claire mac ^baby2^ EDD 22/02/06
Kim E ^baby2^ EDD 24/02/06
Peta ^baby2^ EDD 25/02/06

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya Girlies

Wow - another part already!  :eek:

I feel so sleepy today, had a bit of a restless night, good job I'm half day!!!  ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^banana^

Me & mum are shopping for maternity patterns today - since I can't really find anything I like that's already made mum said we'd have a look for a pattern & some material & she'd put on together for me - how cool is that?!  I'm so useless with stuff like that, I think I'm about as good as putting a button back on something!  ^idiot^

Sorry there's no personals yet

xxxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Morning everyone,

I know, I'm not quite as early as usual today.... I did sleep in a LITTLE late (until 7am ;D ;D ) and then I've had so many posts to read so I'm sure you've all beaten me to first post of the day ;D ;D

Taba - sorry to hear your house fell through.  What a nightmare.  Not only because now you have to start again, but also if you had set your heart on that house it might be hard not to compare everything else you see to it.  And of course all the time and energy that you must have put in to the buying process already :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:   Aqua aerobics sounds fun - must find where I can do that near me.  Oh, and buy a bigger swimming costume ;D ;D ;D

Tam - OMG what a scary experience.  I hope Daisy is well and truly on the mend now.  And fingers crossed she wont do it again.  Big hugs to you all ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Edna - got your IM - looking forward to finally meeting you next week, but dont worry if something does come up at work.... we'll keep trying to arrange it and if all else fails we can meet once your on your maternity leave ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steph - thats great that your mum is going to make some maternity things for you.  I bet she's already making baby clothes too ;D ;D

Hope everyone else is ok.  I had a great day yesterday - after my fab Nuchal result in the morning I then went for my 16 week appointment in the afternoon.  Normally its with the GP, but when I saw the midwife at the booking in appointment she said I could have the appointment with one of the doctors at the hospital because I had ICSI and am still on some extra drugs.  It just feels like I am getting a bit of extra attention, not that I am worried about anything, but at least they took notice of my case which is more than a lot of people seem to get.  The doctor said she will see me again at 20 weeks after my scan - another extra appointment.  Anyway all my blood tests and urine tests were fine and then we listened to the heartbeat.  Almost got in a complete panic because she seemed to take ages to find it, but when she did I almost burst into tears!!!  She didnt say how many beats per minute or anything, just that it was a strong, healthy heartbeat ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^  

What a relief.  I spoke to my dh last night to give him the news.  He'll be home this time next week ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^  

Well thats it from me for now,

Love and hugs to you all,
Olwen xxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Olwen - Wow - you're dh is back next week, bet you can't wait!!!  My mum (well, quite a few people really) has had the urge to knit since finding out that we're expecting!  I have no such urge! he he  She's already knitted the cutest pair of shoes (not bootees - shoes) they're amazing & she's working on a blanket as well.  I can think of at least 5 or 6 people who are knitting for us! he he  It will come in handy seeing as bubs will be born mid-winter!  They'll need some nice warm clothes - although there is one matinee coat that someone has knitted that I'm not sure about - it's bright yellow & has LOTS of big lumps sticking out of it!  That was a case of smiling nicely and saying 'thank you it's lovely'  ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^ he he  I feel so awful thinking like that, but if you'd seen it you'd think the same! he he

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Steph - fortunately the only knitter in my family is my gran and she's not really able to knit anymore so I should be able to avoid all dodgy home-made granny-type things.  Having said that, my parents have deliberately not yet told one of their friends because they know she will just start knitting and knitting and knitting and that it might not be quite to my taste (to put it politely ;D ).  Apparently she knitted a jacket for a friend's baby daughter - the friend dutifully took a photo of the baby wearing it and sent it to the lady who was over the moon, and then never put the baby in the jacket again.  Sounds like you might have to do something similar with the bright yellow lumpy matinee coat ;D ;D ;D

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
After this afternoon I probably won't be on here until Wednesday morning - so it'll be dead quiet! he he  ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^  ;D ;D ;D

xxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hello everyone

I'm not even going to attempt a catch up as i'm so behind and this thread moves so fast.

I was going to post to Steph and suggest the photo thing but i see you beat me to it, Olwen  :)

I had a GTT yesterday - yuk! so i'm just waiting for the results of that and i also saw the doc about my cyst and she booked me in for an extra scan - yayyyy! I get to see bubbs again!

Hope everyone's ok and looking after their bumps. A complete stranger commented on mine the other day, for the first time, so i guess i must be showing  ;D

Gill x

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning,
   Owlen, Fantastic results for your nuchal! and its great you had a nice listen to Bubs heart  :). Really glad your DH will be home soon, is he back for good or does he have to pop off somewhere again? Hope hes back for good then you can share all these special times together  ^smlove^.

Steph, My mum also knits, but she does really up to date stuff. She does these really cool hooded tops, that are fab for winter. She also makes curtains and bedding and stuff, she made all Megs nursery things and they looked great  :). Have a great few days off, I bet you wont be able to stay away from FF for that long!!! I give you a day max!!! ;D.

SIL is coming round to go shopping for new curtains and I need to pick Meg up from my Mum and Dads house as she slept there last night, mind you i better change out of my nighty first ;D.
Take care,
Love,
mac,
xxx.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Everyone

Firstly i just need to let you all know i am now off work for 10 days 
^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^
Sorry to rub it in  ;)

Jubjub - Your hospital sounds lovely and like a really special place you have your little one  :)

Clare -  ^congrats^ on your little  ^blueted^ i am also having a boy, do we seem to have more little boys than girls at the moment?

Olwen -  ^congrats^ on your nuchal results and i can't believe it is only one week till your DH gets home, bet your not first to post then as you may not be so eager to get out of bed  ;)

Tam - How worrying about Daisy, hope she is okay sending  ^hugme^

Taba - Sorry to here about the house it is so annoying  :mad:  :mad: i am sure your dream house is out there somewhere.

Steph - Only a few hours left bet your so excited, i also watched he having a baby thing but will not be watching again was rubbish i thought. Next week will be quiet with out you what will we do  ;D

Edna - So sorry to hear your still suffering the tiredness it will go and then you will bloom apparently  ;)

Kim/Becky - Have you seen how close we are to the top i am scared i feel quite secure here on the 2nd Tri, do you think i could just stay here and refuse to move up  :-\?

And little me well as you all know i am off work for 10 days but the best bit is we are getting a whole new bathroom suite fitted including extra large shower and we are starting the nursery  :) it all seems so real now.

Hello to anyone i missed hope your all well.

Take Care
Luv Kelsey x

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi ladies,

Hope you and bubbas are all well!!

I felt the baby move for the first time last night, yippeeee!!!! Well I have had inkling before, but I was quite certain of it this time. I was so excited I could get back to sleep (this was at 4 in the monring!)!!

On the subject of knitting I think I might get away with just one knitted gift, but it is my neighbour so bubs will definitely have to wear it!!!

Sorry only a quickie, I am leaving early for a midwife appt so really must do some work.

love to all Soz x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi again,

Steph - just in case you dont get to post again until next week, I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for your scan!!!!

Gill - great that you are having an extra scan.  Mind me asking what GTT is?  Whatever it is, I hope that the results are fine.

Mac - dh is back for good - I wont be letting him go anywhere without me for a long time now ;D ;D ;D

Kelsey - enjoy your 10 days off work.  How come you are getting an extra large shower - is it so you can fit your bump in? ;D ;D ;D  Only joking - actually we have an extra large shower and its great as you can both fit in together ;) ;)

Soz - wow how exciting feeling baby move.  Cant wait for that, although it might be a few more weeks yet for me.....

Can I ask you all something?  Just wondered if you are all showering or taking baths.  I avoided baths after EC and didnt dare start again after my bfp because I kept bleeding.  Now I am finally feeling more confident that everything is going ok I've started taking baths again to relax me.  I dont have them too hot (although then I worry about how hot is ok and how hot is too hot ^idiot^ ;D ) but today I was in the bath gossiping on the phone to my friend (multi-tasking ;D ;D ) and she asked me if I had been told its now ok to bath again.  I said no, I just felt ok about it but of course now I am worried sick and full of doubts :(  Any opinions?

Thanks girls,
Olwen xxx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Morning All 
Taba - so sorry your house fell through

Olwen - its great hearing the baby's heartbeat I have a doppler but was told by midwife not to use it much as it scares baby so only do so if I havent felt it move for a while.  I have a shower everyday just bath every so often about once fortnight, but its ok to bath now I was only told not to in the first trimester.

Steph - my dh aunt has already asked me what I would like knitted for the baby but she is a bit old fashioned so will be trying to avoid that  ??? And good luck with your scan next week, mine is on thursday what day are you?

Soz - I love it when the baby moves and when I get dh to put his hand on it stops  ;D Only wants mummy to feel it so far.

Wendy x

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Morning all

Popped in to show you my new piccie of our little boy ( not so little though as i was told)!

Kelsey - i am off now as well until the 5th YIPPEE!  and DH - it must have been easter the last time we had time off together so i cant wait.  I bet you are excited to get the nursery started i keep thinking about it and before long i had better start doing as we want to totally redo the room - skirting carpet paint etc so need plenty of time but it feels wierd as i still cant believe its true!  You are right there does seem to be a lot of boys at the mo. :)

Steph - have a good few days off and look forward to hearing about your scan - it really is amazing - each one seems to get better and better.

Soz-  great you felt the baby - baby does not have good timing yet though!  ;D  I just love it when i feel him but i did have a kick in the belly button region yesterday which i would rather he didnt repeat!  Good luck at midwife app.

Mac - my mums like you she has knitted a lovely little hooded top and is making a blanket for the cot but i have had to limit her or we will need a bigger house for all the stuff!  Have a good shopping trip.

Olwen - not long now!  Counting down the days i am sure - have you expanded much since dh went away - i am sure he will notice a difference.  7am - late thats still night time!  ;D  I am making sure i enjoy a lie in now as i am sure they will be a distant memory come january!

Gill - hope your results come back ok - sounds yuk.  Does everyone have to have one or is it just if sugar in your wee?  Bet it was nice someone commented on your bump - i am convinced i just look fat  ^idiot^

Kim - Thanks for the list again - you are a star.

Well i am off shopping now with mum - and lunch, actually i am just going for the lunch, i havent got anything to buy!

Have a good bank holiday girls - chat soon

Clare
xx ^reiki^ 

·
Registered
220 Posts
Clare - Congrats on your scan, a little boy cute  ^blueted^

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks for all your lovely words about Daisy! She had a massive sleep last night and now seems fine (apart from a little bit clingy).

Steph - I watched 'He's Having a Baby' last night, I did quite like it as I find different people's experiences fascinating, but one of the Dad's was annoying - the one who thinks he's a professional dad already, thinking he knows all about what kids do and like.

Olwen - glad your appointment went well - listening to the heartbeat is amazing isn't it? Have your tummy grown since your DH has been away?
I didn't bath for ages, but have started again now as we take it in turns going in with Daisy in the evening (so it's not too hot then anyway). I'm sure bathing now is fine - I mean, going swimming is encouraged isn't it?

Right, I'm off to the corner shop to buy a Milkybar, I'm addicted to them at the moment!

Tam xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya

Tam - Glad to hear Daisy's back to normal, must be a great relief for you!!

Clare - Congrats on your scan, can't wait for mine on Tuesday (just not looking forward to the full bladder! Eeek  :eek:)

Thanx for all the good wishes for our scan, I'm sure everything will be fine.  My mum said she can't wait to see if they bring my dates forward - she keeps threatening a Christmas Day baby (even though I'm due on 10th Jan)!!  I keep telling her I'm not spending Christmas Day in hospital!!!  I know what their food's like! he he  And I want a decent turkey dinner!!!! he he

Well, I'm off now (well, in 15 minutes, but that's close enough!  ^evil^) - speak to you all next week!!!  Hope everybody has a good Bank Holiday weekend!!!  Make sure that there's LOTS of relaxing & enjoying done!!

xxx

^fairydust^

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi girls

I'm at work - and no time for any personals ......but just had to say........

KELSEY - OH MY - HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!!!!  I'll be there to hold your hand next week buddy, as I'm as scared as you........all those new names to learn.  But how exciting, we've very nearly made Tri 3.

Best go!!!

Kim
xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi again everyone,

Thought I would post now so there is less to catch up on tomorrow....

Wendy - thanks for the reassurance about the baths.  I decided not to buy a doppler because I would really freak myself out if I couldnt figure out how to use it properly and couldnt hear anything ;D

Clare and Tam - I've definately expanded since my dh last saw me.  I have told him that on the phone, but I'm sure it will still give him a big shock when he sees me ;D ;D  Might stuff a cushion up my t-shirt for extra impact and to really shock him ^evil^ ;D ;D ;D

Love to everyone - enjoy the bank holiday weekend
Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all,

I can't believe how many posts are going on here at the moment, I only read it last night!!

Olwen- baths are fine as long as not too hot and I would make the most of it while you can! Up until last week I had only been having showers but decided I felt like a bath which was great until I wanted out........it took me a few minutes to work out a way to drag my body out again, think I will just stick to the showers!! 

Tam- good to see Daisy is on the mend, what a scare.

Gill- glad to see you back, I was getting worried that in a couple of weeks I would have to go off to big school all on my own!

Kelsey- I agree, I think there seem to be more boys but maybe they just stick in our minds more cause that's what we have too  ;D

I don't have much to tell except I ordered my baby's wheels today  ^clapping^ makes it very real but a bit scary. Got the Jane Carrera Matrix Pro. It's so hard making a decision as there are so many out there but it was the lie flat carseat that swung it for me.

Hi to everyone else.

Val x

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi folks,

Hope you are all well this evening and looking forward to the weekend.

Steph, you won't see this till after your scan but I really hope all is well.

Olwen, I'm a waterbaby (am considering a waterbirth) and like my baths. Particularly as I usually only have time for a shower so a soak is wonderful. I wouldn't worry too much baby is should be secure now.

On knitted stuff I don't think anyone I know knits so we should be safe from dodgy items.

Tam, glad everythings OK with Daisy now.

Claire, love your new picture, hes very cute.

Soz, how exciting I can't wait until I feel Small move.

Anyway catch up with you all later on.

lol

Edna

Val, cool on getting the wheels. I really need to start road testing options.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.