Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
With my daily nausea abating I'm keen to get back to the gym.  Does anyone know of good prenatal gym classes in south London or videos or books or some suggestions?  I'm thinking that now it's feeling good I'd like to start back, perhaps on my exercise bike; perhaps an hour a day not letting my heart rate get above 140?!
Thanks in advance!
Calgary

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Calgary

I was told to take it really easy by my consultant and basically be very cautious with exercise, apart from walking and swimming - it might be worth checking what they recommend. It might have been because of the bleeding I had in my first trimester that they suggested this though.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I tend to agree with Karenanna - walking and swimming is probably best, along with some yoga.  I wouldn't do anything too energetic, and in a few weeks you won't be able to cos you'll be feeling too damn knackered!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  ^hugme^ My DH thinks that I don't have the self-control to keep it 'low-key' if I start exercising; and to be truthful I think he's right.  I have ordered a DVD - Complete Pregnancy Fitness by Erin O'Brien that has great reviews and will have a look at it to see if it offers some reasonable options.  Otherwise, given how long it's taken to for us to get here, I agree it's not worth the risk and so I'll be continuing my 'lazy days'.
Calgary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.