Cazwhack ^baby2^ EDD08/04/06
clairelb ^baby2^ EDD11/04/06
Sandygirl ^baby2^ EDD11/04/06
friskypony ^baby2^ EDD13/04/06

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi everyone

Well as you can see, i am up during the god forsaken hours of the morning - could not sleep. Beany woke me up, then started sneezing, then could not get comfy so thought oh sod it! So am sitting here (all on my own :( ) with a cup of coffee wondering when my brain/body is going to give in and i will feel tired enough to sleep again.

Kim - ^scared^ ^scared^ I'm at the top of the list (is this where i grab hold of your leg, start crying and beg for you not to send me ;D ;D ;D) just kidding - am excited about it really cos it means i'm getting there faster than i thought i would - if you know what i mean!!! ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Oh well - gonna start looking at baby websites now, to pass the time away - this is the part i hate - not being able to sleep I LOVE MY SLEEP!!!!

A very tired Lesley signing off XX :'(

·
Registered
300 Posts
YES FOLKS, I'M STILL HERE!!!!!!!!

well i am going a bit sleepy now so gonna try to go back to bed and get some more kip.

You will be pleased to know that i have managed to upload some photos into my album - not brilliant but at this time in a morning - it's pretty good going for me  ^idiot^

Les XX

·
Registered
331 Posts
Morning Les,

Hope you got back to sleep.  I had the same problem but not until 5 O'c.

Debs xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Les - OMG!!!!  How early?!  :eek: :eek: :eek:  Hope you managed to get back to sleep!

I can't believe I'm 10th from the top of the list!!  Eeeeek!  Mind you, it's like we said yesterday depending on what source you look at I could already be on 3rd Tri  ^idiot^ ^idiot^  I was telling DH last night all the different views - I said 'Some time between now & 2 weeks time I'll definitely be on 3rd Tri'  ;D ;D ;D

I think DH is getting pg brain as well (in sympathy) - we went to the shop last night to get some milk, I was making brekkie this morning went to the fridge & thought 'oh god I'm having another one of those days' coz I couldn't see it & it turns out DH had left it in the car!!! he he 

We took the last wooden panel down last night in the nursery in prep for builder on Monday.  It was a nightmare taking the radiator off the wall - ended up turning the water supply off (just in case).  Ended up called DH's best mate around to give us a hand - well I couldn't carry a radiator! he he  Such a good excuse this being pg!  ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^  All we have to do now is take the final battens off, take the wall paper off (which came off really easily the other day) & take the skirting boards off!  I'm so proud of my DH - he hates decorating (he loves demolition, but hates decorating!) & he's worked so hard on the baby's room!  Have to think of a way to make it up to him  ^evil^ ^evil^ he he  I just keep thinking that the more we do to the room this week the more it will be finished soon!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Hope you are all well - sorry there's no personals

xxx

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning,
Les, welldone for getting the photos in your gallery!!! and at such an early hour too! :eek:. Hope you are still tucked up in your nice cosy bed dreaming of being thin and drinking tequila on a moon lit beach!!! ;D.
Would be better than my dream of riding foldable bicycles down Nottingham embankment with the Chuckle brothers!!!
!!! LOL!!! Beet that one!!! ;D.

Kim, loving the new pictures :) I dont agree with arranged marrages but in this case it might be a good idea!!! fancy getting Joe and meg together in say about 15 years time???!!! ;)

Debs, hope you not feeling too knacked after being up so early :(.

Meg going to school this morning then this afternoon we are going to Goose Fair with her Cousin and Aunty, then tonight she is sleeping at Mum and Dads as normal!!! I think she will sleep well tonight!!!
the part for our tumble dryer is in shop so I have to remember to pick it up this morning. Knowing our luck it will be the wrong size or something!!! I so hope its not as I have just had enough of washing everywhere!!! ^scared^.

Pop back later,
Hugs,
mac,
xxx.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mac - Good luck with the tumble dryer part!  We ended up getting a new one last time ours went wonky.  Well, I say we, mum & dad bought it for our anniversary  ^evil^ he he.  Mmmmm tequila!  I've not had a drinky since Christmas!  I'm sure that when bubs is finally born I'll have 1 drink & end up on my back! he he  I'll be such a light-weight!

xxx

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Cheap round hey Steph!!! ;D Hope the last few nursery preps go well and no other nasty supprises lurk!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Morning everyone,

Les - your jelly brain incidents made me ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ Love the photos - its nice to put a face to the name.

Edna - I think you are the big boob ^Queen^ - unless of course someone can rise to the challenge and admit to even bigger ones ;D ;D

Steph - well done on the preparations for the builder... sounds like its all going smoothly and will be done in no time. Obviously you'll be having the week off work to check out the hunky builder ;) ;D Did I really say that? I meant to say,to take the week off so you can supervise the work ^idiot^

Mac - enjoy the Goose Fair. And dont forget to pick up the tumble dryer part!!!!!

Now, a couple of days ago we talked about poo, wee and vomit.... can I lower the tone some more and broach everyone's favourite subject.....
SEX
As you can tell we are getting into the X-rated part of the post.... so look away and come back and read it after 9pm ;D ;D

I'm only asking, because after no sex at all for the first 3 or 4 months (doc's orders as I had that bleeding in the 1st tri), I then plucked up the courage to get down and dirty with dh.... I find I want to even more these days, but it feels different than before. He says its normal, my body is changing, blah blah blah, but just wondered if any of you have experienced the same thing. Sorry for tmi :-[ :-[ , but who else can I ask..... I get really turned on, but then at the moment of actual penetration it feels really uncomfortable. I'm thinking if it feels so tight now, how on earth will a baby's head fit through there :eek: :eek: :eek: Anyway was wondering if its safe to use a little KY-jelly or something, or can that affect the baby?

HELP please!!!!

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi ladies,

I have got so much to catch on, haven't even looked at the last thread!! But I will when I get the chance, when I am not so busy at work!

Got back from my hols earlier this week, being in a bikini for a week made me realise quite how big my bump has got! The baby seemed to love the swimming and the sunlight cos he/she didn't stop moving! It was wonderful and relaxing and it was lovely spending so much time with DH.

I started reading this book called "childbirth without fear" it is an old book, my Mum bought it for me, I didn't get that far but will try to persevere with it, anyone else read it??

I am going to catch up properly with everyone and do some personals as soon as I get the chance.

lots of love to all,

Soz x

·
Registered
905 Posts
Edna - 38H?!? This all sounds very unfair! I'm sure that you've all stolen my share!

Kim - lovely new family picture!

Les - you are mad! Surely posting at that hour is just crazy! Love all the new photos. Maybe one day soon I'll sort some of our's  (or get dh to do it!)

Steph - well done on all the nursery preparation. Hope the builder does a great job!

Olwen - you just use a bike puncture repair kit. The inflatable wheels (we've got a 3-wheeler) are great for a smoother ride and all-terrain, but I guess punctures are the down-side (one I'd never considered before).
re. Sex - as we only had the all-clear on Tuesday, we haven't got round to it yet, and as I now feel like a born again virgin, am rather apprehensive about doing it! Surely ky jelly would have a warning if you're not supposed to do it? I do think that sex will not feel the same whilst pregnant - try a different position perhaps?

Soz - glad you had a lovely holiday - lucky you!

Over the last few days I haven't been able to stop eating, I'm turning into the fattest fatty of all time! And I'm wanting bizzare foods. Yesterday I had a cup of tea with sugar (I haven't drunk tea since before tx, and I've never had sugar) then I ate a bag of cheap squashy strawberry sweets and then I had half a glass of red wine (and I've never liked red wine!). I'm also really craving eating a whole roasted pig (I usually only eat white meat) and I'm desperate for a carbonara!! So as you can probably tell, there's no lack of calories going in at the moment! What a difference to a few months ago!

Tam xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Olwen - I agree that nookie does feel 'different' being pg.  I have to admit that sometimes I get the same as you, at the penetration bit it feels uncomfy but then I just try to relax & enjoy myself.  Sometimes thinking about being 'dry' makes you that way (sorry if tmi).  I wouldn't have thought KY would harm the baby - you'll have to look on the box/label to see if it says anything.  I keep thinking about the size of bubs head too!  In my notes there's a chart that shows you the head circumference & abdominal circumference at the different weeks - when I looked at 40 weeks I thought  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:  Eeeek!  But then I keep telling myself that your body adjusts for what's about to happen.

xxx

PS - Agree with Tam, different positions feel different - good excuse to experiment!!  We'll all have to get our Mission Impossible harnesses out!! he he

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi im sarah i will be 4 months pregnant this sunday just would love to chat to someone about it and to share what i am feeling cant really talk to family they think now that it has happeded some how i am cured, lol. We was trying to concieve nearly 5 years i have a son from a previous relationship who i can say is the light of my life i am really over the moon and so excited and lucky that it has happened yet feel guilty at same time. So scared every little pain i get my heart starts racing just would love to have a laugh with someone about it sorry for sounding so sad and desparate normally quite bubbly must be a hormone day.!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sarah - Welcome To The Madhouse!! - Congrats on your pg!!!!!!  We're all the same!  I keep getting aches/pains/twinges & I analyse every single one! he he  It's enough to drive you  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^.  Part of me wishes I could just relax, but you keep asking yourself 'is that ache normal or should it be something to worry about???:eek: :eek: ::) ::)  You're not alone -  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

xxx

·
Registered
949 Posts
You are certainly not alone Sarah

I worry at every single twinge and ache and pain then I worry again if I don't get them!!! ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Terrible heartburn at the moment and noshing on some lovely sweet grapes!

Tired again, had rotten sleep yet again last night, up for a wee three times!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hello all

busy day on here today.

well I have just seen midwife for 16 week checkup. blood pressure and pee pee both fine and she took plenty of blood for the triple test and we gossipped about men weddings and stretch marks!!!! we also discussed antenatal classes which in our area are very very very busy!!! apparently if you get pregnant in brighton and hove they cannot schedule classes until after the birth ^idiot^ ^idiot^ something wrong with that????

we also discussed homebirth which i think we are going to go for  :eek: :eek:

also yesterday I had my first episode of heartburn (NOT PLEASENT) but i strayed to my homeopathic drawers and took some mag phos which helped loads but felt like my throat was burning all the way from my tummy made significantly worse by continual burps!!!!

and on the subject of sex ??? i am with those that think it's different. a bit dryer and old favourite positions not the same anymore. Olwen like you we were made to wait because of early bleeding but have ventured there several times but have to say the urge is not what it was!!!! I thought i was suppose to turn into a horny devil  ^evil^ ^evil^ . I am not sure whether early concerns of bleeding still creep in to mind a bit  :-[ :-[

hi sarah and welcome ask all you want and share what you need to we are all very open with all our bodily functions here  ;D ;D

the preggy brain well I have joined the group i think my mind has just turned to mush seem to be doing dappy things all the time.

back to the (>)(>) incase you were wondering bigger versions of (.)(.) I had to buy a new bra yestreday and wohoo have hit 36 D I am sooooooo proud of myself.

will leave you all on that happy note
;D ;D

Frances

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi all,

Delayed post from me, I've just spent an hour catching up.
Lots of lovely output discussions around wee, poo, vomit - you lot are so delightful!

I'm loving Lost Tam, it's hotting up now!

Well, I had my scan last week, which turned out to be my 14 week and 3 day scan, as they've moved my date forward by 3 days - KIM CAN YOU CHANGE MY EDD TO 27/3/6 PLEASE?

All is well, I've uploaded one of my scan pictures.  I need to upload the others to the gallery and could do with some opinions as one of them looks like the baby's face is not quite right - what do you think?  I'm sure it's nothing but could do with some other opinions.  How do I do the gallery thing?

Bought some fat trousers!!! Yeah, red herring design from Debenhams, I am going to wear them to death as they're great for work - black standard, long smart trousers, job's a goodun.

Love Liv
xxxx

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Hello everyone,
Sorry to jump in as an imposter  :-[.  I am on the list, but 'live' in abroadies in going abroad for TX thread most of the time.
Well, I am glad to see you are all talking bout bodily functions, as I have a 'tmi' type query !  I am in week 22 now, and have noticed an increase in discaherge over the last couple of weeks, mostly clear or white, but sometimes it is yellow and a bit smelly, but not itchy (sorry, I warned you this was nasty !).  I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow as apparently my urine test revealed that there are 'mixed cultures'.
Have any of you any experience of this ?  I don't want to take antibiotics really, but don't want to harm the baby.  Any tips ? How common is this ? What have you all done if you have had an infection ?
Thanks, and sorry again for jumping in.
Bluebell xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Evening everyone,

Soz - welcome back from your hols!!  Hope you have a nice tanned bump!! 

Tam - remind me not to come to yours for dinner if its whole pig-carbonara followed by strawberry sweets on the menu ;D ;D ;D  I've been eating a lot too the last few days, but nothing so strange.  Just lots of chocolate and ice-cream ^pig^  Oops ;D ;D

Steph - well you may well be getting out your Mission Impossible harness, but I'll be back to the chandelier swinging that I was perfecting for my dh's home-coming from Cuba ;D ;D ;D  OMG, doesnt that seem like a long time ago :eek: :eek:

Sarah23 - hi and welcome to the 2nd tri thread.  I think its normal after everything we've all had to go through that we still have so many mixed emotions.  Of course we are all ecstatic to be pg, but you cant just forget all that we went through to achieve it.  And I think that it makes us more prone to worry than someone who conceived naturally without any problem - just because if something should go wrong for one of us (not that it will) we have so much more at stake.  Anyway hope we can reassure you and help you on your way through the next few months....

Karen - hope you can get some sleep tonight.  I recommend lovehearts for heartburn - havent had any more heartburn since scoffing 5 packets of them the other day ;D ;D ;D

Fran - congratulations on your 36D ^pompom^ ^pompom^  Cant believe you will get your antenatal classes after the birth ??? ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ::)

Liv - congratulations on your scan!!!  Glad to see the piccie - all looks very cute to me.  Enjoy those trousers ;D ;D

Bluebell - I had some pains (but no discharge) a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to the hospital it turned out to be an infection.  They did some more tests and said it was thrush - they gave me some cream and a suppository thingy.  No antibiotics.  Definately go to the doc and get it all checked out - from what I've read infections are quite common in this stage of pregnancy, and dont do any harm to the baby as long as you get them treated.  Even if the only solution is antibiotics, your doctor will be careful to only prescribe those which are safe during pregnancy.  Hope it clears up soon ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Well thats if for me for now.  I'm going to cook some dinner....

Love to you all,
Olwen xxx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi folks,

Olwen, you must be feeling better to be thinking about sex :). As for KY jelly I've been told its fine to use and so yes whilst sex is different it can still be fun ;).

Sarah, like you and I think everyone else here I find it hard to relax and not worry that this can all go wrong. Nothing to do with logic as even after I've had a check up when I've been told that everythings fine I'm still worried. I think its normal and at least we have this outlet to share our fears.

Bluebell, I've had something similar and done a bit of reading. One of my books said that this was pretty normal and another website I belong to has this article which helped put my mind at rest: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/270.html. I think this is rather different from an infection which obviously needs to be checked out.

Hi Liv, we need a LOST sub thread here ;D. I'm also hooked. No idea what is going on and like Tam find it very scary in places ^scared^.

Fran, very glad that your appointment went well and that everythings normal. I can't believe that Brighton can't organise antenatal classes before the birth. Its crazy to suggest you need them afterwards. Like you I'm seriously thinking about a home birth. If everythings normal and you're low risk then they are as safe as hospital. Also I'm pretty sure I want a waterbirth and my hospital doesn't have any facilities so if we go down this route it will have to be at home with a hired pool.

Tam, you're welcome to my share of (.)(.) believe me ;D.

Karen, hope those grapes helped your heartburn and you are feeling better.

Les, can't believe the times of your posts, horrible when you just can't sleep in spite of being exhausted.

Hi Soz, hope you had a fantastic holiday must be really good to be back in the land of cold and fog...not.

Steph, hope that nursery is coming along well with no further unpleasant surprises.

We had a little ^milestone^ yesterday. Small was busily kicking away and DH finally got to feel her. He thought it was like hiccups ??? he should be on my side of the fence. These are definitely kicks. Not that I'm complaining mind I love feeling her move.

Anyway must run, catch up with you all soon.

lol

Edna

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.