out the wheat from my diet, but then was reading Zita West whose book was like my bible during treatment and she says a different diet. All these books are so confusing! My midwife told me not to read them as no one can say what is right for you as everyone is different, but I am keen to eat healthy as I haven't been as healthy as normal up til now. Any advise welcome!

Lots of love to all,

Soz x

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Welcome Lisa, Olwen and Edna and congratulations on your nuchal scan Edna, it is such a relief when these little hurdles are crossed.

Val, your sonographer sounds great.  Are you going private or is this NH?  My `twenty` week scan isn't until week 23, which I'm told is normal for here but I still can't help worrying and I do have a bump and I can definitely feel the little tyke moving around - he clearly likes pasta and tomato sauce since he was wooshing about the place all yesterday evening after supper  ;D

Amanda, I hope work is OK.  I'm off at the moment on an extended break and due to go back sometime next month.  I've really relished being off for nearly two months but have turned into a right lazy git and have only just dragged myself out of bed.  I'm using this pg as an excuse I think, but the slightest tiwnge or headache I just go to sleep since we can't take anything for it.  It will probably be better for me if I did go back to work and into a routine!

I went to mothercare yesterday and bought some maternity clothes.  I was quite surprised at the niceness of some of their range and it was really weird talking to other pregnant mums about bumps and boobs and the like!  ::).  Does anybody know where you can buy seatbelt adjusters for pregnancy, mothercare didn't sell them and the assistant didn't know where I might get one.?

love Rachael md

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rachael - Blooming Marvelous sell them - I think (I'm sure I saw them in the catalogue) - they have a website & a sale at the moment!! he he

xx

·
Registered
905 Posts
Olwen and Edna  - hi, welcome to the 2nd Trimester. It's so brilliant that even more fellow Angels have made it here! Olwen - are you still being sick?
Edna - great news on the scan!

Amanda - hope your scan went well. Did you find out the sex?

Val - your scan sounded amazing and very emotional. I can't wait to get to that stage.

Steph - sounds like you'll have to keep a potty next to the bed!

Soz - I cut wheat out of my diet a few years ago, with HUGE results; I feel soooo much better and also have less migraines and less digestion problems. I swear it's why I never got constipation last pregnancy - wheat is really hard to digest! But just eat what feels right for you.

Rachael - you can also get the seatbelt adjuster from the PHP baby catalogue (they also have loads of other great stuff). I just used a slim pillow last time across my tummy, which was really comfy.

This morning, I was very brave and made it out the house to go for coffee with my dh and dd. Amazingly, when the sun came out I didn't go up in smoke (vampire-like) but now I am knackered so need to go off for a sleep. Thank goodness my dh is so amazing or nothing would ever get done in my house!

Tam xx

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.