LisaH ^baby2^ EDD 06/02/06
Snorkmaiden ^baby2^ EDD 09/02/06
bluebell ^baby2^ EDD 11/02/06
littleJen ^baby2^ ^baby2^ EDD 18/02/06
Lipgloss ^baby2^ EDD 19/02/06

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Oh crikey, another new part to the thread and I haven't replied to all the recent posts in the last part ;D ;D ;D

Oh well, I'll just say a big ^hello^ to you all and catch up another time.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  I've been busy which has helped the time go by.  Only another 18 days to go before dh gets home.  He said he's really missing me and my tummy and keeps telling me to give the baby a kiss from him - does he think I'm some kind of contortionist?! ;D ;D ;D  He also has a photo of our scan pic and a photo of my belly (nice, not!!) on his mobile and when I asked if he had shown his mum that photo, he said not only his mum, but all his family and friends and basically half of Havana has seen my flabby white tum :-[ ;D ;D 

Actually yesterday was a BIG day for me.....

As the weather has been a bit colder the last couple of days I've been wearing a pair of size 18 jeans I bought a month or so ago (I didnt have anything I could fit into, but wasnt ready to buy maternity gear at that point).  On Friday I noticed they were a bit tighter than they had been the month before, but by Saturday they were so uncomfortably tight that I had to undo them everytime I sat down.  So yesterday I gave up on them completely and for the first time wore my maternity clothes ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^  How exciting is that?!!!  Well very for me, probably not at all for you ;D ;D ;D

Right just had a quick flick back through the last posts and cant believe I missed one which I have to reply to....

Val - what a scare you've had.  I had bleeding early on and that was bad enough, but now must be even worse.  Glad to hear that the scan yesterday showed the baby is ok - hope todays gives you more info and more reassurance.  Big big hugs to you ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Edna - hope telling your work goes ok today ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hope everyone else is doing ok. 
Love to you all,
Olwen xxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya Girlies

Hope you all had a good weekend!!  We picked up some more testers pots for bub's room yesterday.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to choose the paint!!  I know what colours we're having (lilac & light green (kinda apple/mint green)) but it' just choosing the right shade!  Coz we don't want anything too bright coz bubs'll never relax - and we don't want that!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Think I've finally felt bubs moving!!  I think I got a kick just to the side of my belly button last night when I got up for a pee  :) :) he he  On Saturday night I felt a bump (not just hard belly but a bump!!!!!) and to say it freaked me out was an understatement!!!! he he  I stretched my leg out in bed & thought 'my belly feels tight' and & put my hand on my belly & felt a lump!  Eeeek  S'pose I've got more of that on the way! he he

Val - Sorry to hear you've had a scary weekend!  Hope everything goes well for you today!!  You'll just have to stay on the sofa & let DH do everything for you!  ^evil^ ^evil^  It's good that you're hospital does so much over the weekend!  When we ended up in A&E at a weekend during the 1st Tri we had to wait til the Tuesday to find out if things were ok or not - longest 3 days of my life!!!!

Only 2 weeks til Bank Holiday!!! woo hoo  Can't wait!!!!  Not only is it a long weekend but that's when our scan is (30th Aug) -  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry there's no more personals yet - I'm still asleep!!

xxx

PS - Just found out the server that we use for work is down (damn!! he he  ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^) that means I won't be able to do any work for a while!  Am so upset  ;D ;D ;D he he

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Damn - system's up & running now - that means I've got to do some work  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^

xxx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello everyone

Can I join you?  I have just started the second trimester and am expecting non identical twins (EDD 19th Feb but have been told to expect them sooner!).  I conceived through ICSI first time and was so amazed that it had worked after years of TTC that I didn't want to tempt fate and join the first trimester board!  Anyway, I think its now time to get on and start enjoying being a mum to be - hence wanting to join in.

Olwen - I too had to give in and buy a pair of maternity jeans at the weekend - its fab isn't it!

Love to all
Pickles x

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dear all,

we have just come back from holidays and I have not yet seen all those new messages. I hope everyone is OK!

I have just posted this question in the 3rd trimester board but was wondering if any of us might have some advice. I am now 20 weeks and start to panic about Ante Natal classes and booking them in time to make them - everyone says they are booked up very quickly. My hospital doesn´t really provide sufficient courses and I was wondering if any of you have booked classes yet in either Central or North London and could let me know the place you will go to - or do you know of any good internet sites with information on approved classes or what to look out for?

Thanks for your help,
Lotta

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi All

Olwen - I need to go and buy all maternity clothes now as well as I have to leave top button open on all my jeans and trousers (its good to grow  ;D , I love it dh smiles everytime he looks at bump)

Lotta - did you have a nice holiday?

Steph - it weird at first feeling bubs move but makes me laugh everytime I feel it.  I too felt what must have been its back (i think).

Wendy x

·
Registered
905 Posts
Val - your bleeding must have been very scary. Hope all the checks today went well.

Edna - how did work cope with your news? Fingers crossed they were pleased and supportive!

Olwen - I wore maternity jeans for the first time yesterday, and they were lovely - just sat on my hips and I didn't realise I was wearing them, whereas my normal jeans although fit whilst standing up, stick in when sitting down. I understand your excitement - it's so great to be at this stage!

Pickles - Hi! No doubt you're over the moon to be at this stage. And 2 for the price of one! Brilliant!

I managed to take Daisy swimming this morning, which was great as I haven't felt up to it in so long. She is barmy in the water though and I had to keep fishing her out from underwater. I also had a midwife appointment and the baby's heartbeat is still sounding strong - hooray. They've also referred me back to see the consultant as I just saw a frustratingly dippy and complacent SHO last time who was utterly useless. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hope you're all well. I'm off to read in the garden now while Daisy has a sleep.

Tam xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Tam - I know what you mean about having to buy maternity clothes - it feels great!!!!  I was worried that I was just looking fat but people are starting to ask me how far on I am or when I'm due!! he he  It's so cool!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  We've got a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks but all the maternity dresses I've seen are either black (which looks like you're going to a funeral) or covered in flowers/paisley & I'm not a flowery/paisley person - so it's looking like a top I got from Mothercare & my work trousers.  ^idiot^

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi again everyone,

Well I am having a lazy day after my busy weekend.  I think I must have worn myself out because I just sat down with a book this morning and woke up 2 hours later!!!

Pickles - congratulations on your bfp and for getting the courage to join the thread!!!

Lotta - I am in N1 and have booked NCT classes.  They told me I couldnt book before 12 weeks, but then not to leave it much later as they get booked up.  Mine will probably be too late for you as it starts in November and goes on until late January.  Try calling NCT or check their website.  Which hospital are you at?  I'm at UCH and they have a few things on offer there too.  Hope that helps?

Steph - have you looked at the Blooming Marvellous website - they have nice maternity things and you might be able to find either a dress or a skirt or something to go with the top you already have?

Big hello to everyone else - I'm off to read a bit more (and I wont fall asleep again, honest!!!)

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hiya all

Am pleased to say that 20 weeks scan today showed everything was fine and as it should be.  Beany was wriggling all over the place and would not keep still at all (little tyke!!  ;D), she also said she thinks we are having a baby boy  ^blueted^ (she spotted something dangling a few times during the scan  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: ) Although they cover themselves and say it's not 100% I felt I was having a boy anyway as I'm carrying the same as when I had my son (God knows how I remember that far back but you just do).

It was lovely to see Beany, I could stay there all day and watch him stretching and moving around (took my son with me to the scan and he was pleased they said it's a boy - he told the nurse that girls are nasty  :eek:  :eek: - where on earth he has got that idea from I will never know!!!  ;D )

Hopefully going to catch up with everyone again later as now going to ring and text everyone to say everything ok

Les XX  ^monkey^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Les - Congrats on your little boy!!!!!  Bet you are feeling a little more relaxed now that you've had your 20 week scan!  Ours is in 2 weeks & it can't come soon enough!

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Congratulations Les on your little boy ^storkboy^ ^blueted^

Cant  wait for our 20 week scan - only another 5 weeks 2 days to go......

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hiya Steph and Olwen

Yes I feel well chuffed that everything is ok - know what you mean about it seeming to be ages away but that's how I felt and cannot believe that we have actually had the scan - seems to be all surreal!!!!  Yours will come soon enough  ;D - then you can look forward to the next  ^milestone^ (amazing how many of those milestones we have  ;D )

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi girls

Milestones ......aaaahhhhh ........I've lived my life by them for the past 6 months!!!! 

BFP
then first scan - h/b seen - yeah
then 9 week scan - all OK - yeah
then 12 week nuchal (paid for private as NHS do not offer where we live) - all looking good - yeah!!!
then 16 week Midwife appt - hear bubs h/b - all good - yeah
then 20 week scan - IT'S A GIRL - yeah!!!!!
then 24 week Midwife appt - all looking good - me and bubs fine - yeah
NOW I'M 26 WEEKS AND WAITING FOR MY 28 WEEK CHECK UP!!!!!

I'm sure we all do exactly the same!!

Les - great news on your scan - it's such a relief isn't it seeing your baby at the 20 week scan.  I remember you joining the 2nd Tri - and boy has it gone quickly!!!

Steph/Olwen - not long to wait!!  I'll be moving over to the 3rd Tri as you girls have your scans, so I'll have to pop back and see how you get on and find out what you are having (if you are going to find out)?!

Steph - blooming marvellous are good - get their catalogue too as they have lots of lovely baby things in there (clothes, nursery bits & pieces).  I've got some jeans from there, which are good, but the elastic is so tight I do feel a bit restricted in them - although they say they'll fit right through to the end.

Given in my leave date of 26th October to work, which is 4 weeks before bubs is due - but now I want to have an extra 2 weeks as I just cannot wait to leave work.  When do you girls plan to leave??

A tip about maternity clothes - which as you might have figured out by now are not cheap - I went to Evans and bought some larger sized skirts (16 rather than my usual 12/14) and they all have elastic waistband.  They are very cheap in there and great for work.  OK, I might not look the height of fashion, but I haven't spent a fortune and they'll stretch all the way to 40 weeks hopefully!!

Anyway, best do some work (ho hum)!!

Kim
xx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Les - Congrats on your 20week scan  ^blueted^ mine is 2weeks from Thursday and feels like I have been waiting far too long.

Steph - Topshop have a maternity section it is on the web.

Tried to go maternity shopping today and the heat killed me had to head home again without anything.

Wendy x

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all,

Just popped in to let you know that all went well at hospital today. Bleeding seems to have gone and everything on scan was fine. No bleeding from inside uterus and they did an internal and can't see anything outside it either so they are quite happy there is nothing to worry about. They said it's quite often something that can't be explained and that it could have been in there some time and was just working it's way out but that we were absolutely right to have it checked out.

Now more than ever I just can't wait to get to that 28 week mark cause it somehow just feels 'safe' if you know what I mean.

Glad everyone else is doing well. Will pop back later to do some personals.

Val x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Fantastic news Val - what a relief.  So pleased for you that all has turned out well.  Now try to relax until you reach that 28 week mark ;D

Love to you all,
Olwen xxx

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hiya girls,

Just a quick note on maternity wear.  Went to mothercare on Friday they have most of their summer and some winter clothes in sale.  Got a pair of jeans should've been £35 reduced to £15 but when I got to till was charged £12.  Girl said there was another % off also.  Got quite a few tops and a jumper that will come in useful in the winter. 

Lisa xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Ladies, on the subject of maternity wear I was in Gap the other day and moaned at the shop assistant about Gap maternity only being in the USA... Well!! she said that she thought it was coming to the UK soon as they'd just had a meeting about it. Fingers crossed as its very nice stuff and not tooo expensive http://secure.www.gap.com/asp/mat_directory.asp?wdid=90
I bought some jeans on ebay last week and I'm hopping up and down for them to arrive as I'm popping out of my regular jeans. Have most of you gone over to maternity/bigger size clothes now?

My tummy has stopped its aching, thanks for the comments! it felt so weird and was really worrying me. I read online that it was due to all the ligaments stretching and as there was no spotting etc that it would be ok... rest was the answer.

How many of you are going to NCT classes? I'v been recommended them and start in November... feels like agggges away! Infact everything does, I really feel like time is moving sooooo slowly... is it just me?!!
^idiot^ ;D

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.